Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Whitley Bowl?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think the setup to have common opponents flip flop every year would be better for Whitley and Corbin to do. Most years those two teams would be able to schedule the same type of teams.

I would like to see a alternation between Corbin and Whitley with bringing in to really good teams, and flip flop them every year. THEN, Whitley and Corbin could play in week 2 in there annual matchup and schedule opposite of the place where the bowl will be held.

that would cut travel time down some for sure too :biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The last one was in 98. Its usually hard to get those involved to agree, but everything is completely different now.

However, Bell and Mboro had the city county bowl forever and it did fine rotating it. I do like Whitleys set up much better than Wburg, but I can see where asking them to come over every single year would be kind of wrong. Until Cumberland installs turf I don't see it happening.
I also never see Cumberland installing turf either though...

yeah I think it should alternate or be at a neutral site such as Cumberlands if it did happen but looks like turf among other things is preventing it right now.
pjdoug Wrote:right.I dont remember seeing any grass.:biglmao:

Funny thing was, we killed Sheldon Clark in the first game of the year that year, and it was the William Whitley bowl that we did it in.

Then we had to travel there as a 3 seed in the playoffs, only to show up to a field of mud. Oh well, I was just a frosh and didn't get that dirty Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Funny thing was, we killed Sheldon Clark in the first game of the year that year, and it was the William Whitley bowl that we did it in.

Then we had to travel there as a 3 seed in the playoffs, only to show up to a field of mud. Oh well, I was just a frosh and didn't get that dirty Confusednicker:

one of the worst fields I've seen.if that's what it was.
hard to get dirty if you don't play.
^
Barely seen the field my frosh year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Funny thing was, we killed Sheldon Clark in the first game of the year that year, and it was the William Whitley bowl that we did it in.

I know that the KHSAA says that Sheldon Clark played in the William Whitley Bowl but that along with your memory is inaccurate. In the only William Whitley Bowl, the Colonels played Conner. I'm sure that if you don't believe me you could ask some of the Bowl committee members, I know that they know. Send me a PM and I will tell you the members of the group that put it on.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I know that the KHSAA says that Sheldon Clark played in the William Whitley Bowl but that along with your memory is inaccurate. In the only William Whitley Bowl, the Colonels played Conner. I'm sure that if you don't believe me you could ask some of the Bowl committee members, I know that they know. Send me a PM and I will tell you the members of the group that put it on.

I thought we had played Conner in the pigskin..
Im not saying you're wrong, its been almost 20 years Confusednicker:

Either way, I do remember playing Sheldon Clark twice. I thought the maybe it was just that bowl. I wasn't the only player in the family so a lot of years get mixed up.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I thought we had played Conner in the pigskin..
Im not saying you're wrong, its been almost 20 years Confusednicker:

Either way, I do remember playing Sheldon Clark twice. I thought the maybe it was just that bowl. I wasn't the only player in the family so a lot of years get mixed up.

I was thinking the same thing but I remembered once dietpepsi mentioned it.

You were too young to remember the ww bowl
The ideal of a bowl is a good ideal, but good luck getting enough people involved to go threw with it.
Bolt Wrote:The ideal of a bowl is a good ideal, but good luck getting enough people involved to go threw with it.

yeah it would take some effort and getting alot of people involved to make a go of it but it could be a good thing if established.