Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pulaski County Basketball Coach
Pulaski is feeling the pressure to hire a big time name coach, but as of lately not looking so good b/c of money not many people know, but the head coaching job at Pulaski pays 10,000 but after they take the insurance and taxes out it turns out to only be about 5,400 and this is one major reason the Shawn Thacker's and Jeff Jackson's only to name a few have all turned the job down...
Do you know if this job is still open to apply for and/or when the deadline is?
Hate to tell you 10K is a good basketball salary in central KY. That 10K must put you in a whole new tax bracket ive never seen. Wow....
Who's interviewing? When are the interviews?
Whats the max salary for a head coach?
Isnt it 10000? In other words, by law, I don't believe they can pay him any more than that, nor could any school.
I thought 10K was normal head coach salary also, at least for these parts anyway.

Anybody know if PC job is still posted?
Most if not all, coaches are employed within the school system. The 10K is their coaching salary in addition to their school salary. If you count the number of hours coaches put into their program then you will know, they aren't raking it in. lol It's like I've always said....If you are in coaching for the $$$, you are in for the wrong reasons!! At least at the high school level anyway. Assistant coaches make even less....something like $2500 - $3500 depending.
There is head basketball, and Football coaches in Ky that make 5K or less for all the time they put in....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whats the max salary for a head coach?
Isnt it 10000? In other words, by law, I don't believe they can pay him any more than that, nor could any school.

I'm not sure 10,000 is the limit? I know there are counties that pay a base say 10,000, and then give year round contracts/extended days, that double the 10,000. Not gonna do it on here but there is a whole list coaches that make much more than $10,000!