Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Towles named starter
It was just now leaked that he was named the starter this morning. The team was told as well this morning. I for one believe it was the right call. He worked really hard this off season and I think he will a wonderful job this season. Although I think that Phillips or Barker would do a fine job too. We are in much better shape at the QB position this season then last that is for sure. :rockon:
Awesome.
This is definitely the best way to go.
Been waiting for this day. Kid is a tremendous talent and I think he is going to do very well. Towles did things in HS that made me think he would and should be UK's starter at some point. Hope he goes out and proves all the haters wrong! As far as Barker, he might have a great college career, but I think Towles was much more prepared coming out of HS than him and is better player at this point. Hope they both do well at UK.
Go get 'em PT...lead this team to a 5 win season this year and I'll buy you a steak dinner!

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Congratulation, I personally didn't think he would ever see the field. I though they had probably promised Barker the moon.
Said forever this should have been the case.
Smith sucks and Barker is definitely not ready. May not even be for the next couple of years.

FINALLY a UK football coach has done something I wanted them to. It cost Joker his job not listening to me.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Said forever this should have been the case.
Smith sucks and Barker is definitely not ready. May not even be for the next couple of years.

FINALLY a UK football coach has done something I wanted them to. It cost Joker his job not listening to me.

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Go get 'em PT...lead this team to a 5 win season this year and I'll buy you a steak dinner!

Confusednicker:

You know your program is in the dumpster when fans look forward to possibly winning 5 games. Lets hope this program can turn the corner and compete year in and year out.
The best choice that they could have made!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I am so glad they finally made a decision bc there is nothing that I hate more than watching them try to run a 2 qb system
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Said forever this should have been the case.

I thought you chirped all last year that they should give it to Barker and not give it back to one of Joker's recruits.

Now I haven't looked back but I would bet we can find that in print on here somewhere.
FBALL Wrote:I thought you chirped all last year that they should give it to Barker and not give it back to one of Joker's recruits.

Now I haven't looked back but I would bet we can find that in print on here somewhere.

Not once have I ever said that.
In fact, my exact words were Barker was overrated.

My other statement was the Towles should have started as soon as he got there and never been redshirted. We knew we were going to suck anyways, so he should have gotten the game time in.

Don't drag me along on your Joker infatuation. I hate that man with everything in me.

Its okay for you to just admit who was right the whole time. I think you and a couple of more still wish Joker was there.
Suuuure
I apologize. You did say that back in December when I predicted that Towles would be the starter this year.

I had to look it up.

It was monumental. We agreed on something.
^
Don't take away my one time of being right damnit! Confusednicker:
^lol
sstack Wrote:You know your program is in the dumpster when fans look forward to possibly winning 5 games. Lets hope this program can turn the corner and compete year in and year out.

If we win 5 games the university will have to buy a armored truck to help Stoops get his money home.
sstack Wrote:You know your program is in the dumpster when fans look forward to possibly winning 5 games. Lets hope this program can turn the corner and compete year in and year out.

It has been in the dumpster and they're working on getting into the kitchen waste basket. I know I'll be disaapointed if they aren't bowl eligible in 2-3 seasons. Once Stoops first two recruiting classes become juniors and seniors.

If we still can't win 6, everyone should be disappointed. So to win 5 this season with Stoops lead class of recruits at sophomore would be huge! And I'll by PT a steak dinner...

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I think the coaching staff made the right decision and PT will get better every game.

I think Timmons could quite possibly have a breakout year also.
Towles proved himself yesterday. Nice to have a quarterback who can make throws.
Go Highlands....