Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley's final Record
throwboy there are 10 regular season games 7-3. Plus losing first round of playoffs. 7-4 and thats giving them a win tonite, but with johnson out it will be rough.
Old Timer Wrote:QB Johnson is done for the year.

Tyler is done for the year. He is having surgery on his knee and will be ut the rest of the season. His replacement will be Sophomore Nathan Mullins. Nathan plays HB, and is one of the fastest boys on the team. SV will be fine, I still see them winning around 7 or 8 games.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Tyler is done for the year. He is having surgery on his knee and will be ut the rest of the season. His replacement will be Sophomore Nathan Mullins. Nathan plays HB, and is one of the fastest boys on the team. SV will be fine, I still see them winning around 7 or 8 games.

his backup throughout the year has been Cody Varney. Was this a change being made with Mullins being brought in and why?
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:his backup throughout the year has been Cody Varney. Was this a change being made with Mullins being brought in and why?

Because Varney was being played to get him ready for when he has to take over after next year. Nathan is just a true athlete and can play pretty much all skill positions. Varney is still a freshmen, no need throwing him to the dogs.
After the Matewan ruling got reversed, could Valley have lost two games tonight?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Yes they very well could, but I sure hope the Matewan game doesn't fall on us!
What do you mean doesnt fall on you, didnt they beat them on the field and scoreboard?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Yes they did but if they used an illegal player and one game gets reversed and just so happens to be us then it dose fall on us.
But.... he wasnt ruled to be ineligible after all. So that would have made him a legal player in the games he already played in, and for the rest of the season.
If the Matewan player is ruled eligible then Matewan gets their games back. Why would they rule a player eligible and then only give one game back? That makes no sense. If the boy is eligible then no rules were broken and Valley lost that game fair and square. And they should take the loss with no complaints.
You win games on the field, and on the scoreboard! A loss is a loss...let it rest!
Apparently from people I've talked to who know West Virginia football the Epling boy played for Matewan tonight at Burch. Matewan will get their two games they won in West Virginia back. But I don't think they get their game against Shelby Valley back because it was in Kentucky. I think thats rediculous but thats what I've heard. So I guess Valley can rest easy and be happy with a win they didn't earn.
Coach Wrote:Apparently from people I've talked to who know West Virginia football the Epling boy played for Matewan tonight at Burch. Matewan will get their two games they won in West Virginia back. But I don't think they get their game against Shelby Valley back because it was in Kentucky. I think thats rediculous but thats what I've heard. So I guess Valley can rest easy and be happy with a win they didn't earn.

Valley got beat 24-20 tonight in a good game...
wavefan Wrote:Valley got beat 24-20 tonight in a good game...

Yea, It was a hard lost
Coach Wrote:Apparently from people I've talked to who know West Virginia football the Epling boy played for Matewan tonight at Burch. Matewan will get their two games they won in West Virginia back. But I don't think they get their game against Shelby Valley back because it was in Kentucky. I think thats rediculous but thats what I've heard. So I guess Valley can rest easy and be happy with a win they didn't earn.

You dag gone right were gonan take the win. If the state tells us that they can't over turn our game then ok we will take it. If belfry lost to Pikeville do you and say Pikeville had an ineligble player that Belfry would be like no we dont want the win we lost. NO EVERY TEAM IN AMERICA WOULD TAKE IT!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:You dag gone right were gonan take the win. If the state tells us that they can't over turn our game then ok we will take it. If belfry lost to Pikeville do you and say Pikeville had an ineligble player that Belfry would be like no we dont want the win we lost. NO EVERY TEAM IN AMERICA WOULD TAKE IT!
well said...i dont think that there would be any team ever to turn down a win
How about Valley goes 5 and 4. Losses coming from belfry, SC, Pburg, and Grundy. If were not going to count Matewan as a loss we shouldn't count it as a win either. Hey but on a brighter note they should end up with a winning record and a trip to the playoffs. With seasons like this they should be able to keep getting kids out and and feilding these top contender teams. Good job Valley. Once they move SC and Belfry to 3a you might be able to come in second in the district.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:You dag gone right were gonan take the win. If the state tells us that they can't over turn our game then ok we will take it. If belfry lost to Pikeville do you and say Pikeville had an ineligble player that Belfry would be like no we dont want the win we lost. NO EVERY TEAM IN AMERICA WOULD TAKE IT!

But the whole thing about it is, the player wasnt ineligble. He is playing out the rest of the season. But I guess if they want to take a game they lost on the field and on the scoreboard, but won it with the stroke of a pen on a meritless reason, then they will have one more win and one less loss then they are supposed to have.

cats eye Wrote:How about Valley goes 5 and 4. Losses coming from belfry, SC, Pburg, and Grundy. If were not going to count Matewan as a loss we shouldn't count it as a win either. Hey but on a brighter note they should end up with a winning record and a trip to the playoffs. With seasons like this they should be able to keep getting kids out and and feilding these top contender teams. Good job Valley. Once they move SC and Belfry to 3a you might be able to come in second in the district.

What are the top contender teams you are refering to, Valleys team, or the teams they have played? The only good teams they have played, they have lost to. They do have the impressive win streak over teams that Millard Grade School could beat. And are you saying that if the class system wasnt changed, that Valley wouldnt come in second in the district?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:But the whole thing about it is, the player wasnt ineligble. He is playing out the rest of the season. But I guess if they want to take a game they lost on the field and on the scoreboard, but won it with the stroke of a pen on a meritless reason, then they will have one more win and one less loss then they are supposed to have.

What are the top contender teams you are refering to, Valleys team, or the teams they have played? The only good teams they have played, they have lost to. They do have the impressive win streak over teams that Millard Grade School could beat. And are you saying that if the class system wasnt changed, that Valley wouldnt come in second in the district?

The top contender teams that i am refering to are the ones the Shelby Valley fans keeps posting about. I have truly never seen valley or really heard of them much outside of this website. I mean i knew they were out there but never heard anything out of them. By the attitude of their fans i have been missing the Trinity of 2a football right here in eastern Ky. And no Valley would not come in first or second in the district they are in now. But next year when they move to the 6a format it should make it possible. I mean look at whos in the district. As far as top quality teams that they have played. Well that is yet to be seen. Grundy is down this year with limited numbers. Not exactly a powerhouse. Matewan is making alot of heaslines but as its been said their not exactly playing top compition. The level of football in WV is not quite what it is in Ky. My senior year we played two time state champion Gilbert. We Beat them by around 40 pts. That year they went undefeated in Wv.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:But the whole thing about it is, the player wasnt ineligble. He is playing out the rest of the season. But I guess if they want to take a game they lost on the field and on the scoreboard, but won it with the stroke of a pen on a meritless reason, then they will have one more win and one less loss then they are supposed to have.

Teams that middle grade school could beat? Hmmm didn't Pikeville have some trouble with Phelps. And SC have some trouble with ER 8-8 at halftime?????
cats eye Wrote:The top contender teams that i am refering to are the ones the Shelby Valley fans keeps posting about. I have truly never seen valley or really heard of them much outside of this website. I mean i knew they were out there but never heard anything out of them. By the attitude of their fans i have been missing the Trinity of 2a football right here in eastern Ky. And no Valley would not come in first or second in the district they are in now. But next year when they move to the 6a format it should make it possible. I mean look at whos in the district. As far as top quality teams that they have played. Well that is yet to be seen. Grundy is down this year with limited numbers. Not exactly a powerhouse. Matewan is making alot of heaslines but as its been said their not exactly playing top compition. The level of football in WV is not quite what it is in Ky. My senior year we played two time state champion Gilbert. We Beat them by around 40 pts. That year they went undefeated in Wv.

When did we state we were playing power house teams???
Pillsbury, do you play for Valley? If so, I would like to ask you what you think your record is in your heart, not what is on paper. We need to know what the players think their record is before we can predict what the outcome of the season will be dont you think?
They will lose to the two big reds and the black cats.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Pillsbury, do you play for Valley? If so, I would like to ask you what you think your record is in your heart, not what is on paper. We need to know what the players think their record is before we can predict what the outcome of the season will be dont you think?

No, but I do have a little cousin that does play. Well you might as well call him my little brother. And deep down in his heart he belives they are 5-1 including the loss to Grundy. They state ruled and the kids do except that ruling. What school wouldn't.
Valley is much improved over last year but they will go 5-5......
6-3
gridironguru Wrote:Valley is much improved over last year but they will go 5-5......

You honestly think they'll lose to Magoffin County?

packers fan Wrote:6-3

What game do you think Shelby Valley will have that will be cancelled. They play 10 games, not 9.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:No, but I do have a little cousin that dose play. Well you might as well call him my little brother. And deep down in his heart he belives they are 5-1 including the loss to Grundy. They state ruled and the kids do ecept that ruling. What school wouldn't.

Meant accept. The kids have heart. Give them a little credit and more talent than what some people see. If they could put together 4 quaters of football they would be a toguth team to handle.
pillsburythrowboy i tried to send you a pm but i couldn't so you need to delete some of them and i will try later....sorry i had to post like this
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Teams that middle grade school could beat? Hmmm didn't Pikeville have some trouble with Phelps. And SC have some trouble with ER 8-8 at halftime?????
if this is supposed to mean that sv could beat pikeville and sc i cant wait for the sc game and i wish you were on pikevilles schedule, but since they only play top notch competition (accept for a few teams in the district) i guess thats why you are not on there schedule. hmmm...