Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is A Lineman??
Same as before... we hear whos the best but what does it take to be a lineman???
:redboxer:
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:Same as before... we hear whos the best but what does it take to be a lineman???
:redboxer:

1.Heart
2.Determination and grit
3.The ability to keep hammering when the body wants to quit.
4.The mind set that when you walk on the field your "ready to Rumble" for 48 minutes...
5.Size helps,but I'll take all the above and a 200lb'er over a 300lb'er who lacks the above any day....
:thumpsup:
The desire to work harder than anyone else and get the least of the glory.

The defiance to go on when you know you're done.

The determination to see your team through to the end.
gridironguru Wrote:1.Heart
2.Determination and grit
4.The mind set that when you walk on the field your "ready to Rumble" for 48 minutes...
5.Size helps,but I'll take all the above and a 200lb'er over a 300lb'er who lacks the above any day....

I agree, Great Post
gridironguru Wrote:1.Heart
2.Determination and grit
i agree very well put
To be the guy who blocks for the guy who will get all the credit in the papers.But colleges watch our lineman so keep working in that weight room guys.
A great lineman never gives up #1! he finds his man and digs him out and punishes him until the whistle blows. hes the one who leaves the weightroom last, whos on the pracitce feild when nobody else is watchin running and driving himself. but most of all he has class. no more to be said.
Lineman is a position in American football. (See also American_and_Canadian_football_position_names.) Linemen are the frontline players of the offense or defense of any play during the game. Their job is to use brute force and quick reactions to get their jobs done.
If on offense they must have the ability to block defensive rushers. If on defense they are to try to sack the QB or get into the backfield and make a tackle on the runner