Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 54 Lawrence County 32
Well. That oughta answer some questions.

JC moves out to 5-1 in the district. This team definitely getting better as the season goes on.
Diogenes Wrote:Well. That oughta answer some questions.

JC moves out to 5-1 in the district. This team definitely getting better as the season goes on.

It sounds like it.

Either Lawrence or SC will not go to region
Two teams going in two different directions.

This all with no Hall and a low scoring night from Blair.
OffTheHook Wrote:Two teams going in two different directions.

This all with no Hall and a low scoring night from Blair.

Wow Hall didn't even play
Hall didn't play.... and the score was like this???
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Hall didn't play.... and the score was like this???

They came to play. Dalton Adkins especially.
Adkins sure did.
No Hall... not a big game from Blair... not that it mattered though. LC looked like they stayed up all night last night playing xBox! lol

Congrats JC. LC better pull their heads out!
Sometime a young team need a wake-up call....You just don't need to get it on your home court.....Confusederiously:
Congrats JC good beat down. This might be the wake up call LC needs.
1 qtr back to street ball turnover,turnover,turnover,bad shot,bad shot,bad shot.
Then it was bad pass,bad pass,bad pass. Then it was out control,out control,out control. 1 player didn't touch the ball for the first 6 minutes of the 1 qtr.
LC will get another shot or 2 at the eagles. LC Dawgs xbox had nothing to do with this butt kicking.
I sure did not see the same bunch of Dawgs that I saw play at Central. Difference was daylight and dark. Is it just me or did it seem like all was not right tonight between the Lawrence County players. Good job Eagles.
Wildcat man Wrote:Congrats JC good beat down. This might be the wake up call LC needs.
1 qtr back to street ball turnover,turnover,turnover,bad shot,bad shot,bad shot.
Then it was bad pass,bad pass,bad pass. Then it was out control,out control,out control. 1 player didn't touch the ball for the first 6 minutes of the 1 qtr.
LC will get another shot or 2 at the eagles. LC Dawgs xbox had nothing to do with this butt kicking.

pretty sure johnson central had something to do with the turnovers and bad passes. and the one player you said "didn't touch the ball" was probably getting shut down by the aggressive defense by central.

as much as i love being part of this community in lawrence, it is difficult hearing all the complaining from the dads/coaches in the stands who believe they have all the answers and know more than coach cook. he's smarter on the X's and O's of basketball than all of us in the stands combined. time to let him do what he knows to do. and give credit to the bad game to central.

they deserved it. congrats central. you have a really good team.
Where is district at this year
Anything can happen but for my money JCHS has little trouble winning thi
Wit third straight title.
Agree 100%
THOMCAT Wrote:I sure did not see the same bunch of Dawgs that I saw play at Central. Difference was daylight and dark. Is it just me or did it seem like all was not right tonight between the Lawrence County players. Good job Eagles.

Yep... you said it! Like a totally different team the last few games. Not sure what it is, but they better get it figured out quick and in a hurry!
Defense wa the name of the game tonight.JC really got after them.Adkins had a great game on both ends of the court.When JC went on the 11-0 run in the first quarter it was over then.Lawrence just couldnt get it going after that.You could sure tell something was wrong with the Lawrence co team.Seems like they had a coach that worked hard.It looked last night that he was beat down.You could see it on his face.
Shane has the flu and this is the third straight game he has missed. He did not play in their loss to Breathitt County
Looks as if they are starting to get things together at the right time of the year.
Maybe one of the most exciting things for JC was that the majority of the playing time last night was by the Junior class.Adkins,Blair,Salyer,Gullett & Rice are all juniors.
Tough loss at home for this young LC team.
They, say you can't get B, S. From a buffalo , you sure are trying
The last couple of years this Lawrence co team has been exciting to watch.But it sure looked like they couldn't figure out the JC defense.Glad to see the Eagles peaking right now.
Wildcat man Wrote:Congrats JC good beat down. This might be the wake up call LC needs.

not sure what player didn't touch the ball in the first qtr. pretty sure they all did. another thing, why do you keep calling it street ball? yes they have played better, but jc has a good team. shots were just not falling for the dawgs. they all took some bad shots, they all had some bad passes, and they all had some turnovers. you win as a team and you lose as a team.
LC is a fun team to watch but you can see that inexperience show. By years end they'll be right there in the thick of things I'm sure but that district won't be an easy one to come out of.
I look for Sheldon Clark and JC to come out of that district
^ I could also see that. Going to be interesting that's for sure.
I definitely will go and watch LC vs SC game
Warthog Wrote:I look for Sheldon Clark and JC to come out of that district

JC should be the favorite to win it( it's there's to lose) ,but I don't beleave Sheldon Clark can keep get it together for tournament. The runner up spot is up for grabs( watch out for Lawrence co ) Who knows its goning B FUN to watch. Confusedinglepar
God Speed 15th Wrote:JC should be the favorite to win it( it's there's to lose) ,but I don't beleave Sheldon Clark can keep get it together for tournament. The runner up spot is up for grabs( watch out for Lawrence co ) Who knows its goning B FUN to watch. Confusedinglepar

BGR really needs to add a spelling/grammar check feature.

:insane: