Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley is the same old team?
All year long I have heard that SV is much improved, but what have they done that any other Shelby Valley team hasn't done. I have watched them. They did beat some weak teams and then got the forfeit. The teams from last year played some tough nondistrict teams. This coach has only beat Phelps, Midland Trail that was worst than Phelps, East Ridge who had them beat, and Pike Central which whipped them all over the field. I think last years team beat Pike Central by a lot more than one score, and also played Sheldon Clark close. What is the difference? I tell you the diffence, a new coach came in and knew he had to win ball games, so he schedule some weak teams!!!!!:Thumbs:

What do you all think? SV will win one more game.
They'll win one more like you said Against there next opponet ! They'll lose to Prestonsburg and Belfry. But maybe instead of playing a Pike County team in the next Pike County Bowl they should play teams like Russel, Tolsia, WV, Bell Co, or maybe Henry Clay ! IMO when a team plays a team thats a whole lot better than them thats when the a coach and other teammates can see what a player is made of when they play against players better than they are and that helps them throughout the rest of the season! Example: '05 Belfry/Henry Clay, '06 Pikeville/Henry Clay ! Both of those teams have come out over most all other EKY teams since !
This Pike County Bowl is political and they always have four local teams play each other on a rotating basis. This is unfair to those teams for one of them starts their season with a conference loss.
blackcat_student Wrote:They'll win one more like you said Against there next opponet ! They'll lose to Prestonsburg and Belfry. But maybe instead of playing a Pike County team in the next Pike County Bowl they should play teams like Russel, Tolsia, WV, Bell Co, or maybe Henry Clay ! IMO when a team plays a team thats a whole lot better than them thats when the a coach and other teammates can see what a player is made of when they play against players better than they are and that helps them throughout the rest of the season! Example: '05 Belfry/Henry Clay, '06 Pikeville/Henry Clay ! Both of those teams have come out over most all other EKY teams since !

the toughest steel goes through the hottest fire..
dfblackcat53 Wrote:the toughest steel goes through the hottest fire..

You got that right brother! If you are tough you can make through anything thing.
two color blue Wrote:This Pike County Bowl is political and they always have four local teams play each other on a rotating basis. This is unfair to those teams for one of them starts their season with a conference loss.

How is it not fair? Each team has a chance to win. If they pick up the loss the first game it's on them.
This thread had nothing to do with Belfry!!!!!!! I swear you all need to get over it. Get back on topic. WHY DOES EVER THREAD END UP TALKING ABOUT BELFRY?
^ Quit Crying!
Valley should have 4 more games left... I see the same ole Valley for the rest of the season dropping 3 of the 4. If the Valley fans, players, and coaches think that they are a top notch program, then maybe they are ready for some top notch teams in the PCB. You cant see what a program is made of by playing teams much weaker than you. Let them play top notch competition the first game of the year so then they can be judged fairly.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
two color blue Wrote:This Pike County Bowl is political and they always have four local teams play each other on a rotating basis. This is unfair to those teams for one of them starts their season with a conference loss.
You're right the Pike County Bowl is political.
The committee should stop trying to be politically correct and dump the other four county teams and take the bowl back to the way it was intended...one night with the two best Pike Co has to offer(Pikeville and Belfry) playing Good outside competition.
:howdy:

(ouch, did I say that out loud?)
Old Timer Wrote:You're right the Pike County Bowl is political.
The committee should stop trying to be politically correct and dump the other four county teams and take the bowl back to the way it was intended...one night with the two best Pike Co has to offer(Pikeville and Belfry) playing Good outside competition.
:howdy:

(ouch, did I say that out loud?)

Before you pat yourself on the back for being so clever, I think that most folks at the "other" Pike county schools would love to go back and let the dynamic duo do their thing and allow ER, Central, Valley, and Phelps to have the freedom to schedule their own games instead of having it decided by the fine folks down at the bank.

(ouch, did I say that out loud?-no, I typed it)
y does everything have to be about valley we finally have a good program at our school and all u guys want to do is keep bashing on us no matter if we win or loose belfrey has played almost the same teams as us including east ridge pike cnetral magoffin sheldon clark and prestonsburg so dont talk about us playing horible teams when one of the best teams in the state have almost the same schedule. Were actually doing pretty good this year so how about atleast one person say something good about us:popcorn:
winner Wrote:y does everything have to be about valley we finally have a good program at our school and all u guys want to do is keep bashing on us no matter if we win or loose belfrey has played almost the same teams as us including east ridge pike cnetral magoffin sheldon clark and prestonsburg so dont talk about us playing horible teams when one of the best teams in the state have almost the same schedule. Were actually doing pretty good this year so how about atleast one person say something good about us:popcorn:
your jerseys are pretty nice.
MR. Pillow pants Wrote:your jerseys are pretty nice.

It's quotes like these that make me wonder about you. You have not posted in a shelby valley thread since the PC game one sayingthat PC was gonna beat us. Well we won and where have you been to put us down? Every game we have played this year we have been picked to lose. Even aginst Phelps we won 79-6 but we was picked to lose. But, Midland trail is a lot worse than Phelps:thumpsup: :dontthink . Maybe were not the Caliber of the belfry's of the state and to be honest you know I thought we could win aginst SC. I was wrong. Of course we like to go into every game thinking were going to win. Whats the use of playign the game if you keeep thinking man I'm gonna lose oh well we give up. You know it actually kinda upsets me that we are the only team that gets critisim for supporting our team. Maybe we do have high hopes for our team, maybe we do think we can win any game. Do not people say that "Any thing can happen on any given night!" Myabe thats gonna be our night one night. But then threads get made about us being the same ole Shelby Valley. If you aint got nothign good to say why say anythign at all. It upsets me that no one every talks about Besty Lane being the same ole Besty Lane, ole ER being the same ole ER, or PC being the same ole PC, or Phelps being the same ole Phelps. But then in a way, I love it. It fuels us in the community to do better, to support our team. Maybe this team dont have the greaest talent in the state of kentucky but still we may not win a game the trest of the season, but Im gonna root for my Wildcats in eveyr game whether we be playing Magoffin or Belfry. And I'm still gonna pick my Cats. And you know it may be just wasting my points but I don't care, but I love my school and were still gonna support them. GO CATS!!!!!
Would someone please close this thread. All it is going to do is start a pissing match that we do not need to have on the site. Why must some get on here and act so childish. I love it that people defend their teams but I hate it that they get ridiculed in doing so. People should be allowed to voice their own opinions without all the negativity and nonsense. Let people be proud of their team! Not everyone has a JC or Belfry or Russell to pull for. I'm just happy to see fans that will pull for their teams no matter what.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:It's quotes like these that make me wonder about you.

It is nice to be missed. I have been quiet because the "barrage " of posters from Valley have slowed down. I don't think it isan actual reflection of your team, I think it is the fact that probably one or two people with multiple accounts did 90% of the hype. I don't need to say much now, cause that had died down a little as most Valley fans have realized the competition early on was pretty weak. I never was against valley, I was against the attitude a few tactless posters were communicating, thus shedding a bad light on Shelby Valley.
pillsburythrowboy needs to calm down! You have a lot of people hating u, but I have to say I love your loyalty. Maybe you need to be head coach there. People only develop a love for their school after they graduate at the Valley because you never played as hard as you argue.
Good job guys. Another thread closed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]