Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's been wrong?
Whats been wrong with the boards? Haven't been able to even load Bluegrassrivals since last night. Didn't know if I was only one having problems or not. Was about to go into DT's.
Start of football season and opening day.
That means a huge flow of internet traffic. Puts to much stress on the servers.
Yea! Seems to happen every year. Playoff time puts a load on it also. Thanks.
Need to check your time marks, Dont think is 10pm just yet.
plantmanky Wrote:Need to check your time marks, Dont think is 10pm just yet.

The time has never been correct on BGR.
We looked into that once and QQ reset the time only to find it will move back to the wrong time. Some kind of error with vbulletin.
I've been on here since 2005 when we had the old boards and can only remember the time being right a few times. I don't even look at it any more.
I had trouble cross it turned out some malware or virus had turned on my proxy thingy and it wouldnt let me get to yahoo and then to this board so i called my isp and they guided me tthrough how to turn itoff then i came straight here it worked.Confusedinglepar
I posted a report in the announcements above if you want to read more. The server had to be taken offline last night for a routine maintenance on a generator at the datacenter. When the server powered back on, one of the RAID controllers failed. The dedicated support team had to do a full chassis swap today.

We spent the entire day working as fast as we possibly could to get everything back up and running before kickoff tonight. None of this was planned, it was just a result of bad timing. Luckily, my wife didn't go into labor today(she is due any time) or we could have potentially been offline all weekend. I apologize for the inconveniences, I really do. Thanks to everyone that helped us out today. I appreciate it.
^
QQ, this time of the year is hell on these servers.
I didn't know it was in that bad of shape today. Thanks for getting the site back up and running!
I'm proud of myself. I started a thread that brought QQ out of hiding.:biggrin: Seriously though, thanks QQ for starting these boards. I remember when you were on the other site and the reason you started this one and I've been here every since. :worthy::worthy: Bunch of nazi's over there. Couldn't even voice your opinion after paying to be there. Go figure.
Good luck and God bless with your wife and child. Pray all goes great. How many babies will that make you now? 3?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
QQ, this time of the year is hell on these servers.
I didn't know it was in that bad of shape today. Thanks for getting the site back up and running!

I know it was bad timing and all for a hardware failure, but I really can't complain too much. That old server chugged away without many issues at all over the last few years.

I am wore out though. Completed a full server move in less than a half day, I hope I have enough energy left to enjoy the football discussions tonight. Guarantee my wife goes into labor tonight too. :Clap:

On a positive note, this new server supports better hardware. Will be doubling our memory Monday which should make things much quicker during high traffic.
That will be great. The traffic is always high come Fridays especially at night after games. During the week the old sever done well then slowed on weekends. Thanks for the update, will make a big difference come this season.
torQQue Wrote:I know it was bad timing and all for a hardware failure, but I really can't complain too much. That old server chugged away without many issues at all over the last few years.

I am wore out though. Completed a full server move in less than a half day, I hope I have enough energy left to enjoy the football discussions tonight. Guarantee my wife goes into labor tonight too. :Clap:

On a positive note, this new server supports better hardware. Will be doubling our memory Monday which should make things much quicker during high traffic.

I have helped on a server move one time in my life, while in college. And unless its BGR's last hope, ill never do it again Confusednicker:

Thanks for the heads up. Good luck with the labor!
Ashland game cancelled flash flooding roads impassible field under water Newport Central Catholc at our high school sucks!!!
Crossbones Wrote:I'm proud of myself. I started a thread that brought QQ out of hiding.:biggrin: Seriously though, thanks QQ for starting these boards. I remember when you were on the other site and the reason you started this one and I've been here every since. :worthy::worthy: Bunch of nazi's over there. Couldn't even voice your opinion after paying to be there. Go figure.

I am always lurking around here making sure everything on the back-end of the server it running smoothly as possible. I have certainly not been able to post as often as would like since starting a new job last year(training, meeting quotas, long hours). Combine all that with a new baby on the way and I have been stretched thinned recently.

I usually do computer and phone repairs on the side too, but I haven't had the time for those the last few months and had to turn those down. Wife has also been in preterm labor for the last 8 weeks and we lived at hospital it seems. Now that she is at a safe date for delivery, Gunner has decided he is not ready to make his grand entrance into this world.

If she doesn't deliver by Monday, they will schedule to have her induced. Can't wait to see and hold the little feller soon.
torQQue Wrote:I posted a report in the announcements above if you want to read more. The server had to be taken offline last night for a routine maintenance on a generator at the datacenter. When the server powered back on, one of the RAID controllers failed. The dedicated support team had to do a full chassis swap today.

We spent the entire day working as fast as we possibly could to get everything back up and running before kickoff tonight. None of this was planned, it was just a result of bad timing. Luckily, my wife didn't go into labor today(she is due any time) or we could have potentially been offline all weekend. I apologize for the inconveniences, I really do. Thanks to everyone that helped us out today. I appreciate it.

Thank you. VERY thoughtful of you to get us up and running before the games tonight!!

I honestly believe all of this was Gut's fault. You should have him checked out!!

Please keep us posted about your new baby! Oh, Susan is a great name if it's a girl!!
Confusednicker:
torQQue Wrote:I am always lurking around here making sure everything on the back-end of the server it running smoothly as possible. I have certainly not been able to post as often as would like since starting a new job last year(training, meeting quotas, long hours). Combine all that with a new baby on the way and I have been stretched thinned recently.

I usually do computer and phone repairs on the side too, but I haven't had the time for those the last few months and had to turn those down. Wife has also been in preterm labor for the last 8 weeks and we lived at hospital it seems. Now that she is at a safe date for delivery, Gunner has decided he is not ready to make his grand entrance into this world.

If she doesn't deliver by Monday, they will schedule to have her induced. Can't wait to see and hold the little feller soon.
I feel your pain..lol Been there, done that. Between having babies as a father and the stresses of work it can get overwhelming. I'm sure the wife and little guy will be fine. :Thumbs:
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland game cancelled flash flooding roads impassible field under water Newport Central Catholc at our high school sucks!!!

That's crazy considering how nice it is here right now.
Hot, but not a cloud in the sky
Granny Bear Wrote:Thank you. VERY thoughtful of you to get us up and running before the games tonight!!

I honestly believe all of this was Gut's fault. You should have him checked out!!

Please keep us posted about your new baby! Oh, Susan is a great name if it's a girl!!
Confusednicker:

Smile As much as we wanted a little girl this time, it wasn't meant to be. But we are definitely excited about another boy too. Can't wait for Gunner to get here so I can finally hold him in my arms.

Everyone with daughters, has told us that raising a girl is much more expensive than a boy? I don't if that is true, but we will certainly will never find out. This will be our third boy, and definitely our last child. We are getting too old.
Yeah, that's what my niece said a few years ago, so her husband opted for a vastectomy. Welll, about a year later Baby Zak was born. She just knew that since she already had 2 boys and this was such a miracle birth that God would give her a girl. Well, God has a sense of humor. We got Zak!! Smile

If you can catch a Harlan County game this year, watch for him, #78. He's the biggest baby on the field.

Good luck TorQQue, and please do keep us posted. I will be praying for you and your wife.
Granny Bear Wrote:Yeah, that's what my niece said a few years ago, so her husband opted for a vastectomy. Welll, about a year later Baby Zak was born. She just knew that since she already had 2 boys and this was such a miracle birth that God would give her a girl. Well, God has a sense of humor. We got Zak!! Smile

If you can catch a Harlan County game this year, watch for him, #78. He's the biggest baby on the field.

Good luck TorQQue, and please do keep us posted. I will be praying for you and your wife.

Scheduling one of those too. I actually may get to watch a Harlan County game this year. My brother and I may ride over and watch you guys when you visit Belfry this year. If I get to, I will definitely be on the lookout for Zak. Thank you for the prayers. I appreciate it.
If you make it to Belfry; look me up. I'll be the one carrying cake to their tail gate party!! LOL

You need to visit Harlan County Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium someday. It's a beautiful facility located in the most gorgeous place in the world.
Granny Bear Wrote:If you make it to Belfry; look me up. I'll be the one carrying cake to their tail gate party!! LOL

You need to visit Harlan County Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium someday. It's a beautiful facility located in the most gorgeous place in the world.

What flavor cake? :biggrin:
Granny Bear Wrote:If you make it to Belfry; look me up. I'll be the one carrying cake to their tail gate party!! LOL

Benham or Lynch ?

There is more to the world than Harlan County :hilarious:
I've given them an opened choice. I made the mistake of taking pumpkin layer cake to Paris during the playoffs. So buckslover68 and skully03 are whining for another. mrs.skully03 has put her order in for chocolate raspberry, and I thought I'd throw in a cream cheese pound cake for good measure. If you come to watch the game, name your cake. I'll bring one just for you. Ask LeeCoUKFan about my red velvet!!

Smile
TigerBlues Wrote:Benham or Lynch ?

Close! Rosspoint is just a hair tad prettier!!!

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There is more to the world than Harlan County :hilarious:

No they ain't.
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland game cancelled flash flooding roads impassible field under water Newport Central Catholc at our high school sucks!!!

Probably the same thing at Boyd County high school for the Bulldogs. I am in Louisa, was going to make the trip but don't see the point. It is raining as I type this so hard that the clouds are black but no thunder or lightning lol. I hope it don't rain next Friday for the home game.
Pike County is still under flash flood watches. It looks bad here, too but no rain. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, when we play.