Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 62 Williamsburg 58 (2 OT)
:Sad04: only wish RunItUpTheGut would have may a bet......Corbin fans need to take up a collection for these hand pic :ref2: :closed:
64, when is the draw for the 13th?
Ref's calls a technical foul before the game gets started against williamsburg for dunkin :truestory:
Draw is Sunday afternoon
you know you are screwed when you get T'd Up before the game, because of a dunk REALLY, the MVP of the tournament was D. Wilson the ref. This is the first time I have seen this called all season and he has called a lot of Williamsburg games. Williamsburg coach was confined to the bench the whole game because of this, 1 more t and he would be gone. congratulations to the Corbin kids they played hard for the win. Hats off to the JACKETS now lets get ready for the region. WILLIAMSBURG FANS ROCKED THE HOUSE GREAT CROWD AND FAN SUPPORT:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
1-3-1-press Wrote:64, when is the draw for the 13th?

I have no clue 1-3-1 thanks for asking maybe RunItUpTheGut can tell us.after he get that red paint off his face. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote::Sad04: only wish RunItUpTheGut would have may a bet......Corbin fans need to take up a collection for these hand pic :ref2: :closed:
Anything for a win.....No Shame....I've watched this 2 nights in a row.......funny how they always manage to pull the games out at HOME.....isn't it???? How many more years is KHSAA going to let this crap go on??? WAKE UP KHSAA!!!! This is really getting OLD!!!!!:moon:
64SUR Wrote:Ref's calls a technical foul before the game gets started against williamsburg for dunkin :truestory:
Only at CORBIN......and not against CORBIN!!!!! They can't win it without help!!! :popcorn::lame:
Was officials present during warm ups when the kid dunked? Every Coach, Player and Manager knows that is the rule and has been for a very longtime. Heck most casual fans know that.

Typically you have a coach or player watching for refs to come out during pre-game. You don't see it called b/c nobody does it in presence of the officials!! When they do it is a T no matter who is officiating. If you want to blame anyone blame the Coach.

Sounds like a heck of a game. It will be a fun region tourney.
Great game. Both Teams left it on the floor. Congrats to Hounds.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Only at CORBIN......and not against CORBIN!!!!! They can't win it without help!!! :popcorn::lame:

If he did it, it's a technical. Pretty simple.
cherokee Wrote:you know you are screwed when you get T'd Up before the game, because of a dunk REALLY, the MVP of the tournament was D. Wilson the ref. This is the first time I have seen this called all season and he has called a lot of Williamsburg games. Williamsburg coach was confined to the bench the whole game because of this, 1 more t and he would be gone. congratulations to the Corbin kids they played hard for the win. Hats off to the JACKETS now lets get ready for the region. WILLIAMSBURG FANS ROCKED THE HOUSE GREAT CROWD AND FAN SUPPORT:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I think the officials should have turned their head and not called a T in this case, even though the players should know that once the officials come out to the court that dunking is not allowed.

I believe that if Williamsburg would drive to the basketball more, they could beat anyone in the 13th region, they have good size and quickness, but they shoot way too many 3's for my tastes.

Good luck to both teams in the region.
TopCat Wrote:Was officials present during warm ups when the kid dunked? Every Coach, Player and Manager knows that is the rule and has been for a very longtime. Heck most casual fans know that.

Typically you have a coach or player watching for refs to come out during pre-game. You don't see it called b/c nobody does it in presence of the officials!! When they do it is a T no matter who is officiating. If you want to blame anyone blame the Coach.

Sounds like a heck of a game. It will be a fun region tourney.

I've seen over 200 games the last 4 years and there has been dunking in all pregame warm-ups. No T's. Amazing...Sorry 1 T Smile
Ill say one thing, this has been a fun year in the 50th district.
Even though Whitley didn't get a chance to win district, I am so happy this district has finally leveled out and there some parity.

It makes the year a lot more fun that watching one or two teams kill everybody.

Good luck to both teams in the region. I hope we see a rematch of this one in the championship.
I may get my wish Williamsburg and clay county in the first round. :why:
It is a rule. It has to be called. Assistant coaches are there for a reason. Sounds like it was a great game.
alfus21 Wrote:If he did it, it's a technical. Pretty simple.

I didn't see the dunk...But I will say this ref's would be T-ing teams all year.And not just tournament... just saying. :Sad04:
Congrats Corbin!
Before the officials come out, usually around 15 min you can dunk till your fingers bleed!!! Once officials come out it is over!
Williamsburg is one of the best teams in the 13th region their athletes are probably the best I would say about even with the2-3-4 teams. They will get another chance in the 13th . If they will stop walking the ball down the court keep Andrew around the goal drive, drive, run run run. They are as good as anybody, if they don't it is one and done. JMO
Corbin wins a squeaker
This was a good game 2 (ot) Awesome got my money worth 64SUR. :Sad04:
Hey 64sur maybe the T to start the games was to help Tony P clear his throat.
Sounds like a great game but sometimes the refs need to understand that no one is there to see them. :lame:
Williamsburg is very talented, but will not and can not guard a wall. Had chances last night to take several charges and moved out of the way!
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Anything for a win.....No Shame....I've watched this 2 nights in a row.......funny how they always manage to pull the games out at HOME.....isn't it???? How many more years is KHSAA going to let this crap go on??? WAKE UP KHSAA!!!! This is really getting OLD!!!!!:moon:

The Whizzard continues to make an ass out of himself. Grow up!! Actually call the KHSAA yourself and file a complaint. Heck, never mind you probably think Corbin is paying them also. Your envy for Corbin is childish. Actually half of Corbin' losses have been at home this year so get your facts straight. Bell Co, Jackson Co, S Laurel, Knox Christian, Knox Central are all home losses. Just shows how stupid your statements are. Corbin boys and girls are District Camps again and again you are whining. Too funny!!:biglmao:
13th region refs suck but they are equal opportunity. Does anybody really think the KHSAA goes out of their way to protect Corbin?
Count Wrote:Hey 64sur maybe the T to start the games was to help Tony P clear his throat.
Sounds like a great game but sometimes the refs need to understand that no one is there to see them. :lame:

If the T was giving on pregame dunk it is in the hands of the coaches not the officials. It sounds like they had 2 OT's to get over that hump.
You can dunk all u want UNTIL the referees enter the court then it's a T if they see it.

Not the refs fault this is a metal lapse by a player or worst a mistake by a coach if he didn't tell the players the rule or know the rule himself.

I played on a team that had 7 kids that could dunk 4 of them could really throw it down and 2 could windmill and do whatever they want which is rare for a bunch of white boys from the mountains, our coach made a rule.. You could dunk ur first 2 lay ups attempts in warm ups then u was done.. I thought it was great we never got a T and didn't wear ourselves out.
E's Army Wrote:13th region refs suck but they are equal opportunity. Does anybody really think the KHSAA goes out of their way to protect Corbin?

Sadly, there are a lot of people who honestly believe it.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Sadly, there are a lot of people who honestly believe it.

I by no means think the KHSAA has anything to do with it. I do know for a fact. Officials in the area love to call the Cumberland Falls because it is good $$ right after Christmas and there is no travel. If you are not in good graces with Corbin then you will not call in the tournament.