Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 34 Morgon Co.0
Tigers get the win but didn't play well on offence..
Congrats to Tigers. Expected more points in this one.
Listened to a little of this one. With the injuries Paintsville has, surprised the first team was still in the game punching another score in with less than 2 minutes left.
Congrats Tigers!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Listened to a little of this one. With the injuries Paintsville has, surprised the first team was still in the game punching another score in with less than 2 minutes left.

Still learning.. but I understand completely.
Any stats on this one?
^Radio said Daniel had 3 TD passes and Belcher ran for 2 TDs and I believe they said 138 yds.
jetpilot Wrote:^Radio said Daniel had 3 TD passes and Belcher ran for 2 TDs and I believe they said 138 yds.

Didn't hear, but I would say that is correct.
Lots of things to clean up on the offense, defense played solid against the run and the special teams were way ahead of where I thought they would be, bot kickers looked good.
TigerBlues Wrote:Lots of things to clean up on the offense, defense played solid against the run and the special teams were way ahead of where I thought they would be, bot kickers looked good.

I agree.
Paintsville looked terrible. A ton of snaps went over the qb's head, Paintsville coaching staff went for it on 4th down in terrible field position. Paintsville had the game won and with everything in them and it 27-0 killed themselves to drive down and score again in the final 4 minutes. Daniels went down late in the game injured, but he did return. How stupid would that be to get your qb injured in a 21-0 game in the 4th??? That almost happened. Cherish this one boys, cause you are not going to get many W's this season. Morgan county is completely rebuilding this season, a bunch of young guys and 34-0 was absolutely as bad as they could beat Morgan, I mean the big fb put one in the end zone in the final 2 minutes and it 27-0 already. Not impressed at all. The game was 14-0 through 3 quarters.
F.N.L. Wrote:Paintsville looked terrible. A ton of snaps went over the qb's head, Paintsville coaching staff went for it on 4th down in terrible field position. Paintsville had the game won and with everything in them and it 27-0 killed themselves to drive down and score again in the final 4 minutes. Daniels went down late in the game injured, but he did return. How stupid would that be to get your qb injured in a 21-0 game in the 4th??? That almost happened. Cherish this one boys, cause you are not going to get many W's this season. Morgan county is completely rebuilding this season, a bunch of young guys and 34-0 was absolutely as bad as they could beat Morgan, I mean the big fb put one in the end zone in the final 2 minutes and it 27-0 already. Not impressed at all. The game was 14-0 through 3 quarters.

TB.
F.N.L. Wrote:Paintsville looked terrible. A ton of snaps went over the qb's head, Paintsville coaching staff went for it on 4th down in terrible field position. Paintsville had the game won and with everything in them and it 27-0 killed themselves to drive down and score again in the final 4 minutes. Daniels went down late in the game injured, but he did return. How stupid would that be to get your qb injured in a 21-0 game in the 4th??? That almost happened. Cherish this one boys, cause you are not going to get many W's this season.

First game for the Tigers and the center I was told hasn't played football in three years and had to switch to the position after the starting center went down. I bet they work on snaps all week. The O line was concerning to me another area to work on. Kash got cramps and came out a few plays no injury there, and look up the remaining schedule, not a lot of ranked teams on there I think they win a few more. I didn't mind going for it on fourth and long because Morgan had not moved the ball any but if your talking about play calling I would get it in Belchers hands more than what they did last night but maybe they are saving him for next week and were content to throw those bubble screens all night and keep the clock ticking. Overall with all the starters that are out it went as expected.
Your turn this is me, that was the best I had.
TigerBlues Wrote:First game for the Tigers and the center I was told hasn't played football in three years and had to switch to the position after the starting center went down. I bet they work on snaps all week. The O line was concerning to me another area to work on. Kash got cramps and came out a few plays no injury there, and look up the remaining schedule, not a lot of ranked teams on there I think they win a few more. I didn't mind going for it on fourth and long because Morgan had not moved the ball any but if your talking about play calling I would get it in Belchers hands more than what they did last night but maybe they are saving him for next week and were content to throw those bubble screens all night and keep the clock ticking. Overall with all the starters that are out it went as expected.

Well said Tb. Don't know if it was first game nerves or what. A lot of snaps will be taken this week. WE have a lot of work to do but we will get better.
This is me Wrote:Well said Tb. Don't know if it was first game nerves or what. A lot of snaps will be taken this week. WE have a lot of work to do but we will get better.
Pville must have done pretty good considering they have a lot of injuries a lot of negatives on here defense must be pretty good
TigerBlues Wrote:First game for the Tigers and the center I was told hasn't played football in three years and had to switch to the position after the starting center went down. I bet they work on snaps all week. The O line was concerning to me another area to work on. Kash got cramps and came out a few plays no injury there, and look up the remaining schedule, not a lot of ranked teams on there I think they win a few more. I didn't mind going for it on fourth and long because Morgan had not moved the ball any but if your talking about play calling I would get it in Belchers hands more than what they did last night but maybe they are saving him for next week and were content to throw those bubble screens all night and keep the clock ticking. Overall with all the starters that are out it went as expected.

I doubt Paintsville showed much against a real bad team with the game next week. I fully expect them to use the exact same game plan they used last year against Pikeville, move the chains and milk the clock. Will Howard and Lemaster by ready to go against Pikeville?
jetpilot Wrote:Listened to a little of this one. With the injuries Paintsville has, surprised the first team was still in the game punching another score in with less than 2 minutes left.

I agree. Not a smart move by our coaching staff.
jetpilot Wrote:^Radio said Daniel had 3 TD passes and Belcher ran for 2 TDs and I believe they said 138 yds.

I'm very surprised that Belcher just had 138 yards against Morgan. How many carries did he get? How many yards did Kash throw for?
Tiger Fever Wrote:I'm very surprised that Belcher just had 138 yards against Morgan. How many carries did he get? How many yards did Kash throw for?

Don't know TB. I only listened to the 4th quarter and the guys on 94.7 talked about the game for about 8 seconds after and then signed off...just remembered the Tigers called a timeout during that last drive also and the announcers didn't like it haha...they sounded like they were in a hurry to get home.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know TB. I only listened to the 4th quarter and the guys on 94.7 talked about the game for about 8 seconds after and then signed off...just remembered the Tigers called a timeout during that last drive also and the announcers didn't like it haha...they sounded like they were in a hurry to get home.

I was in a hurry to get home from Pikeville last week and got home about 12 hours later :biglmao:
Congrats to Paintsville. The Tigers are gonna be tough moving forward, especially as the injury bug clears up. So looking forward to next week.
jetpilot Wrote:I doubt Paintsville showed much against a real bad team with the game next week. I fully expect them to use the exact same game plan they used last year against Pikeville, move the chains and milk the clock. Will Howard and Lemaster by ready to go against Pikeville?

That is negative jetpilot for Howard and Lemaster
How does this one help them for the next game?
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know TB. I only listened to the 4th quarter and the guys on 94.7 talked about the game for about 8 seconds after and then signed off...just remembered the Tigers called a timeout during that last drive also and the announcers didn't like it haha...they sounded like they were in a hurry to get home.

Zero breakdown of the game when it's over, always listen to the other teams radio station.
^WSIP should carry the Tigers, but they have gone over to the dark side.
jetpilot Wrote:^WSIP should carry the Tigers, but they have gone over to the dark side.

WSIP has been carrying JC many years now. WKLW (94.7) is the Tiger network.

:popcorn:
Paintsville is a tough team

I was told at halftime he had five carries in the first half. Don't know what he finished with..
Tiger Fever Wrote:I'm very surprised that Belcher just had 138 yards against Morgan. How many carries did he get? How many yards did Kash throw for?

Haven't heard any final stats of the game. Wished I could help..