Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 55 Powell County 0
Russell wins easily. Kasey Clark ties the school record with 5 TDs. A lot of young guys got a lot of playing time for the Devils.
Congrats to the Devils.
eeeeww ugly
Great job :devilflam !
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
For Russell the starters scored, then scored some more, then scored again. Then the JV scored, scored some more and scored again. THEN THE FRESHMAN SCORED.:notworthy :igiveup:

Congratulations to Josh Wills for getting a TD. Every lineman's dream.

Also Dwaine Evans was just short on a 44 yard field goal. Normally this would not be that big of a deal but to kick that ball out of the mud and come that close was awsome.
FBALL Wrote:For Russell the starters scored, then scored some more, then scored again. Then the JV scored, scored some more and scored again. THEN THE FRESHMAN SCORED.:notworthy :igiveup:

Congratulations to Josh Wills for getting a TD. Every lineman's dream.

Also Dwaine Evans was just short on a 44 yard field goal. Normally this would not be that big of a deal but to kick that ball out of the mud and come that close was awsome.
sweet did they let hicks or harvey run the ball.
I got mine last year.
t-cat50 Wrote:sweet did they let hicks or harvey run the ball.
I got mine last year.

Good God no. You didn't feel the earth shaking did you.Smile

In most offenses' Josh would be a fullback. He has good size, speed and is pretty quick. In the wing-t at Russell that makes you a gaurd. Coach McGlone let him run the ball once as a reward for all of the hard work he puts in. That and the way I hear it he is ALWAYS asking to run the ball.
FBALL Wrote:Coach McGlone let him run the ball once as a reward for all of the hard work he puts in. That and the way I hear it he is ALWAYS asking to run the ball.

and what a job he did.

What about the face paint tonight?
Midee1 Wrote:and what a job he did.

What about the face paint tonight?

I thought we were watching "Pirates of the Carribean". ARRRTongueirateSho
FBALL Wrote:I thought we were watching "Pirates of the Carribean". ARRRTongueirateSho

But we at least did learn a few interesting tidbits of information tonight.Confusedhh:
Midee1 Wrote:But we at least did learn a few interesting tidbits of information tonight.Confusedhh:
I'll never tell. I do know the coldest place on earth though.
Just got word that 2 of Powell Co QB were taken to the hospital in Ashland. Prayers go out to these young men.
Best wishes
Gold Charger Wrote:Just got word that 2 of Powell Co QB were taken to the hospital in Ashland. Prayers go out to these young men.

I saw #11 being taken off of the field in a golf cart after the game was over. He was sitting up. Just guessing but it may have been a concussion. Russell was hitting very hard, even the younger kids in the second half. Powell Co really did take some abuse. I hope all of players are going to be OK.

Powells RB #5, I don't think played much in the second half. May have been injured as well. These kids really took some big hits.
FBALL Wrote:I saw #11 being taken off of the field in a golf cart after the game was over. He was sitting up. Just guessing but it may have been a concussion. Russell was hitting very hard, even the younger kids in the second half. Powell Co really did take some abuse. I hope all of players are going to be OK.

Powells RB #5, I don't think played much in the second half. May have been injured as well. These kids really took some big hits.

Phone connection was bad, but what I could understand , it was the two QB's not #5. One with a broken wrist and the other with a concussion.
Gold Charger Wrote:Phone connection was bad, but what I could understand , it was the two QB's not #5. One with a broken wrist and the other with a concussion.

Thats a very tough break (no pun intended) for Powell. Both QBs injured. I hope they both heal quickly.

#5 appeared to come up hurt a few times. I'm glad its nothing bad. He is going to be one sore pup in the morning.
Oh yea, that will hurt them in the long run with 2 injured QB's
Congrats Russell
FBALL Wrote:Thats a very tough break (no pun intended) for Powell. Both QBs injured. I hope they both heal quickly.

#5 appeared to come up hurt a few times. I'm glad its nothing bad. He is going to be one sore pup in the morning.

Thanks for the well wishes. #5 is a very tuff young man. I knew this game would be a blow out, I just didn''t want anyone hurt.
Big win for the Devils thanks for the info on the site to all the back endzone guys!
Central Ram Wrote:Big win for the Devils thanks for the info on the site to all the back endzone guys!
Glad your here Central Ram.
I'm on the darkside! Anyway it is nice to be among friends. Big district win for the Devils and let's just hope they all stay healthy! Midee1 needs a ring for the other hand!
Shew..im glad it didnt get out of hand tonight. 2 players is a blessing imo. Congrats to the devils..good luck the rest of the season. Good luck for powell finding someone to fill in the void at the QB position.
Russell started subbing in the 1st quarter. Everybody on the bench played. Coach McGlone is not one to run up the score or humilate a team. The starters did get some reps to work on a few things in game situations and stay in game shape.
I was afraid the powell kids would get hurt lets hope it not to bad. Did Russel just hit them hard or what.
How is this for hitting????
Team Statistics (Final)
The Automated ScoreBook
Powell County vs #3 Russell (Sep 22, 2006 at Russell)

PCHS RHS

FIRST DOWNS................... 5 16
Rushing..................... 3 10
Passing..................... 1 6
Penalty..................... 1 0
NET YARDS RUSHING............. 38 240
Rushing Attempts............ 36 31
Average Per Rush............ 1.1 7.7
Yards Gained Rushing........ 82 256
Yards Lost Rushing.......... 44 16
NET YARDS PASSING............. 30 155
Completions-Attempts-Int.... 1-7-0 6-9-1
Average Per Attempt......... 4.3 17.2
Average Per Completion...... 30.0 25.8
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 68 395
Total offense plays......... 43 40
Average Gain Per Play....... 1.6 9.9
Fumbles: Number-Lost.......... 7-4 3-0
Penalties: Number-Yards....... 1-5 5-24
PUNTS-YARDS................... 4-103 0-0
Average Yards Per Punt...... 25.8 0.0
Net Yards Per Punt.......... 21.8 0.0
Inside 20................... 0 0
50+ Yards................... 0 0
Touchbacks.................. 0 0
Fair catch.................. 1 0
KICKOFFS-YARDS................ 1-25 8-364
Average Yards Per Kickoff... 25.0 45.5
Net Yards Per Kickoff....... 21.0 31.9
Touchbacks.................. 0 1
Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD. 0-0-0 2-16-0
Average Per Return.......... 0.0 8.0
Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 5-109-0 1-4-0
Average Per Return.......... 21.8 4.0
Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD.. 1-0-0 0-0-0
Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD. 0-0-0 0-0-0
Miscellaneous Yards........... 0 0
Possession Time............... 29:10 18:50
1st Quarter................. 8:08 3:52
2nd Quarter................. 5:59 6:01
3rd Quarter................. 7:20 4:40
4th Quarter................. 7:43 4:17
Third-Down Conversions........ 2 of 11 3 of 5
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 1 of 3 1 of 1
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 0-0 4-5
Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 0-0 1-4
PAT Kicks..................... 0-0 6-5
Field Goals................... 0-0 0-1

Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Powell County Russell

xxx---------Rushing No Yds TD Lg Av............Rushing No Yds TD Lg Avg
Robbie Raker 9 31 0 11 3.4 .....................Kasey Clark 8 80 ..4... 24 10.0
Cody Lopez 5 18 0 7 3.6 ...........................Josh Wills 1 38 ..1 ...38 38.0
Timmy Hardy 4 6 0 3 1.5 ........................Travis Jones 1 35 ..1 ,,35 35.0
David Crowe 1 2 0 2 2.0............................ Nick Lewis 5 25 0 12 5.0

...........Passing AttCmpInt Yds TD Lng ..........Passing AttCmpInt Yds TD Lng
Billy Rice 5-0-0 0 0 0 ..................................Tyler Jones 6-4-0 107 2 42
Cody Lopez 2-1-0 30 0 30 ...............................AJ Cordle 3-2-1 48 0 37

Receiving No. Yds TD Long ..........................Receiving No. Yds TD Long
Matt Sebey 1 30 0 30 ...............................Kasey Clark 2 68 1 42
..........................................................Marcus Frazier 2 57 1 37
...............................................................Nick Lewis 1 19 0 19
.............................................................David Bailey 1 11 0 11

Punting No. Avg Long I20 Punting No. Avg Long I20
Allen Martin 4 25.8 31 0
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I would also like to say that I met a great person last night.... CODY LOPEZ... Very nice to meet you son, you played hard...... If you give it all on the field,, there is nothing to hang your head about......... I saw this kid play probably 4-5 different positions last night, from QB to full back to end line backer to safety..... Glad I got to meet you........ Have a great season and remember what I told you... Give back to your program.................
Devilologist Wrote:I would also like to say that I met a great person last night.... CODY LOPEZ... Very nice to meet you son, you played hard...... If you give it all on the field,, there is nothing to hang your head about......... I saw this kid play probably 4-5 different positions last night, from QB to full back to end line backer to safety..... Glad I got to meet you........ Have a great season and remember what I told you... Give back to your program.................

Very nice post. Always give back to your program. I guess that's why wo do what we do. :thumpsup:
Great game Russell. Powell don't hang your head work harder things can only get better. Hope your players heal and get back on the field soon.