Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Co 86 Clay Co 70
Jackson county shoot clay out of Jackson county... Big win. :HitWall:
Looks like Jackson Co will be the first seed in the 49th District.

That means Clay Co vs. North Laurel in the first round in Manchester. I think the Tigers are the favorite in that game, but I also believe it will be much closer than their last meeting, which was an 87-58 Clay Co win.
Hey GENERAL I don't think mcdaneil was the "it" factor tonight but I guess the game was never close enough to be the "it" factor.lol But I do know that JACKSON COUNTY stepped on the gas early then put it in overdrive late....LOL NICE WIN JACKSON.
No it was a team effort tonight....Confusederiously:
I dont even know what a "it factor" is. Some new way bubba came up with to praise little brother. He's bragged so much on him through the years, he had to come up with something new I guess. I bet even people in clay are sick of hearing him brag. Smith is the best player for Clay. Fox is the best player in the region. Go Generals!
No, we know McDaniel is still the best player. Although I love the upside Blake Smith has. Jackson County played great tonight and Clay never showed up period.
Clay is a good team. I felt it was a big plus for Jackson County to get Will Neely back, he gives them a presence inside they did not have, and it allows Collier to play his natural position. I am not knocking Clay or Knox, both very good teams, I got a lot of respect for them, but I think Jackson County is the slight favorite to make it to Rupp with their team at full strength but they will have to play great basketball, because there will be no easy out's come tournament time!!!

Congratulations to the boys and Coach Parrett and his staff! Good job Generals!!!!
Dang UKCC. In the other thread I told you that you usually had intelligent conversation and here you come with the futile McDaniels is the best player in the region crap.
General Jackson Wrote:Dang UKCC. In the other thread I told you that you usually had intelligent conversation and here you come with the futile McDaniels is the best player in the region crap.

No, I said he is the best for CC man. He's not had the best season ever was this year. I still put him 1A 1B with Fox but Clay as a team has to get their stuff together.
I'll agree UKCC. On paper, Clay should have the best team in the region. To be honest, after you guys beat down North, I thought the beast had woke up.But, Clay has not been as good offensively all year as I had feared. Reasons for that are debatable so I'll leave that to the Clay faithful. The main problem I see with Clay is the same as Jackson. Neither team can play defense worth a nickel. Defense wins...period. We finally played just a little defense last night and I even think we boxed out once so we pick up the win. If either team is going to go to Rupp, they're going to have to defend. That may be where knox has just a little edge on us both right now.
There may not be a worse team in the region at guarding the 3 than Clay. I have no explanation for why Clay can never get all 6 rotation players on board. Somebody decides not to show up every night. The difference tonight was when Jackson jumped out on top, Clay didn't have it's home momentum to pull them out. Not to mention only two players showed up, and that was only for the first half. I thought the Tigers had woken up too and made this a two team region but tonight shows there's still 3 and nobody has a clue what will happen in two weeks. But I'd put money on it'll be Knox, Clay, or Jackson. Clay or Jackson one is going to get Knox in the second round.
Where's BUBBA? Check on BUBBA, UKCC. Heard he was running naked through Clay County yelling something about a ''stomping'' and a "it factor?" May have been some other kinda factor. Anyways, hate to have something bad happen to the boy.
General Jackson Wrote:Where's BUBBA? Check on BUBBA, UKCC. Heard he was running naked through Clay County yelling something about a ''stomping'' and a "it factor?" May have been some other kinda factor. Anyways, hate to have something bad happen to the boy.

Lol, he'll be on here tomorrow to speak for himself. I have no comment on that.
Neither of us can guard people off the dribble, UKCC. Blame it on the no hand checking or whatever but we are both pitiful. Smith is decent but even he is not what I would call a ''stopper''. Clay has three players that can guard the perimeter somewhat but Allen and Farmer struggle at closing out the three... I see your point.
General Jackson Wrote:Neither of us can guard people off the dribble, UKCC. Blame it on the no hand checking or whatever but we are both pitiful. Smith is decent but even he is not what I would call a ''stopper''. Clay has three players that can guard the perimeter somewhat but Allen and Farmer struggle at closing out the three... I see your point.

You hit the nail on the head with the last two. Knox has a distinct advantage when it comes to guarding vs. Clay or Jackson. Clay and Jackson can just try to out score everyone else in the region. We'll see how the next two weeks plays out though.
UKCC Wrote:There may not be a worse team in the region at guarding the 3 than Clay. I have no explanation for why Clay can never get all 6 rotation players on board. Somebody decides not to show up every night. The difference tonight was when Jackson jumped out on top, Clay didn't have it's home momentum to pull them out. Not to mention only two players showed up, and that was only for the first half. I thought the Tigers had woken up too and made this a two team region but tonight shows there's still 3 and nobody has a clue what will happen in two weeks. But I'd put money on it'll be Knox, Clay, or Jackson. Clay or Jackson one is going to get Knox in the second round.

The blind draw of the regional tournament is so crucial. Potentially, the loser of 49th District could face South/Corbin in the first round and Knox in the second. That would be an awful draw. Even if they win those two games, it would be tough to win a third after that competition.

Actually, the loser could face that, as well. I don't know who wins that South/Corbin game, but I wouldn't want to play either in the first round.
Heres my take from last nights game.

1. Clay county just can not guard the 3
2. Marcum made a crucial coaching mistake in the first quater by going to a 1-3-1. Jackson scored 12 str8 from 3.
3. Smith should have been guarding fox all night. Not just in 2nd half. He cant shut him down but can slow him down big time.
4. Clay had 2 players that left thier game at the house last night. Did nothing and played 0 defense.
5. Jackson out huslted and out played clay.

Is Clay more talented, yes not even close. But talent dont always win.
TriCountySports Wrote:The blind draw of the regional tournament is so crucial. Potentially, the loser of 49th District could face South/Corbin in the first round and Knox in the second. That would be an awful draw. Even if they win those two games, it would be tough to win a third after that competition.

Actually, the loser could face that, as well. I don't know who wins that South/Corbin game, but I wouldn't want to play either in the first round.

Yep, exact what I'm saying. For a few years there Clay would get the loser out of that district in the first round and both were the top teams in the region. I'm not going to be shocked if anybody makes a run.
Defense wins championships.. Can any team in the 13th play defense? Let JC get hot and they will beat you. Congrats Generals, looks like you guys are back in the region tournament. Lets see which CC team is going to show up. Its a game by game basis. Last time I checked 1 or 2 players can't win games. It takes a TEAM!! Go Clay!
Nice win for Jackson Co maybe my prediction of them winning the 13th doesn't sound so crazy to some now.
Everyone is saying that Clay Co can't guard the three, but this is also what scares me about Jackson Co.

My good friend from the Times Tribune, Les Dixon, pointed out the other day that teams that shoot well tend to have trouble at The Arena because of the different background/dimensions. If Jackson Co beat Clay Co because of their three-point shooting, that probably won't be the case there.

The teams that wins the region will be the team that can score a variety of ways, including in transition and half court offense. If teams rely on three-point shooting, they may not be successful.

With that said, this does not mean that the Generals, or any other team, will shoot poorly in the regional tournament. But, it has happened before.
Great point TriCounty. Anything, and I mean anything can happen at the Arena.
If Clay doesn't win the region this year, I'm guessing Bubba may start writing letters to have the tourney moved to Harlan County permanently. McDaniel and company shot pretty well here last March.
That they did HDE!!! I thought Harlan Co hosted a great region tournament. I just hated that drive!
I know the feeling.
It seems Manchester is a little farther away every year.
Glad to see you back on here BUBBA. I had heard some rumors and feared the worst after the game last night. Given your fragile state of mind right now, I'm going to be nice and not mention the stomping you predicted last night or all the many many posts about Clay being 20 point better than anybody else in the region before season even started. I'm not even going to mention this mysterious" it" factor that only Chip has. There's an old saying about counting chickens before they hatch BUBBA. There's also a thing called Karma...if you go around bragging all the time, its gonna come back and get ya! Now, as far as shooting in the Arena...yes it is definitely a game changer. We struggled early with it in Frankfort(similar open gym) but seemed to adjust as the game went on. All the teams, not just Jackson, will have adjustments to make.
I've never liked playing at The Arena but with equality at the top of the region it may be helpful for Clay. It's going to be a mess until districts are figured out and even then it will probably be a head scratcher.
General, you got to calm down. Focus on taking care of OBI. Jackson has a nice squad and have a chance to win this region if things go well for them. You take things to a personal level and try to bully behind a computer name. I've never bashed Jackson, I'm just high in our team and our players.
BUBBA...when you're on here in the summer time talking about Clay being 10 to 20 points better than everybody else in the region, you leave yourself wide open for bashing. Even yesterday you was predicting a stomping when Clay rolls in to Jackson. If I have offended anyone else in Clay, I apologize... but you my friend,for being so arrogant, deserve none.
Pretty sure I never gave a score prediction or even that Clay would win? I have no faith in this Clay team, just hope. They, nor any other team in the 13th can play defense and we are also very inconsistent. With that said, I love my Tigers and when they play an A+ game they are 10+ better than anyone, besides maybe Knox. I said congrats on the win, that not enough for you General?