Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama v. (25) Kentucky 3/4/14
Mix1 Wrote:Cal hasn't ran the true DD since Memphis. This in my opinion is about 30% of the DD. Mainly one on one,, pass around until you get a mismatch then attack. That's not the true DD. In other words,, an AAU type offense.

I can tell you direct from the inside - Cals practice is the Dribble Drive!

As for Cal, he has never said he coaches any variation of the Dribble Drive. He coaches one variation and it is what he has used since UMass!
Cal and the Dribble Drive

http://www.coachcal.com/about-cal/history-with-ddmo/
He may "practice" it,, but its not what they run in live game action. Go back n watch the last 2 years at Memphis. That's the true DD.. The most Cal has run the DD was Walls year,, and the championship year. The last 2 years,, I have no idea the sets,, but it isn't the DD.
^ LOL, I think that is what everyone is saying - it's not the dribble drive, but it is what he is trying to teach. So, it must be dumb players, or a dumb coach that won't change what he is teaching to fit his personnel.
It takes a Rose,, a Wall to run the true DD. I never said it wasn't Cals fault. He's getting players that aren't capable of running it. Then gets mad,, coz they're not capable of running it. You don't need a true center to run it properly. In 5 years he's had 2 centers capable of running it. Davis and Willie. And with Willie,, he's not had a pg capable of doing it. Cal has an ego,, won't try to run an offense to fit the players he has. This year its all one on one type offense. They try to pass around to get a mismatch. They problem? This is one of the worst passing teams I've ever witnessed. None has the ability to set a teammate up for a mismatch.
Mix1 Wrote:Cal hasn't ran the true DD since Memphis. This in my opinion is about 30% of the DD. Mainly one on one,, pass around until you get a mismatch then attack. That's not the true DD. In other words,, an AAU type offense.

Cal has ran a High Post Offense some this season VS the zone but the largest percentage of time he has ran the Dribble Drive. I don't think a system change would help much anyway. IMO Cal's hands are tied with this bunch. Coach Rupp was the greatest X and O coach whoever lived and there is nothing he could do for this bunch because they simply can't shoot or pass. Rupp could get slow players who couldn't jump open shots but he would never waste his time getting shots for someone who couldn't make them. IMO the best option for this group is to force it inside to Johnson, WCS and Randle and hope for the best.
Duke lost to Wake Forrest. Fire Coach K.
Stardust Wrote:^ You do know that College and Pro's are two entirely different games. James Young is definitely an NBA player, and his game is better suited at that level than the controlled college system level. As for Randle, even Ray Charles can see that he will be an NBA "Can't Miss". His body, his ability to fight through double teams (which he will not see in the NBA).

It is so naive to not give these tremendous athletes the credit they deserve. The Harrison's and Young are drivers and slashers. They never get the chance to drive and slash in college because of packed in zone defenses. In the pro's, there games will blossom. I remember fans saying the EXACT same things about Bledsoe, Knight and Teague, that they better stay because they are not NBA players. Those fans were WRONG!

You are right Young will definitely get drafted after the season. IMO he is the most overrated player of this recruiting class. He can't use his right hand very well and seldom drives that way, his passing is terrible, and IMO he will never be more than a average shooter. The problem with his shot is poor fundamentals! IMO he appears to sling the shot up and his feet are seldom square to the basket. One of the knocks on John Wall was his shooting but even as a freshmen at UK he could finish with either hand. Young is not even close to a John Wall is skill or speed. It is weird how people making these draft selections think, there is no way in my mind that Young is not close to the player that D. Miller was coming out, Miller was better athlete, better shooter a Inch taller and a much better defender but Young will be drafted higher because of ??????. I have no idea why but mark my words. It just goes to show you that some of these NBA people making MILLIONS of $$$$$$ have no clue what they are doing.
FBALL Wrote:Duke lost to Wake Forrest. Fire Coach K.

Gawd forbid that fans call say anything negative about their teams coaches. Oh the same of it......

[Image: http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012...=499&h=568]