Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Baseball Now.
Quick question. Why does Middlesboro have their ace pitcher, mopping up 6-0 games that they have no shot of winning? He hasn't had a start since when? Makes no sense.
If they beat you, it is on talent. Why do you think there was no fuss when the infamous teacher trade happened. IDK who got the bad end in hind sight. Young Powell will take that program soon if they know what is best. The other assistant is to busy whining and living in so called glory days. He can not coach little league. Some internal issues starting to leak out, very sad coaching styles. Stick around and I will tell you how I really feel. Feeling upset in first round, he has choked before.

Go Bobcats!!!!
We are playing very well right now. Bell could not beat us if we failed to show up. Keep wishing!!!1
I am hearing the superintendent may put someone in dugout to keep one of the assistants in check.???????

We will see ya the 19th. Can not wait, we have a surprise for ya.
When we played them at home, 3-2 we won in extra innings, one of the assistants went nuts on them. His vocabulary was beyond belief. I was wondering if that was customary for him?
You all are either mad parents or just drama seekers. John Smith- Played four years of collegiate ball. Coached there as soon as he graduate. Knows the game and loves the kids. A competitor in his blood. He is an amazing coach.
David Kelley- The best outfielder and lead off Middlesboro has ever had. Hit for power and average. Four years of collegiate baseball at LMU. Teaches kids at school and teaching highschool boys to play ball. He loves is just as much as Smith. As well as smith a fierce competitor.
Vince Powell- a great guy. Loves baseball. Couldn't ask for a better man. Loves the kids. Signed D1 at Morehead but couldn't play because of injuries. Competitor as well.
Everyone of these guys played on Middlesboros final four teams and everyone of them holds numerous records. They want the kids to love it as much as them and want to be the best. Barely beating a scrub team will not fly with them. They are teaching these kids discipline which is needed now-a-days. Been to just about every game and they coach to win. They get pissed because they know how good the team can be.
What does all that have to do with the language I heard? The other post was right. Sounds like there are more there that like to talk about the Glory Days.
Has nothing to do with coaching either!!! May 19th Shocker!!!
Dreaming!!!!!!!!
Jacket living in 98, you got me, drama is my thing. My 2 sons will never wear canary yellow.
middlesboro has a pretty good team but has played a very weak schedule
I was just wondering why Crawford was not starting much anymore. Guess there is more out there than I ask for.
Bell could very well beat Middlesboro in district. Middlesboro has good coaches (NOT great coaches) and have played a mediocre schedule - however, there schedule is ten times tougher than Bell's schedule. If I were betting, I'd bet on Middlesboro to win. Coaching is better, they expect to win, and at least they have been somewhat challenged. Bell hasn't beaten anyone that's good. They played with HC once, and took down Cumberland Gap which is very mediocre this year and that is it. However, Bell does have some talent, and it is baseball. Anything could happen.
If you think Bell County will beat Middlesboro in baseball. You're dreaming. It will not happen. Sorry we have to send you home every year
STRANGER things have happened. I remember one happening this fall. One that will not happen again for the next 15 years.
Looking on KHSAA web site, Bell has played two games in 2 weeks.. Talking with one of Bells plYers at Applesbee and he said that they didn't practice the past two weekend either .. Game cancelled Friday and did not practice Friday or Saturday .. Was planning to practice on Sunday and the play the Jackets on Monday.. Bell will not beat the Jackets.. Could be UGLY..
May 19th. The day the Bobcats shock the Jackets.
Failed to get it done tonight. Very proud of the Bobcats they were right there. 1-0 in 5th inning. Frazier homered in 4th. Brock breaks it open late with misplayed ball by us. Jenkins pitched well for us just could not help him with some runs. Proud of our team. :HitWall:
They played really well for 5 innings. Jenkins done a fine job of getting ahead of the Jacket batters.
Bell was never in the game, it was just a matter of when middlesboro decided to turn it on...you got shut out, maybe hit 3 hard balls
If it was 1-0 in the 5th, they were on the game. However, sometimes when you are watching a game, you just are waiting and expecting one team to break it open. I imagine that was how this game went. Who pitched for Middlesboro?

I didn't expect Bell to pull off the upset. Lousy schedule may get a few wins but will expose you come tournament time. I'd say if they payed Middlesboro schedule (even though it isn't a great deal tougher) they'd have 5-6 wins.