Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County is looking for a game for 2014
Boyle is looking for a game for 2014 in week 7 or week 10 after Whitley paid $4000 to buy out the contract with Boyle.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle is looking for a game for 2014 in week 7 or week 10 after Whitley paid $4000 to buy out the contract with Boyle.

Heard they bought out Morristown West too and it was much more that that.
I guess they would rather spend money than take a couple of losses.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I guess they would rather spend money than take a couple of losses.

looks that way. I was hoping they'd keep playing tough teams like Boyle.
Ill post the same thing here as I did in the Whitley forum...

Oh give me a break with the jabs at Whitley for backing out of the game.
Teams do it every year. If Black were still coach, this game would be played. You cant say Whitley County is scared to play Boyle. We don't it 3 years in a row, and would have this year if it weren't for the new coach. Regardless of what anyone has said, Whitley has played the hardest schedule in EKY for the last 5 or 6 years in a row, and its come of no benefit. They've been drubbed and injured throughout the whole season just like last year.
Until they get the numbers back up, it makes since to drop it. We were missing out entire backfield for half the year last year due to injuries.

Personally, I would have played it to finish out the contract then dropped it, but its the guys first year. He wants fast success and its going to look better playing someone of the same talent than to play Boyle and get beat to death again. If he is successful at getting good numbers out, I would love to see the series continue.

Not to mention im sure the Boyle fans would much rather have a better game to prepare them for the playoffs. Whitley hasn't been able to do that with the past 3 years weve had.

I also recall a certain team shying away from Highlands.....only difference was the contract was done. How is that any different?!?!?
It will be hard to find two games to replace Boyle and Morristown for Whitley. Does Jellico and Lynn Camp have openings?
Dont blame Chappell for getting out of those contracts. Was stupid to schedule games like that in the first place. You got to play within your own means. Nothing wrong with playing a tough opponent here and there but not every weekend. I think Perry Central plays to hard of a schedule for what they have as well. Sometimes you need a week to let your horses rest and heal up and let the JV's get some PT on Friday nights.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill post the same thing here as I did in the Whitley forum...

Oh give me a break with the jabs at Whitley for backing out of the game.
Teams do it every year. If Black were still coach, this game would be played. You cant say Whitley County is scared to play Boyle. We don't it 3 years in a row, and would have this year if it weren't for the new coach. Regardless of what anyone has said, Whitley has played the hardest schedule in EKY for the last 5 or 6 years in a row, and its come of no benefit. They've been drubbed and injured throughout the whole season just like last year.
Until they get the numbers back up, it makes since to drop it. We were missing out entire backfield for half the year last year due to injuries.

Personally, I would have played it to finish out the contract then dropped it, but its the guys first year. He wants fast success and its going to look better playing someone of the same talent than to play Boyle and get beat to death again. If he is successful at getting good numbers out, I would love to see the series continue.

Not to mention im sure the Boyle fans would much rather have a better game to prepare them for the playoffs. Whitley hasn't been able to do that with the past 3 years weve had.

I also recall a certain team shying away from Highlands.....only difference was the contract was done. How is that any different?!?!?

I'm not taking a jab at Whitley, and I'm not saying they are scared I simply stated they would rather spend money than take a loss if the new coach wants to soften the schedule to build confidence that's fine with me. I started this thread to see who would be free to play Boyle in week 7 or week 10 this coming season not to discuss Whitley's troubles. some people are just to defensive.
Shouldnt Whitley have considered how hard of a spot it puts the other team in for looking for a game. Why not just honor the 1 yr deal?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle is looking for a game for 2014 in week 7 or week 10 after Whitley paid $4000 to buy out the contract with Boyle.

Post it on listserve or KHSAA.
Full deck Wrote:Shouldnt Whitley have considered how hard of a spot it puts the other team in for looking for a game. Why not just honor the 1 yr deal?

No, they met there contract obligations and didn't break them. They paid there money and its done.
Why would we care about any other school than Whitley?
Its not like were "friends".
Jack Lambert Wrote:I'm not taking a jab at Whitley, and I'm not saying they are scared I simply stated they would rather spend money than take a loss if the new coach wants to soften the schedule to build confidence that's fine with me. I started this thread to see who would be free to play Boyle in week 7 or week 10 this coming season not to discuss Whitley's troubles. some people are just to defensive.

I understand, and personally, I liked the tough schedule. The jabs were coming mostly from Wburg posters who turned down an offer from Whitley.
Pretty funny.
I would like to see a Boyle County/Bowling Green matchup. Anyone?
I would like to see a Boyle County/Harlan County match up. Have you guys contacted Tom Larkey?? Not sure if we have an opening at those times or not, but I know last year we did have one open week.
What reason did whitley give Boyle or the TN team they bought out?
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Dont blame Chappell for getting out of those contracts. Was stupid to schedule games like that in the first place. You got to play within your own means. Nothing wrong with playing a tough opponent here and there but not every weekend. I think Perry Central plays to hard of a schedule for what they have as well. Sometimes you need a week to let your horses rest and heal up and let the JV's get some PT on Friday nights.

All I ever saw was posters bashing teams on not playing tough sched to get ready for playoffs, now posters bash teams for playing a tough sched. Some need to make up their mind.
Whiltey done what they thought was best, they are trying to re-build the program. It sucks for Boyle to have a open date that will be hard to fill. Bell went through the same ordeal a few years ago and could never fill the date. Tough to find a 1 year deal this late in the game.
Worst case is Boyle does not fill the game. Boyle gets a week of rest before the playoffs and $4,000 in their pockets. Looks pretty good to me.
I wish Belfry could play them
I'd say with Boyle moving to 3A...in the near future you'll going to get that wish.
TopCat Wrote:Whiltey done what they thought was best, they are trying to re-build the program. It sucks for Boyle to have a open date that will be hard to fill. Bell went through the same ordeal a few years ago and could never fill the date. Tough to find a 1 year deal this late in the game.

1 bad year and they have to rebuild. If they are trying to rebuild then why not drop Madison Southern, Bell, and Knox too.
Full deck Wrote:Shouldnt Whitley have considered how hard of a spot it puts the other team in for looking for a game. Why not just honor the 1 yr deal?
Boyle fan thinks someone should honor their word/ contract. Classic.
I'll bet Madison Central thought so too.
Full deck Wrote:1 bad year and they have to rebuild. If they are trying to rebuild then why not drop Madison Southern, Bell, and Knox too.

Why are you comparing them to Boyle? Boyle is on a differen't level.
Full deck Wrote:1 bad year and they have to rebuild. If they are trying to rebuild then why not drop Madison Southern, Bell, and Knox too.

It wasn't one bad year. It was 3 or 4 straight bad years.
Don't get me wrong, Whitley County isn't the epitome of high school football, but many found those 7-5 and 6-6 seasons with district runner up finishes as a failure, as most schools should.

If we wanted to continue on down that path Black would still be head coach. You got to respect Black though, he could have scheduled easy and won 7 or 8 games a year, but he wanted to play the best of the best.
pjdoug Wrote:Why are you comparing them to Boyle? Boyle is on a differen't level.

I agree with the Southern and Knox but I think Bell and Boyle are very comparable programs the last 6 or 7 years.
Yall have great success with that program. I would like to see us be able to get some games set up with you. Suggest to your staff to contact coach Joe at Mayfield and see if we can get something scheduled. We like playing tough games.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yall have great success with that program. I would like to see us be able to get some games set up with you. Suggest to your staff to contact coach Joe at Mayfield and see if we can get something scheduled. We like playing tough games.

Are these gonna be neutral site games? because I've been in your neck of the woods several times, and that's about a 250 mile drive.
Johnson central has there open dates week 1 week 2 and think 7
Look no more..
There you go Boyle County. Sounds like a challenge by Johnson Central. Either week 1, 2 or week 7... Going to be a slobber knocker