Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern/Garrard County Scrimmage
Let's talk about what we saw now that Coach French has made his debut as a Warrior. Final SW 20 Garrard 18
SW will take some licks this year, I think they will be 4th in that district.
My take from last night is the Warriors started out sloppy on D. Gave up some big gains on the ground starting out. Two break downs in pass coverage on the first two drives lead to a 12 - 0 lead for Garrard. Garrard was huge up front, pushing into the backfield on several early plays. They got to the Qb's early and often not much to brag about early. The Warriors started to come to life after a couple big picks on D,and the O started to click a little better when the line got their feet under themselves and played more down hill. Doan is the real deal, slight of stature, huge heart, fast. Given more time and health this team will come around.
Mistakes on both sides of the ball by both teams. Always room for improvement!!!

GC comes out with 2 TD drives missing both PAT kicks. (GC 12 - SW 0) SW steps up and
comes back with 1 Offensive TD drive and 1 Defensive score splitting the uprights on
each PAT. (SW 14 - GC 12) SW takes another GC mistake and turns it into 3. (SW 17 -
GC 12) GC comes back with another score and misses on the 2-point conversion.
(GC 18 - SW 17) With time winding down SW finds the uprights again ending the 3rd
QTR with SW 20 and GC 18. JV's took to the field and it seemed to be all SW. I did
see some bright spots for GC in the near future. I was very impressed with a couple of
GC freshman.

I would say a decent to good outing by both. I would give the defensive battle to GC
even with the SW defensive score. GC forced 2 field goals and only 1 SW TD was the
result of an offensive drive. I would also give the Offensive battle to GC because GC
marched down and scored 3 TD's. Plus convert the PAT's and GC score is 22 or 21.
Yes, part of the game, and SW was better at it.

The difference GC mistakes and PAT conversions. Not a bad outing for 3A GC against
5A SW.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Doan is the real deal, slight of stature, huge heart, fast. Given more time and health this team will come around.

Agreed,,, an exceptional athlete!! Like GC, SW has some kinks to work out.
Both teams should have interesting year if they can mesh all the pieces.....