Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 41 East Carter 6
Final
No big surprise here.
True. That's why I didn't comment yet.
Thought Russell looked sharp at times. Kasey was getting frustrated that he couldn't make cuts on the field. Field looked pretty good from the stands but it was actually very wet and mushy in alot of places. Passing game :Clap:..... Need to be intense next week against Fleming Co. and not have a let down on the road. Good luck Devils:devilflam
Marcus had some good catches,Jones looked good,and I liked that reverse to Beekman...but too play a big power house such as Belfry I dont know...where is that SPARK we used to see...running out of time boys, better find it again. Sorry to leave the O and D LINE out,you guys played good also.
Wasnt much of a game....Saw some really poor tackling skills on East's Side.
1st and Ten Wrote:Thought Russell looked sharp at times. Kasey was getting frustrated that he couldn't make cuts on the field. Field looked pretty good from the stands but it was actually very wet and mushy in alot of places. Passing game :Clap:..... Need to be intense next week against Fleming Co. and not have a let down on the road. Good luck Devils:devilflam

Kasey was only about 70% tonight. His ankle is still bothering him really bad and he probably could have sat out tonight but I don't think the coaches wanted him to sit on senior night. The muddy field didn't help either, nor the good D East played. It seemed like everytime he touched the ball there was always 3 or 4 guys around him.
JFLDAD Wrote:Marcus had some good catches,Jones looked good,and I liked that reverse to Beekman...but too play a big power house such as Belfry I dont know...where is that SPARK we used to see...running out of time boys, better find it again. Sorry to leave the O and D LINE out,you guys played good also.

I agree. I think it will be there hopefully starting next week. It was good to see Jacob back in limited action but at least he'll be back in the very near future. That will help soooooo much with blocking and in the secondary. It's hard to "get up" for the teams Russell has been playing, no offense to anyone but it's true for Russell. They will need to start next week. Let's wait and see. I think they'll be fired up.
1st and Ten Wrote:Thought Russell looked sharp at times. Kasey was getting frustrated that he couldn't make cuts on the field. Field looked pretty good from the stands but it was actually very wet and mushy in alot of places. Passing game :Clap:..... Need to be intense next week against Fleming Co. and not have a let down on the road. Good luck Devils:devilflam

i know how he feels. i couldn't cut AT ALL against west tonight, but we still pulled out a big win. good job russell. good luck with the playoffs.
nice to see Sizemore back,what about Nick?
JFLDAD Wrote:nice to see Sizemore back,what about Nick?

He goes to the DR on Monday so he'll know more then. He said tonight he was feeling fine he just doesn't want to rush it. He still has it in a splint though.

His ankle and the muddy conditions kept him from being able to cut at all. It seemed as though all Russell running scores came from straight up the field. Beekman scored on a reverse but he immediately cut up field when he took the handoff from Kasey. There wasn't many cuts at all from either team tonight.
Congrats to Russell
Nick had sais that he should be back in 2 weeks for the playoffs.... With a week for Kasey to rest, Nick to heal and Jacob to get some more reps in.... Our starting D, may be aliitle better. I agree with the Swarm on Kasey guys.... BUT you key on one and everyhting else will burn ya BLIND,,,,,,, Beekman 9 carries for 133 yards... Tyler Jones passing 8 of 11 for 188 yards...... Focus on Kasey, get beat by evertying else.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congrats Red Devils on the win, Every Game Matters.
Congrats Russell
Congrats Russell!