Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 48 Phelps 20
great game all around
f
The Prowler Wrote:f

what the heck is that for?? or better yet... what does that mean??
this game just go to show you an thing can happen day to day. you could be the best team in the state and get beat by the worst if the time is right thats why they play games, if every one knew the outcome befor they played whats the point in playing. gongrats to pikeville, but BIG props to Phelps for making it a good game!
Congrats to pikeville, but good job phelps keep it up
Panthers pull away from Hornets

BY JERRY BOGGS

SPORTS EDITOR

Pikeville isn’t used to getting pushed around by Phelps, but that was the case for much of the night Friday. Pikeville’s speed was too much for the Hornets to handle, however as the Panthers pulled away late for a 48-20 victory.

Despite the lop-sided score, Pikeville coach Mike Jackson didn’t mince words when talking about Phelps’ domination of the line of scrimmage.

“They had a great game plan,” said Jackson. “Give credit to Chris Hagerman and his staff there at Phelps and to their players. They don’t have many, but you saw a team that really has a lot of heart and wanted the game a lot more than we did.

“No excuses, we had our players ready to play, but Phelps just came out, laid their ears back and let our boys have it. They just whipped us. They lined up and whipped us.”

THANKS COACH!
yes it was a great game on both sides of the ball...pikeville and phelps played their hearts out and the fans loved every play..and" running out of gas "as someone else said is what happened. we have at least nine players that never get a rest for playing offense and defense ...so to me that shows their true love for football!!!!
I read a few of the comments on here before and after the game ..."whew" LOL. and why does the city vs. county always come into play?? i remember the deal with valley and pikeville awhile back i call that TEAM PRIDE for all the area schools -- agree??? and alot of the team pride is worn on the parents sleeves as well as the players..and emotions and trash talk can hurt pride all around.and there are some parents that don't take it into consideration that it's another parents' child they are trashing. UNTIL it's said about theirs!!!
nuff said..............................

great game panthers---great game phelps ....!!!

GO HORNETS!!!!!