Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No JV?
Why would a school not have a JV team?...I deff think every schoo lshould have a JV team so the young can play with players in there area, i dont think its good for the JV to jus play a few mins with competion on the varsity because they would be much stonger and faster but yeah some JVs are gonna have a stud,Anyone know would a school wouldnt have a JV team?
MVP2 Wrote:Why would a school not have a JV team?...I deff think every schoo lshould have a JV team so the young can play with players in there area, i dont think its good for the JV to jus play a few mins with competion on the varsity because they would be much stonger and faster but yeah some JVs are gonna have a stud,Anyone know would a school wouldnt have a JV team?

Well..Shelby Valley has like under 30 players, so that's why they don't have one..almost their whole team is killed out monday and they don't have neough for a jv game. Two people start on the line who would be playing jv!
I dont think Raceland has JV either, I was talking to one of their kids today after church and they are playing Russell Monday night,,, he said that they have to play their freshmen and a couple sophomores because most play Varsity on Fridays..... I told him well next year it will be even on Fridays seince we play each other..... He said "YEA I know..... totally different game next year though ,,,,,,,,,,,,,"
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
We may as well not have one at Pikeville, weve only played three games all year, P-burg has cancelled on us 3 times, and nobody else will schedule us. I dont know why.
if they don't have enough young guys to play on jv what usually happends is they bring in the younger guys (freshman)
Allen Central has only played 2 JV games this year, a third was cancelled by SF. The Rebels have only 28 players (total) with about 13 Freshmen. Quite a few of those Freshmen are Varsity starters and a few are starting both sides of the ball as well as kick off and return. Four quarters of varsity play on Friday followed by 4 quarters of JV on Monday can make it rough. With out those Freshmen who start Varsity there aren't enough players to play JV. The Rebels played Knott Central (10/9/06) and won 8-6.
PantherPride68 Wrote:We may as well not have one at Pikeville, weve only played three games all year, P-burg has cancelled on us 3 times, and nobody else will schedule us. I dont know why.

P-burg cancelled on Letcher County Central also.
Estill Doenst Have JV Cuz Most Of Our Young Players Are Starting Varsity...The Majority Of Our Team Are Sophomores Right Now...We Dont Have Enough Players For JV
Betsy Layne had there first JV game monday this was the first time i can ever remember Betsy Layne having a JV team. Basically the only people that didnt play where the seniors, Brandon Blair, and Brennan Case so it was pretty much BL's varsity without 10 of their players.
Luxord Wrote:Betsy Layne had there first JV game monday this was the first time i can ever remember Betsy Layne having a JV team. Basically the only people that didnt play where the seniors, Brandon Blair, and Brennan Case so it was pretty much BL's varsity without 10 of their players.
Just being able to field a JV team is a step in the right direction at BL, keep it up! Tell coach B to give Coach J a call cause we cant get anyone to play us for some reason.