Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 51 South Laurel 50
I'm surprised by this one!
Wburg might get that 3 seed
yea we are terrible. disgusted is what I am. We get better and better as year goes and then bam no heart till 4th quarter down 10. We are not very good anyway and when we play with no heart this is what happens.
:Thumbs:You have the size and potential.....but only the girls themselves can control their emotions and heart. Give them time to mature and I think they will surprise you in the future. Hang in there, it can be a rough ride with girls....:insane::HitWall:
I have coached boys all my life. from 2nd graders to high school kids and I have no idea what makes girls tick. I cant even figure my own girl out. I know she just in 8th grade and have gave her time but the ups and downs are killing me
Some games its like she is just out there. no purpose. just going through the motions. other games ( it dont seem to matter the level of comp) she is mentally there and into the game. those games its 12 points good defense and 4 or 5 boards and 3 or 4 assists. The thing that kills me is and I just dont understand is after a game like last night. The girls are fine. It doesnt hurt them very long. idk feeling frustrated. Idk how to fix it. maybe you cant fix it
It's a good chance these YOUNG girls were looking past Williamsburg. I know it's crazy to us that a team with 6 wins would underestimate anyone but I have seen it MANY times in girls basketball!
I am ok with loosing. I am not ok with not competing. Sports are like anything else in life to me. If these girls, mine included, wont compete everyday at basketball. how they gonna compete everyday in the real world. To me young is not an excuse to not compete or is it? Is it something some kids are born with and some not or do some learn how to compete? My boys I think was born with it and my girl love her heart I just dont know if she will ever get it. My girl has just as much athletic ability if not more than my boys do but mentally and focus is not there. tired of hearing young. My oldest s a freshman at southwestern and starts or plays 80 percent of the game in varsity and competes every play. my youngest is n 6th grade at south and is a warrior every play. are girls just that much different? My daughter just moved from southwestern to live with me full time this year and I cant make her tick. tried everything
I think they do learn to compete more, IF they are surrounded by teammates and coaches that teach them what it takes to be a winner! Girls do seem to need additional motivation which a coach has to be able to produce. They have to do it though with more than just fear though with girls. I loved coaching girls they were always eager to please but it could also be the most frustrating thing too! Things will get better in time!
If you want her to perform.....you have to give POSITIVE reinforcement......If you only use negative they will give up and turn against you. Females run on emotions and that is where they are different in every aspect of life. It will drive you crazy......but if you want her to be a success....you have to grin and bear it and try to find something positive to say while slipping in the things she needs to do better and work on.
Finally a post Whizzard makes sense in.
Olred Wrote:It's a good chance these YOUNG girls were looking past Williamsburg. I know it's crazy to us that a team with 6 wins would underestimate anyone but I have seen it MANY times in girls basketball!
I think that is exactly what happened. Feel like this team mirrors the play of the few upperclassmen they do have and all of them are first year starters and learning how to lead. Think this is the only team I know of in the 13th with no returning starters. They beat Williamsburg a few weeks back and they came out playing lethargic. No disrespect to Williamsburg, they played a great game. Good lesson for South, being you have to bring it ever game especially in district play.