Harlan Lady Dragons
Appearances: 0
Record: N/A
Championships: 0

Leslie County Lady Eagles
Appearances: 1 (2014)
Record: 0-2
Championships: 0
Is their only 4 teams in the wymt classic on the girls side?
they put 4 in it last year. before that there was just 2 teams or 1 game for the girls.
I think wymt mt classic should have 8 girls team..just saying :Cheerlead
I agree with u 64sur their should be as many girls teams as boys. I beleive the crowd would be as good as long as they do there work and pick teams that sould be good
why only 4 teams ... this has got to be bigger
Beginning with the 2014-15 season there will be an 8-team girls Mountain Classic. The committee wanted four teams for one more year to allow the girls tournament to grow in popularity and interest before committing to a bigger field. My understanding is they are going to try to hold the girls tournament in December and make it kind of a 'tip-off' tournament.

I agree though...girls basketball is competitive enough in the Mountains to have a great 8-team tournament every year.

-Josh McKinney
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Beginning with the 2014-15 season there will be an 8-team girls Mountain Classic. The committee wanted four teams for one more year to allow the girls tournament to grow in popularity and interest before committing to a bigger field. My understanding is they are going to try to hold the girls tournament in December and make it kind of a 'tip-off' tournament.

I agree though...girls basketball is competitive enough in the Mountains to have a great 8-team tournament every year.

-Josh McKinney

Layin' the smack down:ChairHit:
This will be some good players and some good teams

WYMT needs to have the girls side have 8 teams instead of 4
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Beginning with the 2014-15 season there will be an 8-team girls Mountain Classic. The committee wanted four teams for one more year to allow the girls tournament to grow in popularity and interest before committing to a bigger field. My understanding is they are going to try to hold the girls tournament in December and make it kind of a 'tip-off' tournament.

-Josh McKinney

This is the 2014-15 season.