Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Games Postponed/Changes
The Girls 14th Region Tournament games scheduled for tonight at Leslie County with Powell County vs. Jackson City and Letcher County Central vs. Leslie County have been postponed and will be played tomorrow(Tuesday). The Powell County vs. Jackson City game will be at 2:00pm and the Letcher County Central vs. Leslie County game will be played at 4:00pm. The 2 games featuring the other 4 teams already scheduled for tomorrow night at 6:30 and 8:15 will be played as scheduled.
Headscratcher of a decision as Leslie (the host school) will be losing a lot of money but whatevs.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Headscratcher of a decision as Leslie (the host school) will be losing a lot of money but whatevs.

After the first two games, the gym will be cleared and those who want to watch the night games will pay to re-enter.
We Bleed Blue Wrote:After the first two games, the gym will be cleared and those who want to watch the night games will pay to re-enter.

That's all fine and dandy but if you think there will be as strong a crowd at 2 & 4pm on a weekday with the current weather conditions, then you are kidding yourself. Money will be lost at the gate & concession. Not sure why they didn't spread the games out like the rest of the state.
I have no idea, was passing on the information that had been provided.
Maybe they were more concerned about the players than the almighty dollar. That getting back on schedule as close as possible gives the winner more time to prepare for the Sweet Sixteen.
I was going to go to the tonight games, but by the roads. I was going to stay home. but now I can go watch the other games. I will not miss the PCC game, my niece play for that team. she is the 8th grader that play for PCC. because of that I have miss a lot of good games this year.