Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players in the 14th region
We all know the big names that everyone talks about...Johnson, Hudson, Beverly, Justice, etc.. Who else are players in the 14th Region to look out for? Any surprises this season as you have watched the 14th Region teams play?
1 Beverly
2.Justice
3.Johnson
4.Hall
5.Hudson
Thats my starting five.
ballboy Wrote:1 Beverly
2.Justice
3.Johnson
4.Hall
5.Hudson
Thats my starting five.

Cordia's Cunningham has to be in the top 5 imo. I don't know which of the ones you listed would have to move down, but Cunningham is definitely top 5. I really don't see much difference in him and Beverly; actually would give him a bit of an edge over Beverly.
OK...did anyone actually read the question in the threat. I said BESIDES those 4 or 5 that everyone talks about. I am really not interested in most of them because they are truly not 14th Region boys.
D-ROCK Wrote:OK...did anyone actually read the question in the threat. I said BESIDES those 4 or 5 that everyone talks about. I am really not interested in most of them because they are truly not 14th Region boys.

Butt hole I consider all of them 14th Region player.....Now here one.

Leslie County- Blake Asher :Cheerlead
Blake Asher must have had the game of his life for Cordia to just beat Leslie by 10 because Leslie County is weak!
Justice [head and shoulders]

Cunningham
Beverly
Johnson
Hall
D-ROCK Wrote:Blake Asher must have had the game of his life for Cordia to just beat Leslie by 10 because Leslie County is weak!

Know cordia had to play for their life to win that game....And they did....Are you a breathitt co fan, :igiveup:
Breathitt County?? :gtfo: I am just a fan of high school basketball. Excuse me for stepping on any toes. Of course we all hear the stories about the refs and what a bad job they do.
D-ROCK Wrote:Breathitt County?? :gtfo: I am just a fan of high school basketball. Excuse me for stepping on any toes. Of course we all hear the stories about the refs and what a bad job they do.

I'm sure you didn't step on my toes....or you was wearing flip-fop. Confusednicker:
:wtf1:
D-ROCK Wrote::wtf1:

:welcome: TO BGR from. 64SUR
I would have to say that Chance Cornett is one of the most improved players in the region this season. I would also say a surprising player is Turner from PCC. He never played varsity at all last year. I think he is averaging about 10/12 pts a game and is only a Soph.
What about Austin Combs from Cordia?
D-ROCK Wrote:What about Austin Combs from Cordia?

Your right. He is a good one but I already thought he was good last year. Not hating but I think on a team like PCC, KCC or HHS he is a much better player. JMO, he gets more shots on those teams. I think he is a game changer at another school.
D-ROCK Wrote:What about Austin Combs from Cordia?

7hr later D-ROCK has us a player...and I agree...:rockon:
I think everyone knows the top 8 (in no order) Justice, Johnson, Beverly, Cunningham, Hudson, Hall, Hollan, Noble.

Some other players that should get some credit are:
Lucien (Cordia)
Cornett (Knott)
Thompson (Hazard)
Asher (Leslie)
Lawson (Wolfe)
Cooper (Buckhorn)
Whitmore (Breathitt)
Jones (Estill)
Turner (Perry)
Junior-Battle: I agree with Lawson and Thompson for sure. Some of your choices not so much.
D-ROCK Wrote:Junior-Battle: I agree with Lawson and Thompson for sure. Some of your choices not so much.

Heck give us some names....D-ROCK....:argue:
1- Justice (Knott)
2- Johnson (Perry)
3- Beverly (Perry)
4- Cunningham (Cordia)
5- Hall (Knott)
6- Hollan (Hazard)
7- Hudson (Hazard)
8- Noble (Breathitt)
9- Cornett (Knott)
10- Lucien (Cordia)
11- Thompson (Hazard)
12- Asher (Leslie)
13- Lawson (Wolfe)
14- Jones (Estill)
15- Whitmore (Breathitt)
16- Cooper (Buckhorn)
17- Turner (Perry)
18- Hoskins (Buckhorn)
19- Frimpong (Cordia) - When he gets to play, he does good.
20- Christian (Knott)
Letcher Central's Josh Owens ( I Think that's his name) would start for every team in the 14th region!

Griffin Wells is having a very good season for Hazard.
Justice is no better than Beverly IMO and Johnson is a Monster! When Johnson gets to college and gets coached up a little he could be really good, I do however believe he has a lot of growing up to do.
If Johnson really pushes himself in the college and transforms his game a little he can become something super special. Ain't never seen no white boy w/ hops like his. His conditioning, ball handling and shooting range will be key to his success!
justice is every bit the player Beverly is or better and Johnson is a good player but from what I have seen IMO he doesn't have any range. Not saying he couldn't improve his shot. But in college I'm not so sure he can dunk every shot against those bigger players.
Asher at Leslie
Hollon at Hazard
Noble at Breathitt
Christain at Knott
Tagaloa at Cordia
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Letcher Central's Josh Owens ( I Think that's his name) would start for every team in the 14th region!

Griffin Wells is having a very good season for Hazard.
Owens is having a great year at LCC. Excellent athlete. Averaging over 22 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blks, and 2 dunks a game.
From what I've heard of Owens is he is a great player. I haven't got to see him play but the games I've heard him play on the radio he really tears it up. The announcers all had good things to say about him.
Justice - Knott
Hall - Knott
Cornett - Knott
Christon - Knott
Sammons - Knott
The Weatherman Wrote:Justice - Knott
Hall - Knott
Cornett - Knott
Christon - Knott
Sammons - Knott

Knott so bad
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Justice is no better than Beverly IMO and Johnson is a Monster! When Johnson gets to college and gets coached up a little he could be really good, I do however believe he has a lot of growing up to do.

What ever you do, don't change your profession to college scout! You'll go broke fast!!!