Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 83 Middlesborro 32
Final from The Arena.
Wow, not surprised that CC won, but I would've never thought they would've beaten Middlesboro by this many!

Congratulations Tigers
Ouch
Yea, I wasn't going to post this. Haha The Tigers are good but Wow. Keep the momentum going.
I said Middlesboro was done. District Championship game you could tell they were finished. No suprise here.
And people were saying Clay Co weakness was defense. 32 points, pretty impressive!
A complete embarrassment for the 52nd district! Pretty sad to think that bunch beat Harlan County in the first round of the district.....
They play a football game tonight? :-)
Boys Clay county looked awful good tonight. When they pass the ball and are not selfish this team can play with anybody. They could have won by 100 if they wanted too. JV played most of 2nd half.TongueirateSho
I heard it was 43-8 at one point in game?
Have not followed Middlesboro much, went back and looked at their scores and they have been beat by 40 plus 5 times this year. Did not realize that had happened. Clay / Jackson is my pick for a final now.
Clay is horrible matchup for them. Smiths length completely shuts down forister. And Poindexter is an athlete not a basketball player. Clay too big, too long, too talented for them.
WhyLie Wrote:I said Middlesboro was done. District Championship game you could tell they were finished. No suprise here.

U were right there were stretches when Poindexter wouldn't even cross half court. But CC looked like they could play with anyone in the state early.
Like I said, if Foister or Poindexter does not go off, then Middlesboro is below average. Sounds like they tried to get in a running game with Clay Co. and had no place to run.
Didn't expect a whippin of this magnitude.
Wow total beat down.
Congratulations clay county.....you're time is running out...:mop: Williamsburg has the ( It Factor ). Confusednicker:
Congrats CC
Nice 1st round win for the Tigers in the Arena!
Go Clay-
If Clay relaxes for just one second because of this win they're gonna have a game on their hands Saturday.
clay by 15+ Saturday
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:A complete embarrassment for the 52nd district! Pretty sad to think that bunch beat Harlan County in the first round of the district.....

I kept thinking the same thing, especially with Les Dixon reminding me on press row. Four of Middlesboro's 10 wins were against Harlan County and Harlan. Middlesboro really played pretty well in all four of those games, but Clay was bigger and more athletic and Middlesboro packed it in by the second quarter. They looked the same way against Knott in the WYMT tourney.
Looking forward to the game Saturday night. Knox made some mistakes, but Williamsburg won the game.
The remaining wins came from, OBI, Redbird, and Lynn Camp.
Is what I can't understand is how Middlesboro nearly beat Jackson Co in I believe the All a finals. The game was 93-89 or something like that. Me, UKCC, Arrow, Count could have beaten Boro 4 on 5. It was pretty sad to watch this game, if the starters would have remained in, which there wasn't no point, it would have been probably a 90 point margin of victory. One last thing, if the refs call the same way as they did both games last night, that is a huge advantage for Clay. Allowing Chip, Wolfe, House and Smith to actually defend and not calling ticky tack fouls is something that benefits Clay big time. The refs let the boys play and that benefits Clay big time.
WhyLie Wrote:The remaining wins came from, OBI, Redbird, and Lynn Camp.

And Eminence, I think.
Middlesboro loses five of its top seven, so they will get a chance to start over with a new group basically.
Those seniors won quite a few big games, including Harlan and Bell County two years ago and Bell County and Corbin (in the regional) last year, and they were within one of Clay in the fourth quarter in last year's semifinals.
Basketballs a funny game ain't it Bubba. Like how Jackson beat Clay by 16. Or how out of all 3 games combined by two Jackson is up 7 on the point spread but lost 2 of the 3 games. Never know what's gonna happen with these kids.
Gamecast Wrote:Basketballs a funny game ain't it Bubba. Like how Jackson beat Clay by 16. Or how out of all 3 games combined by two Jackson is up 7 on the point spread but lost 2 of the 3 games. Never know what's gonna happen with these kids.

Loss is a loss, no such thing as moral victories.:eyeroll: