Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The nWo in the WWF.... DX in WCW
Snow falling, Cold and really can't do much outside. So let's talk a little old school wrestling.

Let's just say Hogan, Macho Man, Hall, Nash, Hart, Big Boss Man, I.R.S., Beefcake and all the other WWF talent that went to WCW in the mid 90's had stayed.

And let's just say in the same time period there was some top-tier talent from WCW that made the switch to WWF.

Do you think the nWo would have made as big of an impact IF it would have been in the WWF. Sting, Flair, Anderson, The Giant and Luger made the "invasion" on the WWF back in the day.
Now for the 2nd topic of the title....

Do you think DX would have made as big of an impact on the wrestling world if it was in WCW instead of the WWF.

At the time... IMO, WCW really didn't have any talent that could pull off the characters.

However, Bishoff and the WCW did turn some Huge Baby Faces in to monster heel's. I think with the right pushes, there could have been a stable similar to DX. But I don't think it would have been as successful as the WWF's version due to the creative freedom's the WWF had.
All in all... the nWo, DX and the Monday Night War introduced people to pro wrestling that never was a fan. The kids that had grew up watching Hogan as a kid was cheering him on as teenagers as the biggest heel in the world (I know this to be true, because I did it myself.)

And to be honest, if Hogan had never left the WWF... who knows how long VKM would have rode that horse. Stone Cold would be just another bad guy. The Rock would be just another wrestler turned actor. DX wouldn't have been the stable like we know it today. And the Undertaker wouldn't have his WM streak.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Snow falling, Cold and really can't do much outside. So let's talk a little old school wrestling.

Let's just say Hogan, Macho Man, Hall, Nash, Hart, Big Boss Man, I.R.S., Beefcake and all the other WWF talent that went to WCW in the mid 90's had stayed.

And let's just say in the same time period there was some top-tier talent from WCW that made the switch to WWF.

Do you think the nWo would have made as big of an impact IF it would have been in the WWF. Sting, Flair, Anderson, The Giant and Luger made the "invasion" on the WWF back in the day.

And yes, I do know that the nWo was brought in to the WWE back in the early 2000's.... and yes, I do know it was a flop.

I'm talking about the nWo when Hall first showed up on Nitro until the WCW was bought.