Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Move?
I want to ask a question and would like to get some feedback. I am not trying to make anyone mad or offend anyone, so please don't take it that way. If you're a kid who is starting or playing significant minutes at the school you are at, why do you leave and go to another school? I might could understand this if it meant instead of playing for Alice Lloyd in college you would play at UK. But I don't think that is the case in most instances. Again, feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance to all who respond. :popcorn:
It happens a lot nowadays especially if their team isn't very good and another school has a legit shot at winning region. Especially since it worked out for the Miami Heat. Players want to team up, form super teams that are loaded, and try and win titles. Imo
IMHO, I don't think a kid should ever move because of athletics. There can only be one state champion. If you move to another school, you still aren't going to win a state title. Im not one who gets excited of district and region titles. Theres only one title that counts. Some move because of coaches, who cares. Play for the guy coaching your school. He was put in that situation for a reason.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMHO, I don't think a kid should ever move because of athletics. There can only be one state champion. If you move to another school, you still aren't going to win a state title. Im not one who gets excited of district and region titles. Theres only one title that counts. Some move because of coaches, who cares. Play for the guy coaching your school. He was put in that situation for a reason.

I agree
This will forever be a question that I can't understand. A kid goes to grade school and spends 6+ years and leaves during high school. Betsy Layne has been producing some of eastern kentuckys best athletes and they leave BL but after they graduate they still have no state championship. Where's the Kirby Pucketts, Barry Larkins, Tim Duncan's of the world.
It's called, "daddy drama." If a kid gets 10 minutes a game, move him to where he gets more. If a kid gets 20 minutes a game move him to where he gets more shots. If a kid gets 30 min a game move him to where he's option #1.

Nothing is ever good enough. Here is something all parents need to realize.

2M kids play little league baseball
450,000 play high school
25,000 play college
750 play pro

Odds are all these kids who continually move aren't aging pro much less college. Everyone needs to enjoy being on the team, the trips with teammates and contribute the best way possible to your team. Have that mindset and everything else is playing with house money
Unscrupulous coaches, overbearing and unrealistic parents, and lazy self centered kids.

Who moved from where?

I would assume Shelby Valley because their coach is HARD on the recruiting trail.
Many parents of youth basketball have dreams that their 10 year old son is a future NBA superstar, they dominant little league, then they perform well at the grade school and AAU levels. Their next move is to high school, where they are the best on their team, they fail to win a regional title for a couple of years and the parents, still with that expectation of their son getting that college scholarship and NBA contract, send their son to the team with the best possibility of going to state. Now in doing so, they have blamed the previous school, coach and players for not bringing out the best in their son and alienate him from all those he grew up with. The team works hard, spring, summer, fall, many hours a day, finally senior year to prove to all those that let their son down, the team gets beat in the semi-finals of the region, their son goes to college, drops out and works at Wal-Mart for the rest of their life...
region Wrote:Unscrupulous coaches, overbearing and unrealistic parents, and lazy self centered kids.

Who moved from where?

I would assume Shelby Valley because their coach is HARD on the recruiting trail.
It has been confirmed that Michael Fields has enrolled at Shelby Valley and rumored that Johnny Miller is leaving East Ridge to go to Knott Co. There are other rumors as well, these two seem to make the most headlines though. It just seems like every time you turn around, someone is leaving one place to go to another. How do they get by with that with the KHSAA?
region Wrote:unscrupulous coaches, overbearing and unrealistic parents, and lazy self centered kids.

Who moved from where?

I would assume shelby valley because their coach is hard on the recruiting trail.
this
It's a strange thing. Some people move because of AAU influences. It's funny to see how quickly people can turn. Enemies become your friends and so on.
region Wrote:Unscrupulous coaches, overbearing and unrealistic parents, and lazy self centered kids.

Who moved from where?

Who is he recruiting? They have an abundance of guards sounds like yet 2 more guards are joining them Fields and Burrnett. Could it just possibly be the boys like him and want to play there. I know people there and they say the boys like him. No cursing just yelling.
The kids like to win, just like the parents want to see them win. It is way to easy for kids to go where ever they want and join whatever team they want. Our region(14th) is the worst in the world for players moving around, but it doesn't really matter to me, you can only play 5 at a time, just play with what you got and stop crying about it. It will never change until the KHSAA stops it by saying no matter what, you have to sit out a year if you transfer, just like the NCAA. That would put a stop to all of it. So what if your parents move, blah, blah, blah!!!! Or we could go the other way, where ever you start out the year is where you play, so you could play for 4 schools in 4 years if you want, but where ever you are at in August is where you are eligible, that would be fine too! BUT SOMETHING HAS TO BE CHANGED!
The 14th region is the worst in the state for "transfers" (more like recruits). Never seen it as bad as this before.
I like kids transferring,gives us good discussions and creates a great atmosphere at the games.
^
That it does.
Its probably half of the basketball discussion on this site.

However, if a select few are going to do it (14th region im looking at you) than the KHSAA should open up all recruiting and coaches should be allowed to do whatever they want.
I think it's as simple as realizing that the particular basketball/football program at the school isn't the BEST fit for the athlete. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the school, coaching staff, or fellow players. It just may mean they will thrive in another program that caters to their particular skill set.
Dude, How can you pass up moving when the coach from the new school offers you a Brand New Mobile Home with Satellite and Buckets of CASH!!!! You gotta GO!!!
[Image: http://www.secondhandmobilehome.com/user...-1_990.JPG]

[Image: http://www.borbay.com/wp-content/uploads...C00117.jpg]
Not sure why it would matter? Them transferring doesn't affect you nor I in any way shape or form. So why get your panties in a bunch over it? As someone said,, gives us crap to talk about.
Don't even bring up the KHSAA. They've totally abdicated any responsibility they ever had for high school athletics.
abdicate- fail to fulfill or undertake ones responsibility. lol had to look it up.
The KHSAA is just a governing body, enforced with leaders of schools, and chaired by schools.
In other words, when you bad mouth the KHSAA, all you are doing I bad mouthing your school.
Nobody HAS to be apart of the KHSAA, anyone can opt out and start a new governing body if they would like.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The KHSAA is just a governing body, enforced with leaders of schools, and chaired by schools.
In other words, when you bad mouth the KHSAA, all you are doing I bad mouthing your school.
Nobody HAS to be apart of the KHSAA, anyone can opt out and start a new governing body if they would like.

My post wasn't intended to offend you personally.

It's clear that KHSAA isn't going to seriously try to enforce the rules regarding transfers, so they might as well tear that page out of the rulebook and give up the charade.