Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie vs Cov Cath
Who wins and why?

Heard several people who went to Cov Cath/Boone game state it was very close game until Cov Cath started sending their WR's on fly patterns and Boone could not defend it; Cov Cath's run game was not very good. Can Dixie defend the long passing game?
I like Cov Cath by 14-21 pts, just do not think Dixie's young line is ready for a game like this yet.
If Dixie can get pressure on Wagner and/or get good coverage out of their secondary they have a very good channce. Boone played this game without Floyd. He might have made a difference early. Boone's confidence is fragile.
Colonels
I believe dixie can rise to the challenge . Covcath has a long line of tradition . But so does dixie. This game can go both ways easily
Covcath
sstack Wrote:Who wins and why?

Heard several people who went to Cov Cath/Boone game state it was very close game until Cov Cath started sending their WR's on fly patterns and Boone could not defend it; Cov Cath's run game was not very good. Can Dixie defend the long passing game?
I like Cov Cath by 14-21 pts, just do not think Dixie's young line is ready for a game like this yet.

Well I was at the Cov Cath/ Boone Co game and I will tell you what happened.

Boone started off well - had a nice mix of run and pass. Most of first quarter a stalemate. Boone has several players playing both ways (as does Dixie)- @ start of 2nd quarter Cov Cath increased the tempo and completely took Boone apart.
To say Cov Cath's run game "was not very good" is a little silly. When the QB throws over 200 yards and 6 TD's in the 1st half and you only run it @ 10-12 plays what do you expect? In the Cov Cath offense the QB acts as another back- and the screen game is a big one as well.
I'm taking the Blue Colonels in this one. I think the heat will take its tole on the two players for Dixie.
Dixie will be a lot more than what many aren't giving them any credit for:

-More depth at the skill positions
-Wide Receivers plural which most opponents aren't accustomed to
-A solid backfield
-Drew Moores arm and legs
-A defense that was ranked 6th in the state in 6A for points allowed last year
-This years group is targeting the same standard

This years seniors are on a mission to prove last years 7-3 regular season wasn't a fluke. If not for cchs DB Way last year and a few errant passes in the red zone by Moore. Dixie would have won last year. Drew is wiser and has worked hard in the offseason to lead this offense. Also a head coach who isn't pre-occupied with the pending death of his wife of cancer is a big plus.

This will be a big statement game for the Dixie Heights Red Colonels.

21-14 Dixie Heights :Thumbs:

This game has been moved to 9:30a Saturday at cchs due to heat concerns.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
CovCath bigger than expected. Dixie is going to be a 6A force this year, but they still aren't up to the CovCath level.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Covington Catholic 35
Dixie Heights 14
How many kids does Dixie have playing 2 ways?
Pick6 Wrote:How many kids does Dixie have playing 2 ways?

Approximately 4-6...I say approximately because some will start on defense and see a few plays on offense based on down and distance. Only four I know of that start on both o & d.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
bluedad1 Wrote:Well I was at the Cov Cath/ Boone Co game and I will tell you what happened.

Boone started off well - had a nice mix of run and pass. Most of first quarter a stalemate. Boone has several players playing both ways (as does Dixie)- @ start of 2nd quarter Cov Cath increased the tempo and completely took Boone apart.
To say Cov Cath's run game "was not very good" is a little silly. When the QB throws over 200 yards and 6 TD's in the 1st half and you only run it @ 10-12 plays what do you expect? In the Cov Cath offense the QB acts as another back- and the screen game is a big one as well.
I'm taking the Blue Colonels in this one. I think the heat will take its tole on the two players for Dixie.

add 9 blue...if you change your mind on that whole anonymity issue let me know. I welcome the opportunity to meet you. As for anyone else attending this game pm me and we can make arrangements to meet at halftime or pre game.

Go Dixie! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Getting pressure on Wagner will be key. Does Dixie rotate on the DL?
Spirit100 Wrote:add 9 blue...if you change your mind on that whole anonymity issue let me know. I welcome the opportunity to meet you. As for anyone else attending this game pm me and we can make arrangements to meet at halftime or pre game.

Go Dixie! :Thumbs:

Yeah- didn't catch that when I wrote it. Meant "two way players"
I think this will be one of the best games in the state this weekend.

Dixie - 28
Cov Cath - 21
Playing this early in the morning is really an X factor. I remember in Pee Wee when we had to play that early the kids always came out flat. Hard to perform athletically that early in the morning.
Pick6 Wrote:Playing this early in the morning is really an X factor. I remember in Pee Wee when we had to play that early the kids always came out flat. Hard to perform athletically that early in the morning.

Really? I guess cross country runners are just superior athletes to be able to complete at such a high level that they do at 8 AM on saturday mornings!
It may be out of the norm, but I think to say it is hard to perform athletically is a little overboard.
I'm wonder why Spirit100 is so excited!! LOLOL

Heat concerns are an issue with me, but not for a 9:30 football game.

Dixies's corners are ready, and CovCath won't be expecting this kind of play!!

Dixie wins; 28 to 21!!

Go Dixie Heights!!!!!

Play safe everyone!
Pick6 Wrote:Playing this early in the morning is really an X factor. I remember in Pee Wee when we had to play that early the kids always came out flat. Hard to perform athletically that early in the morning.

Not an issueConfusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm wonder why Spirit100 is so excited!! LOLOL

Dixie wins; 28 to 21!!

Go Dixie Heights!!!!!

Play safe everyone!

So, what kind of play is it that Cov Cath won't be expecting?
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm wonder why Spirit100 is so excited!! LOLOL

Dixie wins; 28 to 21!!

Go Dixie Heights!!!!!

Play safe everyone!

Cov Cath 41- Dixie 7.

Looks like Cov Cath was able to figure out Dixie's play.
bluedad1 Wrote:So, what kind of play is it that Cov Cath won't be expecting?

I thought their defense would be something CC didn't expect. No trashing CC here!!

bluedad1 Wrote:Cov Cath 41- Dixie 7.

Yes, appears they did do just that.

Everyone, please remember Spirit100's son when you pray today. He was injured in this game, and they are not certain how serious it is.
Spirit100 Wrote:Dixie will be a lot more than what many aren't giving them any credit for:

-More depth at the skill positions
-Wide Receivers plural which most opponents aren't accustomed to
-A solid backfield
-Drew Moores arm and legs
-A defense that was ranked 6th in the state in 6A for points allowed last year
-This years group is targeting the same standard

This years seniors are on a mission to prove last years 7-3 regular season wasn't a fluke. If not for cchs DB Way last year and a few errant passes in the red zone by Moore. Dixie would have won last year. Drew is wiser and has worked hard in the offseason to lead this offense. Also a head coach who isn't pre-occupied with the pending death of his wife of cancer is a big plus.

This will be a big statement game for the Dixie Heights Red Colonels.

21-14 Dixie Heights :Thumbs:

This game has been moved to 9:30a Saturday at cchs due to heat concerns.

Dixie was a lot more than expected. Unfortunately it was more of the same.Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:Dixie was a lot more than expected. Unfortunately it was more of the same.Confusednicker:

Hey now Dig it...snicker away after the blueboys break one off in your birds. They are the genuine article, and I'm not referring to your birdies!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
bluedad1 Wrote:Cov Cath 41- Dixie 7.

I picked Covington Catholic to win 35-14 so I wasn't far off Smile
Spirit100 Wrote:Hey now Dig it...snicker away after the blueboys break one off in your birds. They are the genuine article, and I'm not referring to your birdies!

You know it will eventually happen. What better time than a year of transition? I don't begrudge them the occasional win, but the game is still to be played, so we'll see where those chips fall in a few weeks.
OTOH, hope your son's injury wasn't serious.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:You know it will eventually happen. What better time than a year of transition? I don't begrudge them the occasional win, but the game is still to be played, so we'll see where those chips fall in a few weeks.
OTOH, hope your son's injury wasn't serious

Waiting on a radiology report to determine how his chips will fall. Confusednicker: He's a strong kid and a lot more resilient than me right now. Prayer is appreciated!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi