Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best high school teams in the 15th
schs will start practicing in a couple of weeks. I think that daniel harless will do pretty well this year but i don't think he will start for sure. they lost a few players this year like b-may, they also lost spud to central. but in the long run i think are cards will do great this season.
Paintsville should be the favorite, but that doesn't mean they will win it.
Paintsville is the favorite every year and never get out of the first round of region
Pburg
yankeefan Wrote:schs will start practicing in a couple of weeks. I think that daniel harless will do pretty well this year but i don't think he will start for sure. they lost a few players this year like b-may, they also lost spud to central. but in the long run i think are cards will do great this season.

Not a chance SCHS lost all the players now if they start Brady Horn and Daniel harless up front then yea im goin say they mite when 8 games. The teams to watch is Johnson Central with the addition of Jaryd Crum with meeks and MCcarty this team is a Dominant Force and Ill be in there pep section alot this season
Boomer86 Wrote:Paintsville is the favorite every year and never get out of the first round of region
I AGREE!!!!
it will either be johnson central or paintsville
Yeah it's probably coming out of the 57th this year...my prediction the Eagles of JC...Spud will be a FANTASTIC compliment to McCarty...With Paintville in the mix too...The Crum, Bundy match up will be something to look forward to this season
You guys sound like a broken record...every year it's Paintsville or JC...I guess the rest of the region should go ahead and throw in the towel..I think some other teams will have a shot as well...Shelby Valley, Belfry, possibly Pikeville.
Hoops Lover Wrote:You guys sound like a broken record...every year it's Paintsville or JC...I guess the rest of the region should go ahead and throw in the towel..I think some other teams will have a shot as well...Shelby Valley, Belfry, possibly Pikeville.
No, for years it was Valley...but the Johnson County has some serious talent this year...it could go to one of those Pike squads..but people are just stating their opinions
I think it will be a lot like last year with it being a toss up between 4 or 5 teams.
My personal opinion is that there isnt a clear cut favorite this year to win the region. I belive the winner will have the best draw in the regional tourney. Then it is going to come down to who plays the best on the night they play. It wont be the team that is playing the best that wins this year, but more like the team that plays as a team and has the fewest mistakes that will come out on top. One mistake could cost a team the championship this year.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
id like to see pikeville get back into the mix of things again.
the honaker twins are athletic and good ball players, matt clevinger is as good a shooter as youll find in the region, jacob sword is a true point man that plays excellent defense, devon adams is well 6'8" and progressing nicely. also look for robert boyd and mitch jackson to add some height down low at 6'4" and 6'3". daniel harmon is also in the mix with his outstanding athletic ability. jordan bell is another guard who is quick to the basket and can score, watson ritchie is a good scoring threat from the guard spot with decent size. add into the mix jordan price who is an all around ball handler/ scorer/rebounder, and youve got a deep team with a great coach, who imo could make it to state.
I would give the pre season edge to JC. P'ville and Shelby Valley are probably next in line. P'burg could surprise. Pikeville will be good come tournament time. All in all probably pretty balanced.
Hoops Lover Wrote:You guys sound like a broken record...every year it's Paintsville or JC...I guess the rest of the region should go ahead and throw in the towel..I think some other teams will have a shot as well...Shelby Valley, Belfry, possibly Pikeville.

Well stating which team has the best talent in a given year is not stating which will win it. So it may sound like a broken record, but Johnson County has had the best talent the last couple of years. But that doesn't always mean that the best win, so no one is saying for everyone to throw in the towel. One example, Paintsville blows out JC on their home floor and Paintsville wins the Hoops Classic (when they played excellent team ball), then Paintsville loses the All A and the Region. As usual, favorites mean very little. It is the team that plays the best on a given night that will go to state and a lot of 15th region teams have a legit shot.
I say Valley will be at the top of the region, or number 2. They return Jacob Bryant, Jeremy Jackson, Elijah Justice, Logan Bryant and Jonah Justice, who all got big minutes last year. That also add Taylor Newsome and Ashley Hatfield. They will be a top contender, and I heard Kyle Goodson is getting back into basketball, if anybody knows him, he is a pretty good ball player.
i think that pikeville will have a great season this year!but i believe that jc will repeat as regional champs
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I say Valley will be at the top of the region, or number 2. They return Jacob Bryant, Jeremy Jackson, Elijah Justice, Logan Bryant and Jonah Justice, who all got big minutes last year. That also add Taylor Newsome and Ashley Hatfield. They will be a top contender, and I heard Kyle Goodson is getting back into basketball, if anybody knows him, he is a pretty good ball player.

Gaw, I hope so, He was really good Freshman year and still is, Shelby Valley will be 1 or 2 this year in the REgion
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:i think that pikeville will have a great season this year!but i believe that jc will repeat as regional champs
I doubt it very seriously. They have too much pressure because of those who said last year was a fluke.
Boomer86 Wrote:Paintsville is the favorite every year and never get out of the first round of region

2 years ago they took the regional champion into double OT before losing, they were not the favorite to win it all that year. Last year, I agree they were the favorites but couldn't get the job done. Where is all this "every year" talk coming from? Last year was the only year since '98 they were the clear cut favorite. Plus, I think Paintsville's history speaks for itself.
thisisinsane Wrote:I doubt it very seriously. They have too much pressure because of those who said last year was a fluke.

Let there be no mistake, JC had a lot of talent last year, but all the pieces did fall in place at the right time.
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:i think that pikeville will have a great season this year!but i believe that jc will repeat as regional champs

Gotta agree with you here!
Boomer86 Wrote:Gotta agree with you here!

I agree Crum and McCarty are good ball players. BUT, When you take guys like Rice and Fannin out from under the boards for JC. It will be hard. JC leaned on them boys all year. I know there was another kid that played down low with them also but I can't think of his name.
Like I said Crum is good and yes I know he plays PG. BUT, replacing Rice with Crum? You already had good quality PGs on the bench. So IMO, will help some, but not much.
Paintsville needs a coaching change!!!!!
ur crazy, runyon is a mastermind
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I say Valley will be at the top of the region, or number 2. They return Jacob Bryant, Jeremy Jackson, Elijah Justice, Logan Bryant and Jonah Justice, who all got big minutes last year. That also add Taylor Newsome and Ashley Hatfield. They will be a top contender, and I heard Kyle Goodson is getting back into basketball, if anybody knows him, he is a pretty good ball player.

I look for Valley to come ion the top spot this year. With Taylor and Ashley getting some big min. And my cousin is good friends with Kyle and from what he has said Kyle is playing this year.