Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineville 64 Knox Central 60
Final I believe this makes 8 losses in a row.
Not a good sign for KC.

Im beginning to think Bville and LC will come out of that district.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not a good sign for KC.

Im beginning to think Bville and LC will come out of that district.

This will make two years in a row he loses in the first round of the district. Gut you will really love this stat. He has never won a region game in over 15 years coaching.
insideinfo Wrote:This will make two years in a row he loses in the first round of the district. Gut you will really love this stat. He has never won a region game in over 15 years coaching.

I am surprised by that. Good info. I did not know that.

I remember the days when Knox use to rule the 50th district back when it was 6 or 7 teams. Every year the paper shows the past winners of each district, and Knox had a ton of them. I was barely old enough to remember a lot of those, but I know knox was something else in the 70's and 80's.

You would think a change would have been made by now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I am surprised by that. Good info. I did not know that.

I remember the days when Knox use to rule the 50th district back when it was 6 or 7 teams. Every year the paper shows the past winners of each district, and Knox had a ton of them. I was barely old enough to remember a lot of those, but I know knox was something else in the 70's and 80's.

You would think a change would have been made by now.

I use to love the 50th district when all those teams was in. There was very few years when anyone had a gimme to get to the region in boys or girls. Knox Central has some really good teams when Scott Broughton was the coach had more than few Div1 players some I can remember are Kim Mays Auburn, Janet Jones Dayton, Kathy Smith Louisville. There was also a few Division3 and NAIA players.
insideinfo Wrote:I use to love the 50th district when all those teams was in. There was very few years when anyone had a gimme to get to the region in boys or girls. Knox Central has some really good teams when Scott Broughton was the coach had more than few Div1 players some I can remember are Kim Mays Auburn, Janet Jones Dayton, Kathy Smith Louisville. There was also a few Division3 and NAIA players.

I would love to go back to that district.

Corbin
Whitley
Williamsburg
Lynn Camp
Bville
Knox Central

I think we even had All Saints in there for a year or two.
If im also thinking right, they never played Whitley while there school existed, and I don't believe they ever competed in the 50th district tourneys, even though there were in the 50th. They played in the 48th district when they played. I know 2 years they were winless, and one year they had like 3 wins. Several schools broke records on them.
insideinfo Wrote:Final I believe this makes 8 losses in a row.
This was 7 in a row with many to come. Another stat 2 winning seasons in 15 years and that was when Wendy Messer played and he scheduled a ton of all A schools and then was barley over .500. He continues to play a weak schedule and still can't win. If I were the parents of Knox Central girls I would sue the school system because they have fired to boys coaches that had been successful in Elam and Evans who was hired back and they continue to keep him on as the coach of the Knox Central girls.
upintheair Wrote:This was 7 in a row with many to come. Another stat 2 winning seasons in 15 years and that was when Wendy Messer played and he scheduled a ton of all A schools and then was barley over .500. He continues to play a weak schedule and still can't win. If I were the parents of Knox Central girls I would sue the school system because they have fired to boys coaches that had been successful in Elam and Evans who was hired back and they continue to keep him on as the coach of the Knox Central girls.

I have preached this for years. With all the kids we have lost over the year this should be a no brainer but no one that matters seems to care. I know a few years ago some parents went to see Huelett and he told them to do what they had to do and he would do what he had to do. Several left right after that.
There is rumor going around that more middle schoolers have transferred to the city school does anyone know anything about this.