Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Districts
What are the pairings for the district tournaments within the 14th Region? Which districts seed and which draw?
56th- SEED
#1-Estill Co. vs. #4-Owsley Co.
#2/3- Powell Co. vs. #2/3-Lee Co.

55th- SEED
#1 Seed still between Jackson/Wolfe Co.
Jackson City (2-1) beat Breathitt Co. twice, lost to Wolfe Co.
Wolfe Co. (1-1) beat Jackson, lost to Breathitt Co.
Breathitt Co. (1-2)

54th- DRAW
Hazard, PCC, Leslie Co., Buckhorn

53rd- SEED
#1, 2, 3 still wide open
-KCC split with LCC, have head to head advantage on runs, still have to play Cordia twice
-LCC still have to play Cordia twice
-Cordia (4-0) have to play both KCC and LCC twice
#4-Jenkins (0-5)
#5-JBS (0-4) -forfeiting dist. games on Riherd's scoreboard?
The 54th district: Not making any sense in basketball/baseball since forever.
Who is hosting each district? Region?
Bluecat Wrote:Who is hosting each district? Region?
per KHSAA website:
53rd- Jenkins
54th- Perry Central
55th- Breathitt Co.
56th- Estill Co.
14th- Buckhorn
rawlingsfan Wrote:per KHSAA website:
53rd- Jenkins
54th- Perry Central
55th- Breathitt Co.
56th- Estill Co.
14th- Buckhorn

Region tournament at Buckhorn? Really? I guess i'm okay with that since Perry won the region there in 2005, but Buckhorn is really not suited to host the regional baseball tournament. It's 20 miles out in the middle of absolutely nowhere with nothing to eat nearby.
When does the 54th district draw?
i agree. Buckhorn is not the place to host regions. field is horrible for one thing, not to mention its out in the middle of nowhere. id there anyway to get it changed or do you have to play there?
Mikehoncho Wrote:i agree. Buckhorn is not the place to host regions. field is horrible for one thing, not to mention its out in the middle of nowhere. id there anyway to get it changed or do you have to play there?

Pretty sure it's locked in at this point. What doesn't make sense to me, is why not just play the games at Perry and give Buckhorn the gate? That's what they do in basketball so why not baseball?? Perry's field is in better shape, has much better parking, and is in a much more convenient location for everyone in the region.
I think it should always be at Powell and Estill. Great central location for all teams!
Im not sure when the last time you guys actually stood on Buckhorn and Perrys fields. Buckhorn has as much parking as Perry. The entire school, and 2 good sized parking lots next to the fields. As far as field conditions, Mike has that field in great shape all year. They played at Buckhorn 2 weeks earlier then Perry this year because the field was in good shape and ready to go.

Is it out of the way and a headache? Absolutely. Is the field and parking better? No
Neither field is GREAT, but id be hesitant to choose which is better then the other. Strictly talking conditions.
Powell and Estill centralized location? You serious Bluecat? Powell and Estill shouldnt even be in the 14th Region.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Powell and Estill centralized location? You serious Bluecat? Powell and Estill shouldnt even be in the 14th Region.

I can see your point on travel locations. An hour from Estill County High School to Scott County High School....It's an hour from Hazard to Jenkins.....It's right around an hour from Irvine to Lexington, a little more than an hour going to one of the Lexington Schools.

Talent Wise, Estill does belong in the 14th. Not trying to be a smart A$$ but take Hazard to the 10th and 11th regions for a year and see how they do, I could almost bet they wouldn't get 10-13 wins. I like Hazard, I think they and Estill should play every year in every sport but the 14th is a little easier than those other regions.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Powell and Estill centralized location? You serious Bluecat? Powell and Estill shouldnt even be in the 14th Region.

Just trying to make a point that Buckhorn isn't as far away as other places that host it!
My mistake. Sorry.
From what I have seen, Buckhorn's field is one of the nicest in the region. Plenty of parking and seating as well. The field may be a little short, but I hear they are getting ready to remedy that problem. I guess people are complaining about driving out to the "boonies" to get there.
I think Wolfe county would be a great place every year to hold it
The breathitt co bobcats are taking the 14th region and then state this year mark my words:Cheerlead
I hope that kcc wins district but I think Lcc will prevail. Lcc has more overall talent than kcc but you never know how a team is going to handle the pressure. Good luck to all teams in district play this week!
Let's hope that the PA guy and woman doesn't talk about KCC like they did about JBS last night. It was so embarrassing to have adults talk about children in that manner over the intercom system. Note to the workers in the booth...make sure you turn off your microphone before you trash talk about any child. KCC parents will NOT be as forgiving as JBS parents if you trash talk our kids!!