Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROPOSAL: Extend age limit to three years in college and expand the D-League
New NBA commissioner Adam Silver has said ending the one-and-done rule is a priority this summer, and there are several possible solutions on the table, including extending the age limit so that players would have to stay in school two years, which John Calipari endorses.

According to The Sporting News’ Sean Deveney, another proposal that is currently making the rounds is extending the age limit to three years in college while also expanding the D-League with higher salaries so that players who want to come to the league immediately have a proper training ground, and be able to make a decent living. So, go to college for three years or straight to the D-League.

The sources said that, in order to pave the way for raising the age limit, the league would be willing to expand salaries in the D-League, giving each team a salary cap and allowing executives with each team to sign players as they wish. Not only would that allow D-League teams to sign good young players, it would allow NBA clubs to size up young executives and player evaluators.

Deveney says the problem is the NBA Players’ Association hasn’t been able to find an executive director to work with Adam Silver on the matter. Once they do, Deveney notes, finding a solution to the one-and-done problem will be a priority.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketbal...-d-league/
It will happen.
Starting 2015 you'll have to stay two years or go to the d league.
Here's the deal on that. They'll push for 3 and compromise on 2. Same way they got the one and done. Stern pushed for 2 and compromised on 1. D league straight out of school and stay there your 2 years until your college class can go pro. Riding buses to games and max salary will be 25K. Most will go the college route that way.
How many UK players are currently in the d-league?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I'm ok with these ideas.
I don't trust words, I trust action...