Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 22 Greenup County 15
final
Congratulations to Greenup County on good game.:Thumbs:

It could be a long night next week against Ironton for Russell. We will have to keep down the penalties and fumbles next week.
Shocked by how close this game was. Keep your head old buddy (TJ) you are going to be a great coach for Russell!
Really wanted GUC to take this one but figured Russell would take it.
Congrats to TJ, I think he's going to do really well at Russell, once they get used to the changes in the offense. That will take some time.
What was the score of the Russell/Greenup County JV game today?
Think was 27- 7 russell
thanks
Greenup did have the lead at one point in the game. 15-14. I think there were At least 2 delay of games from Russell in the last minutes running down the clock to make sure Greenup couldnt get their hands on the ball again, then a knee. Good strategy I guess. I say play ball.
greenup Wrote:Greenup did have the lead at one point in the game. 15-14. I think there were At least 2 delay of games from Russell in the last minutes running down the clock to make sure Greenup couldnt get their hands on the ball again, then a knee. Good strategy I guess. I say play ball.
Russell also had 2 tds called back and fumbled on the Greenup 5. Anyway the only thing anyone will remember 10-20 years down the road was that Russell won the game.:thatsfunn
The Delay of game penalties would not had happened if Greenup would have started the clock correctly. Just saying
Yep Russell did win. It is what is. 20-30 years from now it wont even be thought about. Have a good season.
greenup Wrote:Greenup did have the lead at one point in the game. 15-14. I think there were At least 2 delay of games from Russell in the last minutes running down the clock to make sure Greenup couldnt get their hands on the ball again, then a knee. Good strategy I guess. I say play ball.

That's what having a lead and the ball allows a team to do. The best way to prevent it from happening is to keep possession of the ball by making first downs...

Confusedhh: :eyeroll: