Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Letcher County Central Football Program
whats everyones thoughts on the Letcher County Central football program so far?
Thay cant play with good teams at all yet.
I believe they will get better, But the district their in is hell(Rock,Bell).
Is coach Maggard still over there?
Yes he is...
They will get better just look at the schools they are pulling from to make their team, fleming neon and whitesburg had good teams so its just a matter of getting in the grove with all the new talent they have and putting the best on the field. Look out for them in about 3 to 5 years they will a power house to deal with in the moutains.
Hillard Howard will not leave that program unsuccessfully.... I have to agree with lpd826 and say to watch out for them in the near future.
I know next year they play Lawrence County which i'm glad to see....with me living in Lawrence County and my son living in Letcher i'll get to watch him play the dawgs when he gets older..
LCC is getting off scot free with the new alignment! They will be a force in 3-4 years! LOADED IN THE FRESHAMN TEAM AND J.V. team!
dont forget about the passing phenom/coach in ben howard he will run a good offense.
havnt heard much about them.
I know that they are starting to have a dandy "pee-wee" and middle school program. This is where it all starts!
they are building
I figured they would be much better than what they've played ! Someone else said this but I'm saying it again that Fleming Neon, and Whitesburg combined and this should have been a hell of a team ! But like everyone else is saying in 3 to 4 years they will be playing with Bell and Rockcastle !
blackcat_student Wrote:I figured they would be much better than what they've played ! Someone else said this but I'm saying it again that Fleming Neon, and Whitesburg combined and this should have been a hell of a team ! But like everyone else is saying in 3 to 4 years they will be playing with Bell and Rockcastle !
Hillard and Ben will have a program over there no doubt, but, it doesnt get any easier as they go to 5a next year according to realignment.
PantherPride68 Wrote:Hillard and Ben will have a program over there no doubt, but, it doesnt get any easier as they go to 5a next year according to realignment.
Actually, the sad part about it, it does get easier because they are losing Bell and Rockcastle in there district! And keep the same teams that are in it..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Actually, the sad part about it, it does get easier because they are losing Bell and Rockcastle in there district! And keep the same teams that are in it..
i think he is looking at the big picture pb5. you know state champs.
They actually only keep Clay and PCC, and gain Whitley and North Laurel who are both pretty good.
they will get it turned around
i got faith in the coaching staff up there
bigpun Wrote:i think he is looking at the big picture pb5. you know state champs.
I am looking big picture cause I know Coach Howard is. If anyone can get it done he can! His O coordinator STILL owes me a '72 VW bug transmission though LOL!
Ben does, lol..Will have to remind him next time I see him at school.. In 3-4 years, LCC will PLAY WITH ANYBODY..MARK IT DOWN AND REMEMBER I SAID THAT...LOADED!
HazzBeen Wrote:They actually only keep Clay and PCC, and gain Whitley and North Laurel who are both pretty good.
Would MUCH RATHER PLAY Whitley and North Laurel than Rockcastle and Bell though!
Whats LCC's record
3-4 i think
All-American Lineman Wrote:3-4 i think

oh..not to good,who did they beat
The transition shouldn't have been so big. Whitesburg was a solid AA team on average and Neon had a couple good years. I mean didn't Knox Central thump them? They aint Rock or Bell. Were not talking about a new school that has never had football here. Were talking about the consolidation of schools whose had football forever.
Clay beat you by 14, Knox central beat you by 15. You consolidated 2 schools that had football, Your not starting at square 1. You can't really compete in your district.
Whitesburg had a program, Not like you never had football like Jackson co. Beat Rock or Bell, Cant even play Clay or Knox within 2 td's. Not trying to offend but LCC should be better then what they are. Football's been around up there for along time, You took 2 schools that had football and can't really compete unless it's the likes of PCC.
it takes time to get everything to flow the way you want it to when you put three different schools together. it doesnt matter if they had football or not they arent used to playing together. they will get it turned around though. the howards know what it takes to win.
TRAIN85 Wrote:it takes time to get everything to flow the way you want it to when you put three different schools together. it doesnt matter if they had football or not they arent used to playing together. they will get it turned around though. the howards know what it takes to win.
Yes they do, I agree completely. Coach Hillard Howard is a great coach, No doubt. He will make it better. I'm just saying 3 schools combined, That had football, Should be beating a Knox. Whitesburg could have beat them without the other schools.
Knox did hire a good coach also in Dudley's ole D-coordinator and mabey I'm not giving them enough credit. Howard will turn it around, I can see losing to Rock or Bell, Just not losing to Knox by 14.
I saw Letcher's facilities for the first time last Friday and they are top notch. The field, stadium, scoreboard, fieldhouse, and the school itself are outstanding structures. They have an experienced, proven coaching staff and I noted several booths and tents set up just outside the stadium indicating a strong booster club and parental support. There is no doubt in my mind that LCC will shortly become one of the premier programs in Eastern Kentucky. They had the misfortune to land in a very tough district for a developing program (just ask Knox Central and Clay County), but have won all their non-district games plus Perry Central. I expect them to finish at 6-5 overall.
not heard much on them ewhat is their record