Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 74 Louisville 69
Final
Pucker up nay sayers, you have butts to kiss and apologies to make. Congrats to the Cats on a great win!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Nnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtttttttttttt
I have them losing to Michigan on my bracket,but the way there playing now and comeback with Willy and really James,they could beat Michigan...
Cloud 9!! Next, knew they would come together but had my doubts just like we all did at a certain point. We are clicking like the Hoosiers did with Jimmy Chipwood, we are a tough team to beat. Let's win this whole damn thing!!
What one hell of a come back!!! Wow!!!
Glad to see granny went down on the floor and got their heads right!!!
Cats ate some birds butts tonight
Just a great win for Kentucky.
This team is growing up. Did not play a great game, one player hurt and One in foul trouble but the stay calm hit their free throws and some timely shots to pull out the win. Watching game with fans of both teams and UofL fans talking smack all night ( until last 14 seconds of game!). what a fun night! Hope Willie is ok!
just heard Cal say that the injury to Willy wasn't good, so I say he wont play again this yr...
Word around the place tonight was that the WCS injury was an achilles...
not good.

Prayers from zaga on that one
I know I always hate on Cal...
but years like this one and the Brandon Knight year are two of his best years as a coach.

The talent didn't turn out to be as dominant as they were in the Wall/Cousins or Anthony Davis years, but by the end of the season the kids all buy into it and are playing ball as a team.
Loved the will power of the Cats tonight! It got to where it seemed there was no hope, but the Cats stepped up and played big!!!!
With Iowa State and Louisville losing, my bracket is done (finals matchup) so...

make it #9 UK
yall acting like the pussycats have won something. the only thing that they won is a spot in the elite 8. they still got to win 3 more games before they can win the title.
cj2561 Wrote:yall acting like the pussycats have won something. the only thing that they won is a spot in the elite 8. they still got to win 3 more games before they can win the title.

Unlike those vols fans every win for UK against UL is a big deal. Even for sweet when it happens in march maddness! :rockon:
Hey I step out side tonight and guess what I saw??? A wildcat having a cardinal for a midnight snack!!!
Tards lose almost as good as CATS WIN!
I'm very proud of UK after this game.
Thought Louisville had em for sure when they where up by 7 with a few to go.
Kentucky just didnt get rattled.
Now you don't see all of the Coach Cal haters on here saying that he can't coach. Old Ricky P got out coached tonight!
We didn't play well enough to win this game for 39:50
Wearing blue on ssunday Confusederiously:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We didn't play well enough to win this game for 39:50

more like 38min,lol,but what another 1:50
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We didn't play well enough to win this game for 39:50

:biglmao:

Is it torture for you watch UK sports? If it can't bring you joy then you cannot possibly be a fan.

You're worse than Dusty. I am friends some of the most negative UK "fans" out there but you, my friend, take the cake.
Spud6 Wrote:Loved the will power of the Cats tonight! It got to where it seemed there was no hope, but the Cats stepped up and played big!!!!

No way I can describe the atmosphere of this game adequately!!! Tonight, the fans were the 6th man, plain and simple. They REFUSED to lose, and they REFUSED to allow the Cats to give up on themselves. We were right in the middle of a bunch of red shirts, some nice some not so nice, BUT the UK fans did everything but swing from the rafters!!! LOL (They called the police when I tried to climb up there!!) The bunch I was with went to extremes to rally support for this team during this game. PHENOMENAL!!!

cj2561 Wrote:yall acting like the pussycats have won something. the only thing that they won is a spot in the elite 8. they still got to win 3 more games before they can win the title.

Maybe so, but I saw a lot of orange t-shirts walking out of the game last night NOT to come back to the Elite 8. We may lose Sunday, but at least UK has a SHOT at the title. Ole Smokey has gone home!!

cuppett777 Wrote:more like 38min,lol,but what another 1:50

Listen as much as I hate to agree with Gut, he's correct on this one. There is NO WHERE except for the ending score, that this was a 5 point game!! It was exhausting to watch. UL was physical and threw a ton of cheap shots, UK appeared to struggle to keep up, BUT keep up they did with the help of a most remarkable fan base. Good Lord, but those fans were loud, proud and passionate!!!! And we were smack in the middle of a "ring of red". LOL If you remember, UK didn't lead the entire game until late in the 4th and went ahead by 5 only with free throws that could have easily been missed. I'm very very proud of this team and extremely impressed with this fan base.

I ran into horrendous traffic before we reached Louisville. We had left at 1 in order to have plenty of time to make the Tennessee game. Well, 7 hours later, we finally made it. I'm not even going to address the stupid clueless drivers I had to deal with all day, but I will share one story just to give you the "feeling" of the day.

We were stopped dead in traffic, another fender bender!! AND, my grand children could use an app on their phone and tell me where the accident was, how many cars were involved, how far away we were and the degree of the clean up! I'm old, admit that freely, but confounded with this technology!
Anyway, we were sitting there and at least 70% of the vehicles had flags on them. Most were red, almost as many were blue and a few sprinkles of orange. Well, this one HUGE white dual rolls up with red flags and a great big red bird in the back. He starts blowing his horn, and the idiots from Louisville hit the pavement with cheers "CARDS"!! Vehicles emptied out, and the red was blinding!!! These crazies were out of their cars, dancing and screaming!! (I was so jealous!!)
Now, here's where it gets really good. I'm convinced the good Lord is a UK fan, and sent Micheal to help us out!!!
All of a sudden, you hear this VAROOOOOM VAROOOOOM and look around and here comes a huge truck, almost exactly like the white one, but it's black. I hate black vehicles; they're too high maintainence, BUT when you do shine them up, there's nothing prettier.. This big black baby had 4 UK flags on each corner of his bed. They were 6 x 10' and were UK blue.... So THEN the UK fans hit the pavement with....Ohhhhhh C.A.T.S. cats cats cats!!
It was great!!!

So, big thank you to my daughter for including me in the only NCAA tourney game I've ever seen. I will never ever forget it!!!!

Oh, and after the game the UK fans would gather at the entrance where the team would come through to get to the game, and cheer and cheer and cheer. A couple of the guys came back out and there was P-A-R-T-Y-I-N-G and dancing going down. The little fellers couldn't keep up with me of course, I was swinging to the Sixties!!!

Final note: I was up at 5 a.m. Friday morning, and we didn't get back to Lexington until 6:30 THIS morning. I'm home now, and gonna take a nap!!!
outdoorsman43 Wrote::biglmao:

Is it torture for you watch UK sports? If it can't bring you joy then you cannot possibly be a fan.

You're worse than Dusty. I am friends some of the most negative UK "fans" out there but you, my friend, take the cake.

Im sorry. I wish I cared.
Granny Bear Wrote:No way I can describe the atmosphere of this game adequately!!! Tonight, the fans were the 6th man, plain and simple. They REFUSED to lose, and they REFUSED to allow the Cats to give up on themselves. We were right in the middle of a bunch of red shirts, some nice some not so nice, BUT the UK fans did everything but swing from the rafters!!! LOL (They called the police when I tried to climb up there!!) The bunch I was with went to extremes to rally support for this team during this game. PHENOMENAL!!!

Maybe so, but I saw a lot of orange t-shirts walking out of the game last night NOT to come back to the Elite 8. We may lose Sunday, but at least UK has a SHOT at the title. Ole Smokey has gone home!!

Listen as much as I hate to agree with Gut, he's correct on this one. There is NO WHERE except for the ending score, that this was a 5 point game!! It was exhausting to watch. UL was physical and threw a ton of cheap shots, UK appeared to struggle to keep up, BUT keep up they did with the help of a most remarkable fan base. Good Lord, but those fans were loud, proud and passionate!!!! And we were smack in the middle of a "ring of red". LOL If you remember, UK didn't lead the entire game until late in the 4th and went ahead by 5 only with free throws that could have easily been missed. I'm very very proud of this team and extremely impressed with this fan base.

I ran into horrendous traffic before we reached Louisville. We had left at 1 in order to have plenty of time to make the Tennessee game. Well, 7 hours later, we finally made it. I'm not even going to address the stupid clueless drivers I had to deal with all day, but I will share one story just to give you the "feeling" of the day.

We were stopped dead in traffic, another fender bender!! AND, my grand children could use an app on their phone and tell me where the accident was, how many cars were involved, how far away we were and the degree of the clean up! I'm old, admit that freely, but confounded with this technology!
Anyway, we were sitting there and at least 70% of the vehicles had flags on them. Most were red, almost as many were blue and a few sprinkles of orange. Well, this one HUGE white dual rolls up with red flags and a great big red bird in the back. He starts blowing his horn, and the idiots from Louisville hit the pavement with cheers "CARDS"!! Vehicles emptied out, and the red was blinding!!! These crazies were out of their cars, dancing and screaming!! (I was so jealous!!)
Now, here's where it gets really good. I'm convinced the good Lord is a UK fan, and sent Micheal to help us out!!!
All of a sudden, you hear this VAROOOOOM VAROOOOOM and look around and here comes a huge truck, almost exactly like the white one, but it's black. I hate black vehicles; they're too high maintainence, BUT when you do shine them up, there's nothing prettier.. This big black baby had 4 UK flags on each corner of his bed. They were 6 x 10' and were UK blue.... So THEN the UK fans hit the pavement with....Ohhhhhh C.A.T.S. cats cats cats!!
It was great!!!

So, big thank you to my daughter for including me in the only NCAA tourney game I've ever seen. I will never ever forget it!!!!

Oh, and after the game the UK fans would gather at the entrance where the team would come through to get to the game, and cheer and cheer and cheer. A couple of the guys came back out and there was P-A-R-T-Y-I-N-G and dancing going down. The little fellers couldn't keep up with me of course, I was swinging to the Sixties!!!

Final note: I was up at 5 a.m. Friday morning, and we didn't get back to Lexington until 6:30 THIS morning. I'm home now, and gonna take a nap!!!

I honestly didn't feel like we were in the game until it was over. We were absolutely getting killed the entire game it felt like, and all of a sudden, the horn sounds, you look up, and we advance.
[Image: http://poop_on_ul.jpg]
Word is now there is no break or tear but a severe sprain ankle. According to Cal via twitter, he might play. Game time decision probably.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]