Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 69 Buckhorn 56
Final
Good win perry Central. :Cheerlead
Let's hear some details from this one?
Free throw perry made a bunch TongueirateSho
Good for the commodores. They seem to struggle at the line as of late
Seemed like Perry County Central sort of jumped out early and maintained that 10 to 14 point lead.

Thanks for the updates 64SUR!!!
Any stats for Buckhorn
Good job and thanks for the updates 64sur
:betterthanexpected:
Count Wrote:Any stats for Buckhorn
Good job and thanks for the updates 64sur
:betterthanexpected:

I think beverly had 28pts and Johnson maybe 24pts.I'm close just not sure ( sorry ) :eyeroll:
They didn't maintain that lead for the entire game. Horn cut it to five in the third and was only down six heading into the fourth. However, getting in a hole early, turnovers and just not a good shooting night doomed Buckhorn. Perry shot lights out too, best I've seen them from the line all year. The win definitely did not come easy though, Buckhorn battles for 32 minutes, shots just didn't fall and Perry's did. One has to be proud of John Noble's Cats. Only his third 20 win team, they are all back next year, and they are all "homegrown", no brought-in transfers from out of state/out-of-region or a team built in one year. Big things are ahead for them and you can't help but root for local kids competing with the so-called region heavyweights!!!
Did Groves grow up in Buckhorn?
A transfer is a transfer whether they come from owsley county or canada or New York or Texas.
Buckhorn got a lot of questionable calls that kept them in the game. However, buckhorn did play hard
Grove is the only one not from Perry Co., but he wasn't recruited to BHS. They didn't bring him in from Philly or hire a coach to get him (only to fire him a year later). Besides, it isn't like Grove is the difference in the team anyway such as Perry or Cordia's transfers.

I thought the game was pretty well-called, but you can not BREATHE on Beverly without it being a foul. Also, the non-call elbow on Johnson that knocked Hoskins to the ground was a missed call as well. Officiating was far from the difference in the game though. Some people never give the little schools credit though, even when they do play their hearts out. Buckhorn's day will come, though, no doubt in my mind.
skydiver1 Wrote:Did Groves grow up in Buckhorn?

He came from Estill via Owsley County.
The Chief Wrote:They didn't maintain that lead for the entire game. Horn cut it to five in the third and was only down six heading into the fourth. However, getting in a hole early, turnovers and just not a good shooting night doomed Buckhorn. Perry shot lights out too, best I've seen them from the line all year. The win definitely did not come easy though, Buckhorn battles for 32 minutes, shots just didn't fall and Perry's did. One has to be proud of John Noble's Cats. Only his third 20 win team, they are all back next year, and they are all "homegrown", no brought-in transfers from out of state/out-of-region or a team built in one year. Big things are ahead for them and you can't help but root for local kids competing with the so-called region heavyweights!!!

[Image: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131..._you_1.jpg]
Grove was from Booneville and they've got Jordan Akers who will be playing ball there after transferring from Paintsville.

A transfer is a transfer.

I love Buckhorn. My wife is employed there. John Noble is one of the best coaches you can find and he's a good guy on top of that.

It's hard not to root for them but this year wasn't there year.
Next year they will be back and ready to compete at a much higher level after all of the minutes these young guys have logged.

They have a lot of kids that have played together for a long time... but Noble ain't above playing a transfer... no one is.
Congrats to Perry on the win and Buckhorn on a great season.

I wish I could've seen a few more games at The Horn this year.
I'll make sure to make it out to some more next season.

If you ain't been your missing out. With their rock band that plays as the team runs out.
Great atmosphere.
Gonna be a barn burner Friday Night!! COX Vs Hazard! Go `DORES:biglmao:
zaga_fan Wrote:Grove was from Booneville and they've got Jordan Akers who will be playing ball there after transferring from Paintsville.

A transfer is a transfer.

I love Buckhorn. My wife is employed there. John Noble is one of the best coaches you can find and he's a good guy on top of that.

It's hard not to root for them but this year wasn't there year.
Next year they will be back and ready to compete at a much higher level after all of the minutes these young guys have logged.

They have a lot of kids that have played together for a long time... but Noble ain't above playing a transfer... no one is.

Don't know where you get your information from but Akers is at Allen Central, not Buckhorn.
Now on to the game. The game was fairly called tonight, couple missed calls but that's in every game. Beverly is a great player and has a great future. Johnson on the other hand, doesn't impress me one bit. Buckhorn has a great group of kids that play with their heart and does a darn good job playing with teams that has all these recruits from out of the state. They have a big future ahead of them as well. Great game between both teams. In the end, PCC just scored more points than Buckhorn and that's what counts.
top scorers for the Horn.
Blair - 14pts
Hoskins-12 pts
Ok! It's been years since I was I involved in HS basketball in the 14th Region so what's the schedule to the sweet 16 and the latest talk on who's who in the game(s)? Thanks
griffman Wrote:Don't know where you get your information from but Akers is at Allen Central, not Buckhorn.
Now on to the game. The game was fairly called tonight, couple missed calls but that's in every game. Beverly is a great player and has a great future. Johnson on the other hand, doesn't impress me one bit. Buckhorn has a great group of kids that play with their heart and does a darn good job playing with teams that has all these recruits from out of the state. They have a big future ahead of them as well. Great game between both teams. In the end, PCC just scored more points than Buckhorn and that's what counts.

Well he must get around.
Cuz he was at Buckhorn a while back... we had a thread about it.

Never had one about Allen Central so that must have been privileged info
:trolldad2:
BrokenArrow Wrote:top scorers for the Horn.
Blair - 14pts
Hoskins-12 pts

I would stack these two kids up against any other two players in the 14th. Both are great on and off the court.
Everyone needs to pay attention to what Corey H. and Louie H. does with their AAU team, Cameron Hoskins All-Stars, They are loaded this year, with these two boys and the Smith kid from Clay and several other of the Mountains finest.:worthy:
Why did Blair disappear in the 4th quarter?
Lets Do It!! Go Dores!!!!!
Count Wrote:I would stack these two kids up against any other two players in the 14th. Both are great on and off the court.
Everyone needs to pay attention to what Corey H. and Louie H. does with their AAU team, Cameron Hoskins All-Stars, They are loaded this year, with these two boys and the Smith kid from Clay and several other of the Mountains finest.:worthy:

Who else does this AAU team have. Sounds like a pretty good team!
ukcat fan Wrote:Who else does this AAU team have. Sounds like a pretty good team!
Not sure but I think
Crank- buckhorn
Whitmore- breathitt
Collet- Leslie
Kid from hazard not sure his name
Kid from Wolfe not sure his name
Marsey from Knox
Idk if there is anymore but it will be a really good team and with Corey and Louie coaching u know they will give 100%:Cheerlead
To be clear
Marsey is a maybe:yikes: