Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co 39 Bell Co 37
Final.
Nice win Lady Black Bears!!!!! Great bounce back after losing to that other team in Harlan County. This region is WIDE open.
Great win for the Bears.
This was my upset special...Granny Bear from 64SUR.....:truestory:
Love it.
I was going to say I thought Bell would lose to HC this weekend, but didn't.
That district is crazy.

Just like Whitley fell to Corbin, any team can be upset in this region.
I don't know if it's that big of an upset. HCHS lost in overtime at Bell and led Whitley of the way at Whitley. Harlan County has been pretty consistent all year.
^
I would consider it an upset.
I don't think anybody would have picked against Bell in this game.
I don't think anybody is surprised that HC won because there good, but Bell was definitely the favorite.
Yes, Bell was the favorite and deserves to be ranked No. 1 in the region. They have had a tremendous season.
But until losing to Harlan last week, Harlan County had pretty much won every game they were expected to win and played Bell and Whitley very close on the road. Neither Bell nor Whitley really covered what you would expect as far as homecourt advantage.
I did pick Harlan County to win on the radio earlier in the night.
HDE Wrote:Yes, Bell was the favorite and deserves to be ranked No. 1 in the region. They have had a tremendous season.
But until losing to Harlan last week, Harlan County had pretty much won every game they were expected to win and played Bell and Whitley very close on the road. Neither Bell nor Whitley really covered what you would expect as far as homecourt advantage.
I did pick Harlan County to win on the radio earlier in the night.

I can agree with that.
My black bears are going to the region finals.

Of course they'll fall to Whitley. But none the less....:biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I can agree with that.
My black bears are going to the region finals.

Of course they'll fall to Whitley. But none the less....:biggrin:

Your Black Bears???? Your Black Bears????

I was shocked looking at the stats of this game! Morris ended up being high point with 12. I would've bet the farm that their little point guard had more points than that in here 3s alone!

I felt like our defense really stepped up in this game; as well as Bell's defense.

Bella would not be stopped for that last shot! I thought she played a hell of a game.
Congratulations to the Lady Bears. This should be a huge confidence boost going into district. :Clap:
Huge win for the Lady Bears!! Congrats! What kind of defense did HC play? To hold Morris to 12pts. it must of been a darn good one! Was anyone in foul trouble? Tell us more about the game. Wish I could have watched this one!:popcorn:Confusedticktong
Stittams fouled out; we had another 3 starters with 4 fouls. Bell's foul count was comparable. They played man, with help on Morris. I still cannot get over the fact that she was high point. Their little senior guard seemed to have hit every darn three point shot that she threw up! LOL Guess some kids just play bigger than others'.

This game was really fast for a girls' game. They started the game fast and furious and ended the same way.
Sounds like one heck of a game! Thanks for the info! Good Luck against Corbin on Friday!
Wow this is crazy
Granny Bear Wrote:Your Black Bears???? Your Black Bears????

I was shocked looking at the stats of this game! Morris ended up being high point with 12. I would've bet the farm that their little point guard had more points than that in here 3s alone!

I felt like our defense really stepped up in this game; as well as Bell's defense.

Bella would not be stopped for that last shot! I thought she played a hell of a game.

Harlan County born and raised...

:haters:
Weren't you also born and raised on Pond Creek???