9-19-14 South Laurel Home 7.30pm
10-03-14 Wayne County Home 7.30pm
10-09-14 McCreary County Away 7.30pm
10-17-14 Bell County Home 7.30pm
10-24-14 Casey County Away 7.30pm
10-31-14 Knox Central Home 7.30pm

Dang what a first game. Confusedinglepar
I don't know what a schelude is.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't know what a schelude is.

I didn't think so. Confusednicker:
Pretty decent schedule.
Tough way to start the season with a new coach.
I see 7-3 or at worse 6-4.
William Muney Wrote:I see 7-3 or at worse 6-4.

They still have some cupcakes left over from Jewell.
Outside their district only Trimble and South Laurel are cupcakes. I don't understand Trimble but South is their district rival in other sports and until the last several years was competitive. South is also a big gate and short road trip in off years. Hopefully they will continue the move forward Coach Rhymer began last year.
I would like to see Harlan County added in the future.
William Muney Wrote:I see 7-3 or at worse 6-4.

I Really see 9-1 or a dream season 10-0......Yes I said it. Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:I Really see 9-1 or a dream season 10-0......Yes I said it. Confusederiously:

Not this year.
To be honest, South really isn't all that big of a gate. I suppose it is compared to some games but this is a series that I honestly wouldn't mind seeing go by the wayside. South had a nice run where it was a competative rivalry and even had a nice little streak against the Hounds but those days have come and gone.

I would like to see Corbin replace them with a Harlan County, Williamsburg, or some other successful program. Somerset, Rock, and Middlesboro would be nice additions back to the schedule.

My idea schedule would be...

4 District games

Whitley
Middlesboro
Danville
Somerset

Away bowl (Pulaski school, Pike Co Bowl, etc)
Pigskin (WBurg, Harlan Co, Rock, Boyle, etc)
^
If Boyle would play Whitley home and away, which they did, I think if Haddix wanted it and Boyle needed a game, they may be able to get it done.
E's Army Wrote:Outside their district only Trimble and South Laurel are cupcakes. I don't understand Trimble but South is their district rival in other sports and until the last several years was competitive. South is also a big gate and short road trip in off years. Hopefully they will continue the move forward Coach Rhymer began last year.
The story behind the Trimble Co. game is simple. One of the players from a Corbin team that won a state championship lives there. He married a girl from Trimble Co. and moved there. He has several successful businesses there and ask Corbin to come play. I was told the amount that Corbin was paid for that game was too much to turn down.
I actually don't mind the Trimble game. If you get paid a lot to play a series, why not? I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing for 1 or 2 cupcake games to be on the schedule (with all due respect to TCHS). Football is supposed to be fun for all of the kids and it gives all kids a chance to play. It also can help a team build confidence.
Corbin could be really good and open 0-2. Pulaski is loaded and Southwestern is too now they have buy in.

I do have to ask: why would Trimble ever pay Corbin to play? I thought that is what good teams did for bad teams not the other way around.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Corbin could be really good and open 0-2. Pulaski is loaded and Southwestern is too now they have buy in.

I do have to ask: why would Trimble ever pay Corbin to play? I thought that is what good teams did for bad teams not the other way around.

Tough way to start if they do open up at 0-2. May be some pressure on the new head coach.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Corbin could be really good and open 0-2. Pulaski is loaded and Southwestern is too now they have buy in.

After re-reading my post, I can see why you would assume Trimble Co. paid Corbin for the game. Actually the guy who was pushing for the Corbin-Trimble game made a donation to the Corbin football program.
64SUR Wrote:8-22-14 Pulaski County Away 6.00pm
8-29-14 Southwestern Away 8.45pm
9-05-14 Timble County Home 7.30pm
9-12-14 Danville Away 7.30pm
9-19-14 South Laurel Home 7.30pm
10-03-14 Wayne County Home 7.30pm
10-09-14 McCreary County Away 7.30pm
10-17-14 Bell County Home 7.30pm
10-24-14 Casey County Away 7.30pm
10-31-14 Knox Central Home 7.30pm

Dang what a first game. Confusedinglepar
The Southwestern game is in the Pigskin classic, which is played on Corbin's home field. The Knox Co. game is an away game.
64, you had the burg going undefeated this time last year.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, you had the burg going undefeated this time last year.

Mysonis55 you also had Mayfield. This thread is 3A not 1A. You want to play call coach Haddix.I'm ready. :Cheerlead
Pulaski will be a good measuring stick.
jamesdeane Wrote:After re-reading my post, I can see why you would assume Trimble Co. paid Corbin for the game. Actually the guy who was pushing for the Corbin-Trimble game made a donation to the Corbin football program.

Did Trimble get any incentive? I still don't see what's in it for them.
I would love to. We could drop Marshall Co for them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pulaski will be a good measuring stick.

They might get embarrassed.
Pulaski has their qb back. Pulaski will kick that tail.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:They might get embarrassed.

Very possible.
mysonis55 Wrote:Pulaski has their qb back. Pulaski will kick that tail.

He'll be back again next year to.
5-5 at best
The kid is very solid.