Poll: who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
McCracken
70.00%
PT
30.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCracken County @ Paducah Tilghman
Who wins this game and why.. its sure to be the best in the area friday night...curious to the thoughts of the ppl of wat they think rodgers can do with these kids..
The huges kid is still there right? That kid is special an will be a mr football candidate 2015 im sure.. he alone is enough to beat some teams.. does anybody know if they were able to fill the shoes of the stud running back the stangs had last year..id be shocked if PT`s new coach could pull off a W against them
Yes the Hughes kid is at McCracken and is only a Junior I believe. May even be the front runner for Mr. Football next season.

mysonis55 is gritting his teeth waiting for this one. In his attempt to ride on as many bandwagons as 64SUR this is a crucial game for his argument that every State Title will come from within a 50 square mile radius of Mayfield. Needs a good showing from both teams.

Big Grin
I think McCracken wins this one. I feel like PT will be better but it will take a bit for them to get there. The first year is not much time for a new coach to fix a program. An interesting note is how much these two coaches have in common. Both have been successful. Both are journeymen. Both coached at Graves Co. Now both have coached at PT.
History shows Tilghman usually wins (> 90%) when Shanks is coaching the defense. But PT was hit heavy with graduation and sent 5 seniors to D1 programs. PT & the Wing T - sort of a little poetic metre.
McCracken County by two TD's
Tica, PT will still win most of the time it just won't happen this year. They lost a lot of talent and have a new coaching staff. A very good staff but it will take them some time to right the ship.
McCracken should be tough for anybody to beat this year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yes the Hughes kid is at McCracken and is only a Junior I believe. May even be the front runner for Mr. Football next season.

mysonis55 is gritting his teeth waiting for this one. In his attempt to ride on as many bandwagons as 64SUR this is a crucial game for his argument that every State Title will come from within a 50 square mile radius of Mayfield. Needs a good showing from both teams.

Big Grin

mysonis55 is the trail master of bandwagon. I think he has a few wagon bringing player from other states. Confusedhh:
64SUR Wrote:mysonis55 is the trail master of bandwagon. I think he has a few wagon bringing player from other states. Confusedhh:

he must be a co-worker of yours thenConfusednicker:
No, no, I would not be bringing them to McCracken. Mayfield would get them. They have an outstanding player in Hughes, who was at one time a Mayfield kid.
McCracken has too much returning. There is alot of tallent at PT. But thy lost alot to graduation. I look for them to be better this year than last and even better in 2015. But I think McCracken wins this one, but I think PT's defense keeps it close.

McCracken 21
PT 17
A little unsettling to see PT practicing inside the 'Plex this week. Not going to be any air conditioning at dusk on Saturday. I pay very little attention to any pregame predictions or hype from our fine folks across town because I have heard it before this game for three years. I say PT 28 - McCracken 21 but this could well be the year of the horse.
I actually talked to a long time Mayfield fan today that said he has PT picked to win 3a at state.
mysonis55 Wrote:No, no, I would not be bringing them to McCracken. Mayfield would get them. They have an outstanding player in Hughes, who was at one time a Mayfield kid.

Where was he before he was at Mayfield?
mysonis55 Wrote:I actually talked to a long time Mayfield fan today that said he has PT picked to win 3a at state.

he made a bad pick Confusednicker:
I don't know where the kid was from originally. I was just told that he was a Mayfield kid before going to lone oak.
Ya he was back in early grade school .. far as I know he was just here... then he moved to L. oak..
His 40 time seems to be dropping about a 10th of a second every two days so I would imagine it's down to about a 3.9 or 3.8 now. This week started with him timing at an impressive NFL tier speed and seems to be getting even better. I just hope I am able to catch a glimpse of him Saturday. Whooooosh.
Tica, you better just be hoping them boys in blue can catch a glimpse of him. I think they are gonna be a real handful this year and next.
Last time I watched him he looked as tho he was plenty fast enough to run a 4.4 fourty about even par with the jaylon Boyd kid from caldwell.. both have been lasered at a 4.4/40...

By far the fastest two players in the area..
I hear there is some talk of an age/eligibility problem with a certain 'Stangs starting senior player. No personal knowledge so I will not repeat the name. Seems they have an preseason "issue" about every year.
I have heard same thing but I believe that they are just rumors!!
Kind of like practicing in pads before legally allowed.