Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be next Pulaski Co. coach?
Let the speculation begin. Any good prospects out there who might be interested in the job? What direction will go? Out of town coach or another local?
Cothron from Somerset or Butcher from SW. Would be my bet.
I am hearing Cooper- the assistant coach has applied, John Fraley- son of Dave Fraley, would Jeff Cothran be interested?
Of all the possibilities local I think Butcher would be the best fit. His style of play best suits the athleticism PC could possibly put on the floor next year. With all the athletes they should have they could press and run and compete with any team in the 12th region. They just need to coached an PC will be fine.
jim rome Wrote:Of all the possibilities local I think Butcher would be the best fit. His style of play best suits the athleticism PC could possibly put on the floor next year. With all the athletes they should have they could press and run and compete with any team in the 12th region. They just need to coached an PC will be fine.

I hope they don't pursue locally.
I hope Butcher gets the job......I will laugh so hard......he is certainly after it. See how much he loved the SW girls.....
I'm hearing Shawn Thacker or James Powell
ive heard Mitchell Johnson?? any truth?
powell wont get it. cooper may get it but I know alot of people dont want him. I hear old mason co coach inquired about the job. dave fraley may come out of retirement who knows. from some of his tweets during regional tourny sure seemed like the ole juices was flowing
Dave Fraley would have to be a contender anytime he puts his hat in the ring.
I would like to see Shawn Thacker or Darry Burkett.
The former Mason County coach would have to be Butcher correct? Wasn't he the former Mason County girls coach?
steel city gal Wrote:I would like to see Shawn Thacker or Darry Burkett.

Writing on the wall, Walker was fired as Somerset girls coach so Burkett could take over that program.
coach bently at estill would be a great choice if they want a good young coach with no ties to the community. not sure if he would leave estill though
ky playmaker Wrote:powell wont get it. cooper may get it but I know alot of people dont want him. I hear old mason co coach inquired about the job. dave fraley may come out of retirement who knows. from some of his tweets during regional tourny sure seemed like the ole juices was flowing

I don't think it's people don't want Cooper, they are just struggling getting past the fact he was involved with the coaching staff that just got removed.
I didnt mean it bad. u could say same thing about any coach that some dont want him. I would say you are probably right
Somebody gonna eventually give fitz at southern middle a shot. I dont know if he would leave the middle school at southern or not he told me he had it made now but who knows
As much as I would love to see Butcher get it, he wont. Pulaski is not as stupid as SW. Butcher rubs people the wrong way. Check his history.
I am hearing some of the ones who are doing the hiring want an out of town guy. I haven't heard any names yet but that's what i have heard so far.
I wonder if one of Steve Wrights at Southwestern like Don Daniel would be interested in the job? What about Robert Jones?
How about John Fraley? Think he is ready ?
Shawn Thacker is the name I'm hearing most, don't know, maybe just gossip. But it would be funny if PC got Thacker to replace the Govers after they were the main people behind the scenes working to remove Thacker from Somerset. Personally, I think Thacker would be a good hire for PC, he always has competitive teams that play well together.
I do not think Thacker would leave his team at Rowan he has coming back. I think PC should go after someone who is willing to come in and build that program back up to being a contender in the region.
I would love to see Thacker back in the Somerset area.
SWHS future Wrote:I would love to see Thacker back in the Somerset area.

I don't see Thacker coming back to the Somerset area....he seems to be doing a great job at Rowan...
Again I do not see Thacker fooling with PC at this time. Has a nice team returning at Rowan. I have heard some people around the PC community want Cooper to take over. Is there any truth to that?
Wire Wrote:I don't see Thacker coming back to the Somerset area....he seems to be doing a great job at Rowan...
Thacker will be successful where ever he goes. Great work ethics, teamed with great basketball knowledge.
When are the interviews for this job?
bignasty45 Wrote:ive heard Mitchell Johnson?? any truth?

Great question. I think he could do a pretty good job.

He's not quite Ninja approved just yet however