Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morehead State offers Estill County QB Trevor Jones
Estill County QB Trevor Jones was offered by Morehead State today.

Highlights from last season

http://www.hudl.com/team/38761/highlights/52685817
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill County QB Trevor Jones was offered by Morehead State today.

Highlights from last season

http://www.hudl.com/team/38761/highlights/52685817

What did they offer him? An opportunity to be on the team? It's not a scholarship because Morehead is non scholarship.
Thunder Lips Wrote:What did they offer him? An opportunity to be on the team? It's not a scholarship because Morehead is non scholarship.

All I know is that they offered him today.
I'd say they put together some type of package and offered it
Good luck to the kid. Wishing him the best academically and athletically!
He's been offered a spot on UK's team.
What is his height?
5"10
Congrats and best of luck
Congratulations to Trevor Jones....:Cheerlead
Hoover Niece told me last year he was a very good talent. Could play anywhere. Good Luck to him, wherever he chooses to go.
Loved the way he played at the UPIKE 7 on 7. Looked smooth, pretty ball.
His offer from Morehead is actually a scholarship. Not sure what kind of scholarship since they don't offer them for football
Most of the time I think they give an academic schollarship of some sort, even if they aren't a blazingly impressive students. A friend of mine was probably a 3.4 or 5 student, they gave him an academic schollarship that covered 80% of his books/tuition but did not cover his housing. Idk about other circustances, but thats how it worked for him. I believe they are going to be able to start giving atheletic scholarships next year if I am not mistaken. Morehead has done a good job recruiting this year. Gotten alot of the top smaller school guys last year to.
I've always wondered why Morehead State doesnt recruit more Eastern Kentucky kids.
Don Carlo Wrote:I've always wondered why Morehead State doesnt recruit more Eastern Kentucky kids.

Because unfortunately a large number that they and other schools recruit end up getting homesick and leaving.
Strikeout King Wrote:All I know is that they offered him today.

This is walk on only school.
Non- football scholarship at the Head
Non football scholarship or not the kid will be getting and education. To some they look at him walking on for football I see a kid getting the opportunity to get a good education, most of it paid for, and he gets to play the game we all love. Whether he gets a scholarship or not in football his school will be paid for and he won't owe 50,000+ Like my son does. Back when I was in college at the good ole Lees College playing ball tuition was around 400 per semester if that. Now it's what 2 or 3 thousand if not more? Getting school paid for in anyway is a huge plus. Congrats Young man.
bobcatsfan Wrote:Non football scholarship or not the kid will be getting and education. To some they look at him walking on for football I see a kid getting the opportunity to get a good education, most of it paid for, and he gets to play the game we all love. Whether he gets a scholarship or not in football his school will be paid for and he won't owe 50,000+ Like my son does. Back when I was in college at the good ole Lees College playing ball tuition was around 400 per semester if that. Now it's what 2 or 3 thousand if not more? Getting school paid for in anyway is a huge plus. Congrats Young man.

School is very expensive now. how does a kid get free school at a non football schorship school??
Congrats to the young man. Schools like Morehead, Pikeville, Georgetown may not be the big leagues but they give the opportunity to extend the kids football careers for 4 more years and get a good education. Keeping good grades and having Kees money make this possible as well. A school may not have athletic scholarships but will find the money if the grades are good. Seen the boy in action....he will be a good addition.
Most of the things posted are not true so just gonna shed light. Morehead isn't close to the Pikevilles or Gtown as they are FCS and pay those teams to play them. They play in the pioneer league with teams like San diego Jacksonville butler drake Dayton etc. Their champion gets auto bid to FCS playoffs. Coaches that's been in their league include Jim Harbaugh Ron Caragher and Kerwin Bell.
They recruit just as hard as anyone else and no one just walks on there. Get a lot of kids in Ohio Ga WV and get some of the most heralded players from Ky. There staff is one of the best around and the last few years are really making strides. Lead the league in attendance every year with average of 7 to 8 thousand.
Financial aid and grants pay for alot of their players tuition and I would guess top 30 or so players pays very little if any. Lots of Talent there in last few years and conference has several players in NFL. New locker rooms and offices are top of the line and tremendous playing surface. The stadium should get remodeled soon.
Jones is going to great school so Congrats!! Young man can play
fan first Wrote:Most of the things posted are not true so just gonna shed light. Morehead isn't close to the Pikevilles or Gtown as they are FCS and pay those teams to play them. They play in the pioneer league with teams like San diego Jacksonville butler drake Dayton etc. Their champion gets auto bid to FCS playoffs. Coaches that's been in their league include Jim Harbaugh Ron Caragher and Kerwin Bell.
They recruit just as hard as anyone else and no one just walks on there. Get a lot of kids in Ohio Ga WV and get some of the most heralded players from Ky. There staff is one of the best around and the last few years are really making strides. Lead the league in attendance every year with average of 7 to 8 thousand.
Financial aid and grants pay for alot of their players tuition and I would guess top 30 or so players pays very little if any. Lots of Talent there in last few years and conference has several players in NFL. New locker rooms and offices are top of the line and tremendous playing surface. The stadium should get remodeled soon.
Guess they're closer than you think. UPike beat them year before last and was respectable this past season.
fan first Wrote:Most of the things posted are not true so just gonna shed light. Morehead isn't close to the Pikevilles or Gtown as they are FCS and pay those teams to play them. They play in the pioneer league with teams like San diego Jacksonville butler drake Dayton etc. Their champion gets auto bid to FCS playoffs. Coaches that's been in their league include Jim Harbaugh Ron Caragher and Kerwin Bell.
Morehead avg 4,300 a game last year per then NCAA.
Great for the young man to have the opportunity for more football and some financial assistance. Pioneer League offers travel to some neat spots, but it isn't great football. Not as good as NCAA D-II, but slightly better than D-III or NAIA. Not uncommon at all for PL teams to lose against D-III or NAIA teams.
Morehead would finish about 4th in the Mid-South Conference. Still very good football being played across the board in any level of college. Not everyone has the opportunity to do that. Congrats
I think the ultimate goal of a lot of these kids around this area is to be able to "keep on playing". To keep their feet churning and extend their football career. I think Morehead is a good fit for him. He will do very well.
PHSForever Wrote:Guess they're closer than you think. UPike beat them year before last and was respectable this past season.

This is what I was going to say. Upike beat them 2 years ago. I believe the level of play is close to many NAIA schools.
Is this young man Coach Jones son?
Have watched this thread and am amazed by some of these post. The Jones kid is a fine football player and is going to a great school!! One of the top seniors in the state!
Autopart MSU averaged 5800 paid last season and had 8900 for one game. Please post facts.
If you would tell rest of the story they beat Pikeville easily last season and took their starters out after first series of 2nd half. It was 42-10 then. Al Holland thanked them after the game. The year they lost as you so easily forgot to tell, that was when the new coach started and had overhauled his roster, doing away with the trouble makers. Played a lot of true freshmen.
Watch a lot of football and comparing these too leagues is laughable. Msu plays Jacksonville and San Diego, while Bluefield and Cumberlands are on those Mid South schedules.
Seriously the difference is offensive and speed. The Pioneer League just has better players and too many good skill people. As for Morehead there defense has been down the last few years but offensively they are in top 10 in the nation every year in FCS.
I sent an email to couple of coaches that I know in Mid South asking their opinions on this subject. One's answer was are you seriously arguing with people who don't know the difference. The other answer was tell Morehead we need a paid game lol.
Tigercreek Wrote:Have watched this thread and am amazed by some of these post. The Jones kid is a fine football player and is going to a great school!! One of the top seniors in the state!
Autopart MSU averaged 5800 paid last season and had 8900 for one game. Please post facts.
If you would tell rest of the story they beat Pikeville easily last season and took their starters out after first series of 2nd half. It was 42-10 then. Al Holland thanked them after the game. The year they lost as you so easily forgot to tell, that was when the new coach started and had overhauled his roster, doing away with the trouble makers. Played a lot of true freshmen.
Watch a lot of football and comparing these too leagues is laughable. Msu plays Jacksonville and San Diego, while Bluefield and Cumberlands are on those Mid South schedules.
Seriously the difference is offensive and speed. The Pioneer League just has better players and too many good skill people. As for Morehead there defense has been down the last few years but offensively they are in top 10 in the nation every year in FCS.
I sent an email to couple of coaches that I know in Mid South asking their opinions on this subject. One's answer was are you seriously arguing with people who don't know the difference. The other answer was tell Morehead we need a paid game lol.
The pioneer conference is always ranked as the worst in FCS football. For good reason they don't offer FB schorships. So they miss out on the best players. Why would a kid go to MSU when another FCS is offering free everything?