Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 66 Magoffin County 64 57th District Championship
The Lady Eagles with the come back of the year to win the 57th district in Darrin Rice's first season as coach.
I am glad they got beat
Congrats JC
A tough loss just quit playing ,but they will be fine. Everything went bad for Magoffin when Jazzy fouled out.
basketball101 Wrote:A tough loss just quit playing ,but they will be fine. Everything went bad for Magoffin when Jazzy fouled out.

Maybe if MC would have played some of them subs Tuesday, they wouldn't have been rattled tonight.
I knew Coach Rice would do great things at JC. Just didn't expect it so quickly. Bright future for JC with only one senior. GO EAGLES!!! Coach Rice dynasty begins NOW!
Wow what a comeback Johnson Central....Great job TOMCAT I kept looking at your Updates here in London Kentucky. :Cheerlead
Hope the coach from MC still has those big shoulders. The way he did SC he deserves what he got tonight but not the MC players.
Darrin Rice didn't win this game for JC, Scott Castle did. Sad job of coaching by castle.
BUNDY Wrote:Darrin Rice didn't win this game for JC, Scott Castle did. Sad job of coaching by castle.

I will challenge this comment. Coach Rice did as much to win if not more than Coach Castle did to lose. It was the Hornet players that fouled, committed turnovers and missed the free throws. On the other hand, Coach Rice developed a bench and used it. He played multiple players subbing up to 3 at a time. Using one group to press and then subbing for offense. Numerous times he took out Spurlock, Daniel, Hall or Delong in a combination of 3 of the 4 and still made the run. Most importantly as a Central fan, our coach would not take the opportunity humiliate another team like what I seen Magoffin County do to Sheldon Clark in the previous round. Darrin is more of a class act than that.
64SUR Wrote:Wow what a comeback Johnson Central....Great job TOMCAT I kept looking at your Updates here in London Kentucky. :Cheerlead

I meant THOMCAT. Sorryyyyyyy. :Cheerlead
MC girls coach for sure has no class! The last two games that the boys played them I doubt the boys coach does either. One runs up the score and stats and the other lets his players body slam the other teams player.
64SUR Wrote:I meant THOMCAT. Sorryyyyyyy. :Cheerlead

Thanks, I did OK till the game got close and I became a spectator and bleacher coach. First time trying this.
Magoffin lead by 15+ nearly the entire game and lost it at the end. Castle missed 6 straight free throws, then Reed (i think) missed two more.

Like someone else said, when Howard went out the game changed completely. She is something else, JC would trap when she came across half court and she would just blow by them. Impressive girl to watch.

Congrats JC and good luck to both teams in the region.
Creeker Wrote:Magoffin lead by 15+ nearly the entire game and lost it at the end. Castle missed 6 straight free throws, then Reed (i think) missed two more.

Like someone else said, when Howard went out the game changed completely. She is something else, JC would trap when she came across half court and she would just blow by them. Impressive girl to watch.

Congrats JC and good luck to both teams in the region.
Actually Castle missed 4 straight free throws, not 6 and it was L. Howard who missed the other 2. However, the 2 out of bounds passes that MC had that were turnovers was an even bigger factor in the outcome of the game. Castle was also triple teamed and fouled with no call. Several factors at the end of this game including the crowd and nerves attributed to MCs loss. One person doesn't win a game. It takes a team. The team just got down.
Johnson Central be careful you may have to play Magoffin again.
basketball101 Wrote:Johnson Central be careful you may have to play Magoffin again.

They will have to get through Pikeville or SV first
BUNDY Wrote:Darrin Rice didn't win this game for JC, Scott Castle did. Sad job of coaching by castle.

Not sure on this.. When Howard went out they crumbled... Needed better senior leadership.. Freethrows cost mc this game... Not coach.
Way too much blame being put on MC players and coach. Fact is MC should have won but didn't. But they live to play again. The Magoffin fans need to forget about this game and get behind their girls in the region. If you keep beating down the players and coach it's going to be hard for them to be ready for this week. You know that they read this stuff on here. How do you think it makes them feel? Remember they're kids.
Sportsrlife Wrote:Way too much blame being put on MC players and coach. Fact is MC should have won but didn't. But they live to play again. The Magoffin fans need to forget about this game and get behind their girls in the region. If you keep beating down the players and coach it's going to be hard for them to be ready for this week. You know that they read this stuff on here. How do you think it makes them feel? Remember they're kids.
Very good point, and these two teams should meet again in the regional tournament.
scooter Wrote:Actually Castle missed 4 straight free throws, not 6 and it was L. Howard who missed the other 2. However, the 2 out of bounds passes that MC had that were turnovers was an even bigger factor in the outcome of the game. Castle was also triple teamed and fouled with no call. Several factors at the end of this game including the crowd and nerves attributed to MCs loss. One person doesn't win a game. It takes a team. The team just got down.
My bad, I thought I counted 6 and I wasn't sure of the other girls name.
I believe MC is still the team to beat in the region. The district loss could be a blessing that brings this team closer together.
Sportsrlife Wrote:Way too much blame being put on MC players and coach. Fact is MC should have won but didn't. But they live to play again. The Magoffin fans need to forget about this game and get behind their girls in the region. If you keep beating down the players and coach it's going to be hard for them to be ready for this week. You know that they read this stuff on here. How do you think it makes them feel? Remember they're kids.

Sportsrlife-I wasn't blaming them just stating the facts. when you miss that many freethrows it hurts... Those girls are awesome players but JCentral just out hustled them.. But in games like that one, you need leadership to get the Win... I do think these two teams will meet again.good luck to both teams at region.
Tough loss for MC, they just havent had that fire power ever since the coaching change last year. Congrats Darren Rice and JC on the win.
Magoffin is fine Coach Castle has done a good job . They are still the team to beat in my book.