Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Petrino to Louisville - Part II
Good move or bad move by the Louisville administration? Will this affect any of the in-state recruits to either school involved in the transition?
Good move bad news for western Kentucky....:Sad04:
Jurich showing why he is regarded as the best AD in the country.
Maybe this opens the door for Jeff Brohm to become the head coach at WKU
Over/under How long will Petrino stay there?
Good move
Recruits will stay because Clint Hurtt is staying.
toussaints Wrote:Maybe this opens the door for Jeff Brohm to become the head coach at WKU

heard they talked to him already in case BP left,so I say so
UKisN1 Wrote:Over/under How long will Petrino stay there?
Good move
Recruits will stay because Clint Hurtt is staying.

until a good SEC job comes open,now take the Ville hired him back for round 2,wonder if things don't work out with Belima at Arkansas if they would hire him back,the answer would be YES.they didn't want him to go,but wouldn't that be funny and can make it to a Horror movie,lol
cuppett777 Wrote:until a good SEC job comes open,now take the Ville hired him back for round 2,wonder if things don't work out with Belima at Arkansas if they would hire him back,the answer would be YES.they didn't want him to go,but wouldn't that be funny and can make it to a Horror movie,lol

Everybody wants him except BARNHEAD and FBALL.
insideinfo Wrote:Everybody wants him except BARNHEAD and FBALL.

Add this guy to the list. I don't want him. It would be like if cal went to the nba and we hired pitino and his new fresh louisville tattoo.
Sleaziest football coach in the country to the sleaziest school in the country.
insideinfo Wrote:Everybody wants him except BARNHEAD and FBALL.

:truestory:

UK is done now.
Should have got him when we had the chance. Good news is this will spell th end for barnhead.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Add this guy to the list. I don't want him. It would be like if cal went to the nba and we hired pitino and his new fresh louisville tattoo.

You must be like FBALL you like losing, you guys want to start this Holier Than Thou stuff. But I can tell you we ain't know saints ourselves. For the record I'm no Pitino or Cal fan either.
FBALL Wrote:Sleaziest football coach in the country to the sleaziest school in the country.

Get use to looking up to them.
I look up to nobody. I'm a saint.
It amazes me the man crush you guts have on a guy that has left everyplace he had ever been in shambles.

Desperation is a bitch.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::truestory:

UK is done now.
Should have got him when we had the chance. Good news is this will spell th end for barnhead.

How will this be the end of Barnhart?
I don't trust words, I trust action...
Hell, if Vanderbuilt opens up, BP could ditch Louisville w/o having coached a game. BP is in the same Me Me Me category as Lane Kiffin.
So does Brohm hook his trailer to Petrino back to Louisville or does he hang his hat in BG?

I'm hoping he has enough sense to see the importance of building solid relationships. The only issue would be is he good enough to merit the new HC keeping him on staff at the QB coach position.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Pick6 Wrote:Hell, if Vanderbuilt opens up, BP could ditch Louisville w/o having coached a game. BP is in the same Me Me Me category as Lane Kiffin.

How funny would that be if he left without coaching a game at Louisville? That would not surprise me in the least.
You guys can hope he leaves all you want. But he is going to make life miserable on a few people, and I could not be happier.
Masai Whyte tweeted yesterday that he will remain committed to Western Kentucky.

"For all those inquiring, I'm solid in my commitment to Western Kentucky University football!!! #GoTops" - @mcsai3
I just don't see how anyone can honestly support this man. He's one helluva a coach, no doubt, but he's a dirty one that's never committed to anything in his life.

- He went behind Louisville's back to interview with Auburn after they fired Tuberville.
- Left Louisville for the the Falcons, but didn't finish the season as he left during the middle of the night and didn't even meet with his coaches or players, just left them a note. Mike Zimmer was quoted saying that Petrino was, "gutless".
- Went to Arkansas and had an affair with a younger woman, who he had hired onto the schools athletic department.
- Hired at WKU, who took a risk hiring him and he leaves after 1 year.

Had success at everywhere he's stopped (except at the Falcons), but when's he's left at his head coaching stints he's left those programs in shambles.

But he's a good coach, so I guess you have the hire him just to win at all costs. Which makes this a desperate move by Louisville's AD, Tom Jurich. If he has success at Louisville in the ACC he'll likely leave again for a better job whenever it opens up, like a Florida next season, Michigan in a few years, etc.

I'm glad Barnhart doesn't think like this. He's done an amazing job at UK. Turned every athletics program around to being top 25 in just about all sports. Finally UK has a AD that will put forth the effort to improve the football program and not just survive off of basketball success.
The only thing BARNHEAD has done for the football program is raise the price on Parking Passes, Tickets, and Raised my K Fund contributions. I will give you that he has been good for Olympic sports put if you can't make money with Football you can not have these programs. By the way my
favorite sport is swimming. IMO BARNHEAD has robbed football to pay for these other sports and now he's paying the price.
insideinfo Wrote:The only thing BARNHEAD has done for the football program is raise the price on Parking Passes, Tickets, and Raised my K Fund contributions. I will give you that he has been good for Olympic sports put if you can't make money with Football you can not have these programs. By the way my
favorite sport is swimming. IMO BARNHEAD has robbed football to pay for these other sports and now he's paying the price.

Then what do you call the $110 million renovation to Commonwealth stadium over the next two years?

Plus Barnhart hired Rich Brooks after Morris left, which wasn't a bad hire for the program, since he's one of the better coaches UK has ever had. The Joker hire wasn't a bad one at the time, because he was one of the most highly regarded offensive coordinators in the country. He didn't turn out of be worth a nickle, but he was fired and Barnhart landed a coach and staff that has come in and in two months put together the best recruiting class in UK football history and is about to have a top 15 or 20 recruiting class this season, something else UK football has NEVER done.

And complaining about ticket prices is hilarious when UK's parking pass prices and ticket prices are some of the lowest in the SEC. Plus prices are being raised everywhere, not at just UK or in college football, sports in general, everywhere.

So go tug on Petrino's pocket all you want, because I'll gladly set back and let Barnhart keep improving athletics at Kentucky and let Stoops right this ship we call Kentucky football.
insideinfo Wrote:You guys can hope he leaves all you want. But he is going to make life miserable on a few people, and I could not be happier.

I hope he stays classy San Loserville.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Then what do you call the $110 million renovation to Commonwealth stadium over the next two years?

Plus Barnhart hired Rich Brooks after Morris left, which wasn't a bad hire for the program, since he's one of the better coaches UK has ever had. The Joker hire wasn't a bad one at the time, because he was one of the most highly regarded offensive coordinators in the country. He didn't turn out of be worth a nickle, but he was fired and Barnhart landed a coach and staff that has come in and in two months put together the best recruiting class in UK football history and is about to have a top 15 or 20 recruiting class this season, something else UK football has NEVER done.

And complaining about ticket prices is hilarious when UK's parking pass prices and ticket prices are some of the lowest in the SEC. Plus prices are being raised everywhere, not at just UK or in college football, sports in general, everywhere.

So go tug on Petrino's pocket all you want, because I'll gladly set back and let Barnhart keep improving athletics at Kentucky and let Stoops right this ship we call Kentucky football.
There you go messing things up using facts, morality and common sense. How dare you do that in this forum.
Please explain to me what Brooks did for UK my mind must of went plank. What I remember is losing SEC record, Zero appearances in the SEC title games. Zero for however many times he played Florida and Tennessee. The University losing money on going to the Music City bowl. By the way this is the best Bowl we ever went to under him. For all these great things you think he done I find embarrassing. Pardon me for dreaming big but I think the only reason we are not playing for SEC championships, Sugar Bowls and National Championships is hires like Rich Brooks.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Then what do you call the $110 million renovation to Commonwealth stadium over the next two years?

How can you say he got us a 110 million renovation. The few of us left that work in this state are paying for this. This was nothing but a bribe to get a coach.
insideinfo Wrote:How can you say he got us a 110 million renovation. The few of us left that work in this state are paying for this. This was nothing but a bribe to get a coach.

So the state is loaning UK $110 million for Commonwealth stadium renovations and Mitch Barnhart had nothing to do with it? And just a bribe for a new coach? Of course Mitch had to do something to improve things in the football program. How else can we ever expect to compete in the SEC if we can't put up the same money these other schools are to get their coaches, players, and fans to show up?

Blaming Barnhart for a crappy football program is laughable, because past AD's did little to nothing to benefit the football program, so go blame them, not Barnhart, who like I said has improved every sport at UK, including football.
There you go all common sense like and grammatically correct again.