1:45 Left
49-30 Pikeville
I bet that flag on hazard
6 yards to Johnson
TD Hazard as time expires

FINAL
Pikeville 49
Hazard 36
Im not sure either one of these teams have a defense capable of stopping Wburg.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not sure either one of these teams have a defense capable of stopping Wburg.

Don't disagree, but not sure Wburg can stop Pikeville on a fast track either.

Panthers put up 49 and that's with Maynard, Estep, and Charles having quite nights.
Chase WHO? Pugh...thats impressive
cj2561 Wrote:I bet that flag on hazard
Hazard got away with SEVERAL late hits that were never called. It is football. If they called every single penalty on every play, games would be 6 hours. Can't see all the penalties. Just leave it at what it is, Hazards penalties must have been more obvious and they got called. All I get from your posts is "Whine. Penalties. Big bad zebras cost us the game". No, Daric Pugh took the game. A 6' 210lb running back was smoking your fastest players on defense, and trucking people when he had to. Pikeville D stepped up when it was gut check time. Think about this, Pikeville did that to Hazard and didn't even come close to having a really good game. All the fumbles have to get cleaned up, but from being there at the game, I really think the humidity had something to do with it, maybe the ball was slick or whatever. But it isn't going to continue being acceptable, I'm sure Coach Mac will get it cleaned up.
PHSForever Wrote:Hazard got away with SEVERAL late hits that were never called. It is football. If they called every single penalty on every play, games would be 6 hours. Can't see all the penalties. Just leave it at what it is, Hazards penalties must have been more obvious and they got called. All I get from your posts is "Whine. Penalties. Big bad zebras cost us the game". No, Daric Pugh took the game. A 6' 210lb running back was smoking your fastest players on defense, and trucking people when he had to. Pikeville D stepped up when it was gut check time. Think about this, Pikeville did that to Hazard and didn't even come close to having a really good game. All the fumbles have to get cleaned up, but from being there at the game, I really think the humidity had something to do with it, maybe the ball was slick or whatever. But it isn't going to continue being acceptable, I'm sure Coach Mac will get it cleaned up.

if the refs can't see 5 feet infront of them, but can see something on the other side of the fields. there is something wrong there. the refs on pikeville side. call 12 man on the field on hazard, but the 2 holding calls, and the block in the back. just 5 feet infront of him, he can't see that. it don't matter if the game is 6 hours or 2 hours. a penaltie is a penaltie. if they don't call them on both teams, then it will be ok. and calling 95% on one team and just 20% on the other team. something wrong with that.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Don't disagree, but not sure Wburg can stop Pikeville on a fast track either.

Panthers put up 49 and that's with Maynard, Estep, and Charles having quite nights.

I think Williamsburg has a much better defense than either of the two.
cj2561 Wrote:if the refs can't see 5 feet infront of them, but can see something on the other side of the fields. there is something wrong there. the refs on pikeville side. call 12 man on the field on hazard, but the 2 holding calls, and the block in the back. just 5 feet infront of him, he can't see that. it don't matter if the game is 6 hours or 2 hours. a penaltie is a penaltie. if they don't call them on both teams, then it will be ok. and calling 95% on one team and just 20% on the other team. something wrong with that.
Now you're just losing credibility. The ref on the Hazard side was the first one to drop his flag on the 12 men call. Happened directly in front of me. It was his call completely. I agree a penalty is a penalty, and if seen, should be called. You obviously have never reffed ANY type of game in your life, because there is a lot going on. Not every hold, block in the back, etc can be seen. Just impossible. I could sit here and rattle off no less than 3 late hits that went uncalled, or I could wonder why no pass interference was called on the deep ball to Cody Estep along the sideline in the 3rd qtr, because he was mugged without the DB turning his head around on the ball. But no, I realize you just can't see them all based on angles and speed of action. Hazard had several false starts that weren't called too, but I'm not going to say anything because after rewatching the Pikeville Prestonsburg game, I saw several that weren't called then (both ways). Take a step back from the heat of the game and you will realize that too.

Good game, Bulldogs. I didn't expect any less. Hazard will get better and be a beast to deal with as the season goes on. But for now, it is on to the next one for both teams. Both have a lot to work on.

One last thing, can someone explain to me what happened on Dixon getting ejected? I went for a drink, and next thing I know, he's gone.
I have said it all year Williamsburg Defense will get them back to Bowling Green Mark it down...Hazard will lose their first playoff home game under coach Mark Dixon.And Williamsburg will make Panther Thunder highlights....win or lose :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:I have said it all year Williamsburg Defense will get them back to Bowling Green Mark it down...Hazard will lose their first playoff home game under coach Mark Dixon.And Williamsburg will make Panther Thunder highlights....win or lose :Cheerlead

We will see how good the Burg's defense is Friday night. I'm not sold yet.
pjdoug Wrote:I think Williamsburg has a much better defense than either of the two.

Definitely not "much better" and maybe not even better. We will get a good look at them Friday night.:popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:Definitely not "much better" and maybe not even better. We will get a good look at them Friday night.:popcorn:

You better look before you come jetpilot. Ball will be flying :football: