Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male 10- Bourbon Co. 0
Final from Owensboro.

5 innings.
I was able to watch this game in it's entirety, and was blown away by Male's pitcher, Jessica Wireman. Every out was a strike out, literally. I heard their score keeper saying afterwards it was 16 strike outs in a 5 inning game, one being a dropped 3rd strike.
Bourbon Co. weren't even fouling many off, they were mostly swings and misses. 2 walks in the bottom of the last inning were the only batters that weren't rung up. It really was something to see.
Bourbon is a pretty solid team. Shortstop and Catcher are both very good. Today I think they got a taste of the level of teams right above them, though, when they fell to Owensboro Catholic right after the Male game.
Mercy and Bullitt East also looked strong.
lastrebel1985 Wrote:I was able to watch this game in it's entirety, and was blown away by Male's pitcher, Jessica Wireman. Every out was a strike out, literally. I heard their score keeper saying afterwards it was 16 strike outs in a 5 inning game, one being a dropped 3rd strike.
Bourbon Co. weren't even fouling many off, they were mostly swings and misses. 2 walks in the bottom of the last inning were the only batters that weren't rung up. It really was something to see.
Bourbon is a pretty solid team. Shortstop and Catcher are both very good. Today I think they got a taste of the level of teams right above them, though, when they fell to Owensboro Catholic right after the Male game.
Mercy and Bullitt East also looked strong.

I would agree completely. Was still a good weekend for Bourbon, seeing the big dogs and seeing the areas needed for improvement.
All in all it was a good weekend.