Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Changes in the Mountains.
The jobs that I have heard that will be coming open in the 15th are:
Allen Central (Coach Fired), South Floyd (Rumor), Betsy Layne (Coach retiring);

14th Region: Powell County (Coach fired).

This is the only openings that I have seen very early in the offseason. Anyone else heard of any opening or candidates for the openings?
I've heard rumors in the 13th region, but nothing is open.
I was just told that the South Floyd job is actually not open, but could be eventually. Also a lot of rumors around Powell in the 14th.
Candidates for Betsy Layne look to be inside. Gary Keathley, Derrick Newesome, and Brandon Kidd were all assistants for Junior Newesome at Betsy Layne.
CoffeeBlack Wrote:The jobs that I have heard that will be coming open in the 15th are:

This is the only openings that I have seen very early in the offseason. Anyone else heard of any opening or candidates for the openings?

So Coach Hall wins the District at Powell Co.... then they fire him?
No idea why Coach Hall was fired there. I watched their regional tournament game and it didn't look like they had much talent. It was impressive to win a district title with the group that he had.
CoffeeBlack Wrote:The jobs that I have heard that will be coming open in the 15th are:

Allen Central coaching job IS NOT OPEN. Brad Short is still the head coach. South Floyd's Justin Holbrook is also STILL the head coach.

Let's please check sources and such before we start running people down.
Like I said JJ those were just rumors that I heard at the state tournament, with the Powell County one being true. Someone just said that the Allen Central job may come open in the offseason. Which is obviously not true, so I apologize for running anyone down lol.
Brad Short is not going anywhere anytime soon. He and Principal Begley are tight. He is going to continue to struggle but it has nothing to do with coaching. Just a lack of talent and a feeder program.
CoffeeBlack Wrote:I was just told that the South Floyd job is actually not open, but could be eventually. Also a lot of rumors around Powell in the 14th.
Candidates for Betsy Layne look to be inside. Gary Keathley, Derrick Newesome, and Brandon Kidd were all assistants for Junior Newesome at Betsy Layne.

Did not know that Coach Newsome had retired. When was this announced? To my knowledge none of the players have been notified yet.
The Pikeville Job.
eky basketball fan Wrote:Did not know that Coach Newsome had retired. When was this announced? To my knowledge none of the players have been notified yet.

It hasn't been announced by himself to the general public. He has told people here and there and now I guess it has got around through the grapevine.
Jr Newsome, retires every year with that said, he comes back next year even though people thinks he is retiring.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:So Coach Hall wins the District at Powell Co.... then they fire him?

Let's go a step further with this. He was a buzzer beater away from being a 3-Peat Champion of the 56 District Tournament. Word is they were not happy with how they have done in the region since he has been here. They made it to the semi-finals the year before last but lost in the first round the other 5 years. Here is a wake up call, Powell hasn't been past the semi finals of the regions but twice in over 40 years! So that isn't really a valid reason to send a coach packing.
ArJay Wrote:I've heard rumors in the 13th region, but nothing is open.

And those rumors would be?
Perry should go after Josh Cook. A young coach who would be around for a while:Thumbs:
Is Perry looking to get rid of their guy now? If so, why would anyone want to go near that job, 3 coaches in 3 years? If given the opportunity to build their program a coach would be a fool not to go there but it doesn't seem like patience is a virtue at PCC.
Puzzles me that Perry first let go of Hatcher, one of the best coaches I've ever known and coached against, then Spurlock, solid coach I guess with a bad rep, and now possibly Hoskins? Hoskins isn't the greatest coach but why go for a 4th coach in 4 years?
I don't think Perry is open, I think it's a rumor that someone got started.
MidnightRider Wrote:Puzzles me that Perry first let go of Hatcher, one of the best coaches I've ever known and coached against, then Spurlock, solid coach I guess with a bad rep, and now possibly Hoskins? Hoskins isn't the greatest coach but why go for a 4th coach in 4 years?

Just for the record perry didn't let go of hatcher he left to be closer to his family and I think the only way they would get another coach this year is if he had a really good son