Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 20 Mason Co. 13
Final
Better game than I thought it would be. The Lewis Co announcer called it at 13-13 late in the 4th. I'm guessing a real barn burner.
I heard that Mason was going to be good this year but I thought that Ashland would win by 2 or 3 TDs.
Congrats TomCats
Saw the Ashland people after the game at Mc'D's on AA.... They said that Ashland was down at the half and came back... Tough game and Mason has alot of good Juniors that will be back for next years team for RUSSELL.........
Great Game.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congrats Ashland, Big Win!
congrats Ashland
WoW ! Big Win for the Tomcats ! Now you better get ready for the war thats awaiting you in Paintsville !
If i had a game to watch this Friday that would have been it. Grats Ashland. Keep up the good work!
I knew this game would be close.Alot of people were not giving any respect to Mason County.Johnson Central 35 Ashland 14
Congrats Ashland
Whats Ashland's record now??
Ashland improved to 6-1.

Mason County is no where near as down as people have thought. Their team speed kept them in the game. They were very, very fast, and it gave the Ashland offense fits. Also, Mason County came out full of emotion and Ashland was pretty flat until a missed call brought the flat crowd to life. Ashland's fans nearly outnumbered the Mason fans and when they finally got loud, it threw a wrench into Mason's no huddle offense. The QB was having trouble getting the play in from the sideline, and the receivers and line couldn't hear the calls from the QB.

Mahan struggled passing, and didn't throw enough good balls, and took too many sacks, but he did well scrambling and picking up yards on the ground.

Thomas struggled for anything in the first half but averaged 5 yards a carry in the 2nd half.

Drew McDavid has a great game RUNNING the ball on reverses that were open all night.

The Ashland defense became extremely stingy in the 2nd half pitching a shutout.

There were a few Mason County players, #60 with a head injury, and #20 with some kind of an injury that he was having trouble breathing that I hope are ok.
Congrats to the Tomcats! Should be 7-0, but they have blown that game to Raceland a few times over the years!

Anyway, the Tomcats need to play at peak levels each week. As posted by Tomcat68, Ashland came out flat. That will get them beat in close games. Luckily they won this one, but that type of start won't work against JC. IMO JC is better than Ashland this year and they play with intensity each week. To have a chance to win on the road, Ashland will have to come in fired up and get the jump on JC. And then it may not be enough. IF anyone can beat JC in the regular season this year it would be Ashland though. But wouldn't surprise me to see JC go undefeated. Good luck to the Tomcats!
Ashlands great
EKY Sportster Wrote:Congrats to the Tomcats! Should be 7-0, but they have blown that game to Raceland a few times over the years!

Anyway, the Tomcats need to play at peak levels each week. As posted by Tomcat68, Ashland came out flat. That will get them beat in close games. Luckily they won this one, but that type of start won't work against JC. IMO JC is better than Ashland this year and they play with intensity each week. To have a chance to win on the road, Ashland will have to come in fired up and get the jump on JC. And then it may not be enough. IF anyone can beat JC in the regular season this year it would be Ashland though. But wouldn't surprise me to see JC go undefeated. Good luck to the Tomcats!
yeah and that's going to be really difficult after a long bus ride.
COngrats Ashland