Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's for breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper?
Whatever you may call….what you eatin' ?

Doing eggs and goetta for the fam this morning for brunch. Normally its a few vitamins and a breakfast bar Confusednicker:

How about you?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Pancake and sausage for this morning. Normally, during the week, I have and Instant Breakfast to drink.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spirit100 Wrote:Whatever you may call….what you eatin' ?

Doing eggs and goetta for the fam this morning for brunch. Normally its a few vitamins and a breakfast bar Confusednicker:

How about you?
What is goetta?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Biscuit & Gravy this morning.
Jarons Wrote:What is goetta?

Oh Jarons, say it aint so my friend Confusednicker:. A mix of sausage, and oats, very popular in the Greater Cincinnati.

See link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goetta

Goes great with eggs, pancakes, by itself, on biscuits, etc…..let me count the ways! There is regular and spicy. My family enjoys both. I think the spicy is better. It is best cut into 3/4" wide circles out of the tube it comes in ( just like sausage patties are packaged ). Flatten a bit by hand.

Cook on both sides for approx. 4-6 mins based on heat in the skillet with a little canola oil. You almost want to burn either side a bit to keep it crispy.

Hope that helps and peaks your curiosity enough to try it. If you like sausage, grits, and oatmeal. You'll like goetta. If your not a grit or oats guy. Stick to regular sausage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Breakfast was oatmeal and milk.
Had my babies in over the weekend; French toast and bacon.
Granny Bear Wrote:Had my babies in over the weekend; French toast and bacon.

Love that stuff one of my favorites!!
After a wild n crazy night of "chicken nuggets," for dinner. Going with peanut butter on apple slices for breakfast.

Have a great start to the week and stay warm!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
panther nation Wrote:Love that stuff one of my favorites!!

Next time you make it, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Or, if you prefer, grate some orange peel in the batter. My babies LOVE it!!!

My grand children asked how I made it taste so good. I told them, I added an extra ingredient. They asked if that was "love". Nope, it's butter!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Next time you make it, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Or, if you prefer, grate some orange peel in the batter. My babies LOVE it!!!

My grand children asked how I made it taste so good. I told them, I added an extra ingredient. They asked if that was "love". Nope, it's butter!!

Confusednicker:

That's how my Granny taught me to make it.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:That's how my Granny taught me to make it.

Mine too!!!
We OLD Grannies are all alike!! LOL

You can add a touch of cinnamon, too!!
^For some reason I don't like cinnamon in my French toast, but I like it on regular toast with butter.
You're just weird.

Wink
^I know. Smile
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:^For some reason I don't like cinnamon in my French toast, but I like it on regular toast with butter.

I like it both ways..
French toast is good with a little powder sugar on it also.
Next time, sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:Next time, sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar!

Wink

I put cinnamon into my french toast mix and then top it all off with powdered sugar and a scoop of churn style butter.
I don't trust words, I trust action...
Two little microwavable sausage biscuits and a zero powerade.
^^
Awwwwww!
Homemade pizza tonight for dinner
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm making me two chicken patty sandwiches with mayo and fries for supper. Plus another Zero Powerade.
Went to Cracker Barrel today and had the Country Boy Sampler9I think that is what it is called)
Honey and butter on wheat toast with a great cup of coffee...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Starting to try and make homade biscuits and gravy. So far not bad..could do better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Burger and chips tonight.