Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best in Class - 2016
Who are the best players state wide in the class of 2016?
I'll thrown in two 13th region players- Blake Smith and Wes Wolfe
goodin, dow, beverly off top my head
My list:
1) Beverly (PCC)
2) Goodin (Taylor County)
3) Carson Williams (Owen County)
4) Malik Dow (Ballard)
5) R. Long (Scott County)

I think this is the top 5 in the state as of RIGHT now. It can easily change by years end! Some kids get better and some don't!!
No chance in this world Beverly is #1 in 2016. Great kid, solid player but he's not in the same class as Goodin. I don't know if he is in the top 5 in 2016. Long from Scott Co has unreal upside.
Do people really think Beverly is going to play(and contribute) at a D1 school? He's 5'10", so unless he grows quite a bit more I think he's looking at being an NAIA player if he wants to get a lot of minutes at the next level. Is he that much better than Justice from Shelby Valley??
Beverly is Justin Hicks/Justice 2.0. Probably doesn't shoot it as well as either of them to be honest. He'll be a nice player, contributor at UPike.
Goodin is tops, I think. Beverly isn't as good as Goodin.

I don't think they're the best in the state, but the 13th Region has (in no order) -

Blake Smith - Clay County
Wes Wolfe - Clay County
Trey Farmer - Clay County
Chad Marsee - Knox Central

I'm sure there are others I'm leaving out. Marsee is our 8th ranked player. Smith, Wolfe, and Farmer have all been in the top 15 at some point in the season.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:No chance in this world Beverly is #1 in 2016. Great kid, solid player but he's not in the same class as Goodin. I don't know if he is in the top 5 in 2016. Long from Scott Co has unreal upside.

It's my opinion!!! They ask for it and I gave my opinion!! Doesn't mean you have to agree w/ it. Time will tell!!
Everyone has an opinion. The kid is a nice player but he has had the perfect situation at Perry. He is 5'9 maybe 5'10, quick and strong but not NCAA D1 level, and very heady. His shot is average.
nedreader Wrote:Do people really think Beverly is going to play(and contribute) at a D1 school? He's 5'10", so unless he grows quite a bit more I think he's looking at being an NAIA player if he wants to get a lot of minutes at the next level. Is he that much better than Justice from Shelby Valley??

Time will tell!! You so call basketball genius's get on here and think sizes matters that much. Go tell kids like Tyler Ulis that. I guess you think Johnson or Justice won't contribute either. They are both undersized for their position as well. If you can play coaches will give you a chance. I don't care if you 5'2. Let me say this. Y'all talk about Upike like that ain't a great place to play!!!! Some of you so called Basketball Scouts never touched the floor in a real game. I will say it like this, if I was starting a team he would be my first pick of the class of 2016. If he can't play D1 then 4/5 D1 schools that has offered him don't know anything.
Beverly is an excellent player we all know. According to Rivals he has NO offers from any school.
WKU, Samford, Northern Ky University, Cleveland State and Marshall have offered. Bulter, Alabama, Virigina and a few others have shown interest that I know of. Bulter will attend a couple of games this season from what I hear. With that being said, I never said he would be the best player in this class. I totally understand what upside is and how things can change. If I was ranking on potential it would be Long, Goodin and a few more in front of him. But right NOW I would take him. Tri-County I look at your ranking every week. Never have you had Broughton as the best player. It's a no brainer that he has the best upside in that region easily.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Beverly is Justin Hicks/Justice 2.0. Probably doesn't shoot it as well as either of them to be honest. He'll be a nice player, contributor at UPike.

#1 class of 2016 your very own Tyler "Chip" McDaniel.
ballstar Wrote:#1 class of 2016 your very own Tyler "Chip" McDaniel.

I thought McDaniel's was in the class of 2015.
You people are great, need a reality show somehow of your alls posts. seriously.

As far as the goodin/Beverly choice, you choose first and I will take the other and have no worries about it. Both are D1 NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

As far as top 2016.....MY OPINION (IN NO ORDER!)

Goodin - Great Athlete , when learns to harness everything will be even more dangerous!

Beverly - undersized? maybe to some , but to others he is the perfect fit. assist/to ratio is amazing and is stronger than you think.

Williams- Reminds me of a Justin Johnson. Unbelievable body and athleticism. When he gets mid range game down, look out!

Long - Without a doubt not the most polished player, but hey what do you want from a SEVEN FOOTER SOPHOMORE?!?!? If you say you wouldn't put him up there then go watch you some more high school games.

Wright- Eli Wright is the one who intrigues me the most. Great size and athletic wing. If willing to put work in to develop better ball handling and outside shot he could receive the highest offer in the end.

In the end these 5 seem to be doing something right and have been blessed with the tools to go with their work ethic. But you can definitely throw some more names out there. There are some great talents out there in all areas not mentioned in the northern and western areas of the state.

If I had to choose 5 from that class to play with, that would be them. There are other great players though in this class.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:No chance in this world Beverly is #1 in 2016. Great kid, solid player but he's not in the same class as Goodin. I don't know if he is in the top 5 in 2016. Long from Scott Co has unreal upside.

Long has improved greatly from his level of play at the beginning go the season. He still has a long way to go but if can keep improving at the current rate he will be a great one some day. Sometimes we tend to forget the kid is barely 16 years old.
rojas Wrote:Long has improved greatly from his level of play at the beginning go the season. He still has a long way to go but if can keep improving at the current rate he will be a great one some day. Sometimes we tend to forget the kid is barely 16 years old.

I agree. Upside is stupid good. I try not to argue who's who on here because everyone has their own opinion and they always think they know more than the other person. I've said Gilbert could play D-1 and everybody laughed at me. Lets see who's laughing by seasons end. He is a 6ft, not very quick, white boy that cant dunk and is easily the best scorer in the state. If you can play they will find you these days.
ballstar Wrote:I agree. Upside is stupid good. I try not to argue who's who on here because everyone has their own opinion and they always think they know more than the other person. I've said Gilbert could play D-1 and everybody laughed at me. Lets see who's laughing by seasons end. He is a 6ft, not very quick, white boy that cant dunk and is easily the best scorer in the state. If you can play they will find you these days.

I predict Belmont University for Gilbert
That's a great fit man. They are gonna be at the top or near the top of the OVC for a long time. I hope your right.
ballstar Wrote:Time will tell!! You so call basketball genius's get on here and think sizes matters that much. Go tell kids like Tyler Ulis that. I guess you think Johnson or Justice won't contribute either. They are both undersized for their position as well. If you can play coaches will give you a chance. I don't care if you 5'2. Let me say this. Y'all talk about Upike like that ain't a great place to play!!!! Some of you so called Basketball Scouts never touched the floor in a real game. I will say it like this, if I was starting a team he would be my first pick of the class of 2016. If he can't play D1 then 4/5 D1 schools that has offered him don't know anything.

Have you seen Quentin Goodin play?

Beverly is very good though, 2nd best in the 14th, some nights maybe the best in the 14th.

I've seen him play a few times up here.. Spot on with the bold.
I agree with you hoopmadness. I totally forgot about Eli Wright. He could end up being the best player in this class.
Overrated Wrote:Have you seen Quentin Goodin play?

Beverly is very good though, 2nd best in the 14th, some nights maybe the best in the 14th.

I have watched Goodin since about 5th grade. Super athlete w/ I great upside! Maybe the best upside of any kid in the state in any class.
rojas Wrote:I thought McDaniel's was in the class of 2015.

UK says he's in the Class of 2014 (reclassifying), but that seems to be up in the air, according to Bubba, who should know.
Ulis is 3" from being the top PG overall,, his type doesn't come along every year. Braxton is a good little player. But look at Quentins list of schools compared to Braxtons. Apples and oranges. As much as I like Justice,, he's not in Quentins league. Quentin is a top 40 4* player, 15 spots from a 5*. Beverly is a top 150 3*. It's ok to like your teams player,, but you have to be realistic sometime or another. Braxton will end up at a lower D1 school. Quentin will end up at a high D1 school that will challenge for a final four. Again not knocking on Braxton,, just being realistic.

And no,, Cam won't contribute much at all until maybe his Jr year. He has Braxtons problem,, size but a better scorer. Maybe against lower level competition he will do ok. Im really wondering if he will go to UT,, i dont think Martin will be the coach in '16. He'll have to play off guard against 6'4"- 6'7" guards way quicker than him. Johnson will do good at Western.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Ulis is 3" from being the top PG overall,, his type doesn't come along every year. Braxton is a good little player. But look at Quentins list of schools compared to Braxtons. Apples and oranges. As much as I like Justice,, he's not in Quentins league. Quentin is a top 40 4* player, 15 spots from a 5*. Beverly is a top 150 3*. It's ok to like your teams player,, but you have to be realistic sometime or another. Braxton will end up at a lower D1 school. Quentin will end up at a high D1 school that will challenge for a final four. Again not knocking on Braxton,, just being realistic.

And no,, Cam won't contribute much at all until maybe his Jr year. He has Braxtons problem,, size but a better scorer. Maybe against lower level competition he will do ok. Im really wondering if he will go to UT,, i dont think Martin will be the coach in '16. He'll have to play off guard against 6'4"- 6'7" guards way quicker than him. Johnson will do good at Western.

Mix1...

I agree w/ some of your assessment on these kids. Lets see how it plays out!! Time will be the best judge! I have a question for you Mix1. You say that Justice, Johnson and Beverly will have a hard time at the next level and I don't disagree because most do and it's a hard transition for any kid to play at that level. My question to you is what do you think makes Goodin such a great player at the next level??? I understand he is a great athlete w/ good size but I also watched him go 1/13 from the floor w/ 9 TO's against Lincoln County. I understand that everybody has bad games that's part of it. No disrespect, but a player of the caliber your saying Goodin is should easily dominate them wouldn't you think?
Nathan Watson from Powell plays very well. He's impressed me greatly in the games I've seen. Austin Morris from Estill is a good player also. Both sophomores have great potential to succeed. Both have a good outside shots and are reliable when it comes to getting to and crashing the boards.
I never said Johnson would have problems. I said he would do good. Although he needs to develop a consistant 15' shot to really do well . I said Cam would do good against lesser competition as would Braxton. You really think him or Braxton would do well against a UK,, a Duke,, a Kansas? If left open maybe. The upper teams won't give you open shots. What separates Goodin from either is his quickness,, he is an excellent slasher,, and he has good vertical on his jumpers. Nobody said he was a great shooter,, he's a pretty good scorer. Scorers don't always have pretty stat lines. There is a reason the UKs,, Louisvilles,, Indianas are looking hard at Goodin.. Although Indiana is a hasbeen school now a days.

Josh Carrier,, JP Blevins,, 2 kids that tore up ky high school bball. Didnt translate over to college because of lack of quickness.

Hey,, I hope they do great. Don't get me wrong.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Ulis is 3" from being the top PG overall,, his type doesn't come along every year. Braxton is a good little player. But look at Quentins list of schools compared to Braxtons. Apples and oranges. As much as I like Justice,, he's not in Quentins league. Quentin is a top 40 4* player, 15 spots from a 5*. Beverly is a top 150 3*. It's ok to like your teams player,, but you have to be realistic sometime or another. Braxton will end up at a lower D1 school. Quentin will end up at a high D1 school that will challenge for a final four. Again not knocking on Braxton,, just being realistic.

Mix1...

You must not be watching Tennessee play much on TV. If Justice were at Tennessee today he would be getting playing time, and he would be getting wide open shots!