Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 74 Whitley Co. 46
Corbin starting to gel again after some mid-season problems.
Man, that district is going to be wild.
Once again, im rooting for Red Bird to take region this year.
Big win for the big red machine
I didn't see a beat down coming. Corbin looks like they are getting primed for district tournament time. This follows the beat down they laid on Williamsburg.
E's Army Wrote:I didn't see a beat down coming. Corbin looks like they are getting primed for district tournament time. This follows the beat down they laid on Williamsburg.

Corbin shot the ball extremely well. Whitley had good looks but didn't shot well. It was fairly obvious that Corbin was more prepared!
I covered this one for The Times Tribune. I posted a smaller recap, but the full story will be in today's paper.

Here was the box score -

Corbin 17 19 19 19 - 74

Whitley County 10 16 7 13 - 46

Corbin (74) - Taylor 20, Goins 17, Kenny Hopper 10, Trevor Browning 8, Joey Shelton 8, Zach Maguet 7, Sam Taylor 2.

Whitley County (46) - Johnson 12, Woods 11, Levi Barton 9, James Sasko 8, Cameron Johnson 5, Casey Crisologo 1.

I will say that Corbin 8th grader Andrew Taylor played like a senior. He controlled the tempo of the game and knocked down open shots. He played well while handling the ball and when he played off the ball.