Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana University declines an invitation to compete in the C.B.I.
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketbal...r-the-cbi/

After an epic 17-15 season.... Indiana will not participate in a postseason tournament because Indiana isn’t one of the 100 teams that received an invitation to the NCAA or NIT tournaments. One hundred teams, people.

The Hoosiers did, however, receive a bid to play in the College Basketball Invitational, a gathering of 16 teams that aren’t very good, but IU declined the CBI invite because Indiana is above that, apparently.

“We’re Indiana,” Hoosier A.D. Fred Glass said Monday. “We don’t play in the CBI.”
I don't get it. They had no shame when they cut down nets for a regular season conference title, storming the court, making rings for a sweet 16 appearance, writing books about how they were "back", and putting the Kentucky win on a popcorn box....But all of the sudden they are too good for the CBI.

Couldn't have happened to a worst fan base.
alfus21 Wrote:I don't get it. They had no shame when they cut down nets for a regular season conference title, storming the court, making rings for a sweet 16 appearance, writing books about how they were "back", and putting the Kentucky win on a popcorn box....But all of the sudden they are too good for the CBI.

Couldn't have happened to a worst fan base.
You should have heard Matt Jones and the entire Kentucky Sports Radio crew yesterday when this came out..... those guys are so funny.

They were "roasting" the whole IU program..... it was great.
Some money is better than no money. Had to be boosters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
This is the different in IU and UK,

2 years ago when they thought they were as good as us and even said so, im sure they didn't realize the difference in consistency.
Tom Creans forehead declined again.
If you storm the floor against Wisconsin I would thing you would take any invitation given.
This is dumb and not fair to the players.
I don't trust words, I trust action...